Hello everyone,

I was able to configure my stock email app with our company exchange server using the Microsoft Exchange ActivSync option. We use PKI digital certificates for signing and encryption. I can send and receive signed email but there are still some things that aren't working. Has anyone resolved the following issues?

1) It takes quite a long time to open any signed email. First message says downloading, then second message says verifying and finally it opens. This can take anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds or longer per email. Unsigned emails open immediately.

2) I can't open encrypted email, I can't send encrypted email

3) Some people on Blackberry (like my boss) can't read my signed email from my galaxy note

I contacted Samsung support for issue 1 above and they actually recommended I try a third party email app. I just don't like the idea of having to purchase an email app just to get digital signatures and encryption working properly - if Apple and Blackberry can do it with their stock email apps why can't ICS on Android? Also, third party apps don't sync your corporate calender with the stock phone calendar which is a disappointment and extra work.

Any help would be most appreciated!
    08-28-2012 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD