New AT&T Software Update - Problem

ZRsDad

May 31, 2010
Visit site
At 5:45 CDT, I received a notification of an AT&T software update (36.58 MB). I was on wi-fi, and the message said I needed to stay within wi-fi range. Performed update... "Optimizing 152 applications". Now, Android version is still 4.0.4, Kernel version is 3.0.8, Build number is IMM76D.UCMB4.

When I realized that it wasn't Jelly Bean, I synced via Kies to see how it showed phone status. Kies says "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies." It shows that I AM connected, but now something's out of sync. (And I can't even tell what the OTA update was.)

Anyone else?

Vodkajcl

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this morning. I was hoping it was the Jelly Bean update, but instead it seem like its an update to block the update. WTF? :mad:

Jeremy Madden

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. I'm hoping that this is a precursor to the Jelly Bean update, but at this point who knows. They don't release information about the updates, I think they want to keep it a surprise.

netnative

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
At 5:45 CDT, I received a notification of an AT&T software update (36.58 MB). I was on wi-fi, and the message said I needed to stay within wi-fi range. Performed update... "Optimizing 152 applications". Now, Android version is still 4.0.4, Kernel version is 3.0.8, Build number is IMM76D.UCMB4.

When I realized that it wasn't Jelly Bean, I synced via Kies to see how it showed phone status. Kies says "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies." It shows that I AM connected, but now something's out of sync. (And I can't even tell what the OTA update was.)

Anyone else?

I had the same problem. Please see below a cut and paste of a chat with Samsung technical support.

Samantha : I am sorry, we are unable to match your Baseband verison with current version. Your device is displaying different version.
Samantha : I am sorry, the version which is displaying on the device is not available/updated in our website. As the update has been pushed by AT&T, please contact them regarding the issue.

This is what AT&T technical support had to say:

Shannon Taylor: I am sorry, ecustomer, but we have no information about Kies at all.
Shannon Taylor: This is 100% designed and supported by Samsung.
Shannon Taylor: We have no information about it in any way at all.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It means that your phone is ahead of the current version of Kies. When Kies gets updated, the firmware version message will change.

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else?

Same thing here for the past 2 days. I figured my Note being rooted was causing the update to fail.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
the issue isnt an update issue. its the updates effect on the kies software. after the update kies doesnt recognize the firmware.

Find that hard to believe the two are related. Are you using the OEM cable? It can make a difference. What OS are you running on your computer? Running as administrator? Reboot your computer/phone? Reinstall the Samsung DRIVER?

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Find that hard to believe the two are related. Are you using the OEM cable? It can make a difference. What OS are you running on your computer? Running as administrator? Reboot your computer/phone? Reinstall the Samsung DRIVER?

I did all of the above n same result. Dell XPS17 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 16g of ram kies still cannot recognize firmware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo