- 16 mp 1080p camera
- 4,5" display oled (350 ppi)
- battery 3200 mAh
Lte/Lte advanced

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
and this is all coming from people who havent even seen a physical GN2. say what you will but save your criticism and complaints until you actually try one out.

just my opinion.

If they make the bezel smaller so the 5.5" Note 2 is the same size as the Note 1 it is still going to be too unweildly to use as a phone, especially once you pop a case on that thing cause something that big will spiderweb or shatter much easierand at lower velocities than a more compact device.

Additionally if you use the camera on yoru device a lot, this thing is a usability nightmare for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why ppl are complaining about the size of the note 2. It is pretty dam close to the same size of the note 1. U think a couple MM makes or breaks than there is something wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

The point of my post was that the Note 1 was already too big. We all know this is a niche device. We don't have to argue about it :p

leo5111

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
raiderwill, have you tried running liquid smooth? i like paranoid rom too but, i didnt want to try and figure out how to get rid of the flicker problem it has :p

Drewfis

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Once we get the update for our Gnote (not ICS or JB) the original not will be better than the note 2. Because the update will give the original note GS3 and GNote 2 features

I'll stick with what I love already

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Once the note 2 is finally released, we will be having this same conversation/argument next year about how the note 2 rooted and rommed is so much faster and better than the note 3.

Raiderwill, from all of your posts, all i can gather is that you sound like a salesman for the rom you are pushing, i mean, even including all of the screenshots, like that will convince someone to root and rom their phone.

Sure, rooting can increase performance or battery on some devices, but just understand that some people don't want to root or feel comfortable doing it. Smartphones are becoming popular with lots of people that are not as computer literate as you seem to be, so there is going to be hesitation on some people's part.

I for one have rooted and rommed numerous devices, but also like the new tech. Devices like my 10" tab, note 1, captivate, htc inspire and others all the way back to windows mobile. There are plusses and minuses to it, and it is not for everyone. Sometimes, it is just the amount of hoops that need to be jumped through just to unroot the device for warranty needs.

As far as the note 2 not coming to america, come on, all Samsung has to do is change some items and everything will be good to go. If they release it within the next 2 months, they can get them in the states before any preliminary hearings on the new lawsuit.

Another thing, didn't Samsung finalize the exynos quad core to run on LTE. Thought i read that on a tech blog a month or so ago.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is a great post. I was not aware that the current galaxy note already has the hover technology and is powerful enough to run galaxy note 2 software pretty well. However, I am REALLY looking forward to the LED notification indicator on the note 2.

The more narrow design, ram upgrade and LED notification indicator are the main reasons I will be upgrading :D. I think the new note looks purdyyyy.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the international GNote and got the ATT version on launch day. While I really enjoyed both phones (sold my 717 this week), I am really looking forward the the Galaxy Note 2! It seems to have everything I want and more! Can't wait!

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Note 2 or a week now and I Can honestly say that anyone who buys it will be enamored with the phone. It is that good.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
@raiderwill wow why do you have so much hate for the Note2? If you have the OG Note and don't feel the need to upgrade, fine, and good for you. But don't question other people's choices, and don't tell them they're stupid for getting it instead of getting the now cheaper Note.

I have the Note 2 and yes this phone impresses me. Every day that I use it.

And to those saying it's too big, hold one. And hold the OG Note. It doesn't feel much bigger. And because it's narrower it's even much better to hold. Samsung got the ergonomics right on this baby. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
@raiderwill wow why do you have so much hate for the Note2? If you have the OG Note and don't feel the need to upgrade, fine, and good for you. But don't question other people's choices, and don't tell them they're stupid for getting it instead of getting the now cheaper Note.

I have the Note 2 and yes this phone impresses me. Every day that I use it.

And to those saying it's too big, hold one. And hold the OG Note. It doesn't feel much bigger. And because it's narrower it's even much better to hold. Samsung got the ergonomics right on this baby. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Yes the Note II is easier to hold. I went to a Sprint store yesterday to check it out and I had my Note I to compare the two.
Side by side it's not really that noticeable but when you hold it there is a sense of easier to hold on the note II.
Again, it's not gonna be earth shattering but it's there.

My advice, if you don't have the note now, get the Note II.
If you have the original Note, well this is a much harder choice to make and may involve your finances.
Either way, it's a hell of a lot better than an iPhone.