Did anyone notice the battery dyes faster ever since you updated it to Jelly Bean?

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, I updated my Note to Jelly Bean. It is really good, but this morning I unplugged it at a full charge and was using it for an hour and it went to 75%? Did anyone notice that? Is there anything I can do? Here is what is using my battery.

Screen = 42%
Android System = 15%
Gmail = 15%
Android OS = 6%
Zedge = 4%
Browser = 3%
Media Server = 3%
Media = 3%
Cell standby = 2%

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After any kind of upgrade you have to give the device a few days to reset the battery calibration. Yes it does die a bit faster now, but it also is an upgrade and things have to re-sync, re-scan media and so on. So it is also doing much more right away that the battery will die. After a couple of days you will notice it start to act the way it did. It also helps if you Root and get rid of some of the bloat that was installed. All of those AT&T Apps and some of the Samsung apps are running in the background and help drain the battery faster.

5H in battery
49% screen on time for a total of 1 hour
9% Android OS
9% Standby

It goes on from there. But as you can see after having my upgrade for a couple of days now, my battery is close to being what it was previously with battery life. I have also removed all the bloat to hel this process along.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I did a master reset after my update because talkback refused to turn off after updating it from the play store. My battery life so far is better than with ics. Drove around today with ingress running and ended up with 50% battery. Before the battery would have died by then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Andy_man

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I turned off the Location service for Google now and weather services and it immediately fixed the issue. I'll have to try a master reset and see if that helps with Location on.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I did a master reset after my update because talkback refused to turn off after updating it from the play store. My battery life so far is better than with ics. Drove around today with ingress running and ended up with 50% battery. Before the battery would have died by then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

After an OTA Update, it's usually recommended to do a factory reset so the new OS can start with a "clean" slate. I've always done it (if not rooted) with any phone I've done an OTA. Usually, I have less problems, if any.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
After an OTA Update, it's usually recommended to do a factory reset so the new OS can start with a "clean" slate. I've always done it (if not rooted) with any phone I've done an OTA. Usually, I have less problems, if any.

This. Also my battery life has been phenomenal thus far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42