Gallary Problem

Steve777Atc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm helping my wife with her Galaxy Note and we were trying to disable some apps that seemed to be running without needing to. Dice game, Pandora, and such. Well she disabled (not uninstall) her Gallery app. The other apps she disabled left their icon on her phone to be chosen and the programs could be started again. The Gallery app however, once disabled, removed its icon from her phone and the app is no longer listed under "manage app" to restart or do anything with. Can anyone help or offer any solutions to get the Gallery app back on her phone. She is running ICS and sync with her laptop using Kies (think thats spelled right). She doesnt sync often so doing a restore on her phone might loose more data/pics/texts than would be comfortable to do...

Thanx in advance,
Steve

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
First, congratulations to your wife for getting the best phone out there! I'm amazed you could even remove the gallery as it's a stock app. I'd like to remove a bunch of things that came with the phone but they stay there lurking in the background. Glad you didn't lose your pictures. I bet your next update will bring it back. When you close or leave something, it's not like on the computer and it will continue to run in the background. You can pull up a task manager by doing a long hold on the home button at the bottom and then hitting task manager on the screen that comes up. From there you can really close things, either by choosing individual apps or ending all. When I first got the Note, I started to realize there were things that kept running that I didn't want, and it was due to their settings to sync or update. If things start running automatically, check their respective settings and turn off any auto functions. The plus side is you'll see a big savings in the battery! I had a weather widget that was constantly updating and using gps. I stopped that and couldn't believe how my phone could suddenly last all day without a charge! Have fun setting up the Note for your wife. I hope she loves it as much as I love mine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12