Need some help with the wiz

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a used note and upgraded it to 4.0.4 via kies and I am trying to settle in but I am having these problems:

-I can't resize widgets, specifically the google voice widget which I know is resizable on the Nexus. It doesn't have different widget size selections, on the nexus you tap and hold to get resize handles. I can't figure out how to get the resize handles on the note.

Fixed-Five icons across the bottom that I can't move or change (phone, calendar, email, web, apps) and I would really like to put my own selection down there, how?

Fixed-No folders?? I guess I could live without but I would really like to get them.

Last edited:

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
To change the icons, go to your App Drawer, Hit the "Menu" button (far left on AT&T), hit "Edit." Then drag and drop the icons you want, then hit "Menu" again and click "Save." You can also create a folder in this menu.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
App drawer? Not getting that.

I did figure out how to add a folder though, you have to manually create a folder. Dragging a app on top of an app does not automatically create a folder in this like it does on Nexus.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
To change the icons, go to your App Drawer, Hit the "Menu" button (far left on AT&T), hit "Edit." Then drag and drop the icons you want, then hit "Menu" again and click "Save." You can also create a folder in this menu.

Ok what you are describing sounds like this correct?
Tip: Customize the Default Galaxy S App Drawer - YouTube

My problem is when I try to drag the icons down into the bar where the five icons are that I want to change those change into a big delete button.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay I got it I had to change the view type save it, leave and come back and the next time I edited I was able to change the bottom row of icons which is great thank you. After I did that I was even able to change back to the alphabetical list which is perfect.

Seems like everything is just a little harder to get to with touchwiz.

Anyone know how to resize the Google voice widget?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Seriously I can't even use the google voice widget in this default 2x2 size.

Screenshot_2012-08-15-18-29-43-1.png

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't, I never get the resize handles. Same app on my nexus can be resized. No widgets anywhere on the note in ICS can be resized far as I can tell.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I did a little research and installed apex and everything is so much better now, thanks. I don't understand why they even bother skinning a phone if they are going to do a crappy job.

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone I have yet to wrap my head around the fact that things like this can be done and I'm annoyed that it doesn't work with the launcher it comes with.

I can understand that. Unlike iPhone, with Android you don't have to be stuck with what it comes with or jump through hoops to change anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC