Charging issues

Makaveli671

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T galaxy note...all of a sudden, it's not taking the charge when I plug it in. I've tried different outlets and different chargers (including different cables). Help......please.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I never thought of having to clean out the port, glad to know that tip. I have spare batteries and one wouldn't start charging. I finally took my fingernail and just gently rubbed along the copper connections and, voila, it started charging the second I plugged it in. Hope one of these suggestions fixes your problem.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have noted the same trouble with my GNote, at first I thought it was the cables as well. Going to try the compressed air...

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had ongoing trouble with mine. Last night I swapped out the battery and so far that seems to have done the trick. Will continue to monitor.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
well it resolved itself and not in a good way. Today the phone just refused to acknowledge the insertion of any usb device, even the docks which seemed to be always the charger of last resort.

Fortunately I took the Best Buy insurance and stopped by the store today. The associate there told me this happens on phones that charge through usb more than you would think, and the ports don't hold up to the rigors as well as they should. He showed my how "loose" the port had become. If you are having trouble I would investigate service to the port sooner rather than later if you can.