Laggy after update

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife is complaining about her phone lagging since she updated to jelly bean. She is not happy, anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
As the other person said, your probably should do a factory reset. You may even want to select the option to clear the internal sd card when doing it.

Basically depending on how mucked up the software was before upgrading, it only makes it more pronounced after the upgrade. A factory reset will remove all the apps and make you reload them, setting them up cleanly for 4.1.2.

Don't forget we are also doing more with the same resources. It is just going to be slower at times. Mine is pretty responsive most of the time, but it has it's moments of lag. Mostly when jumping between apps allot.

sumchans

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I had same problems after upgrading to jelly bean. Each official update made my device totally unusable. Finally I rooted my device. Now I have the feeling my device won't be obsolete in another 10 years.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well ultimately rooting and freezing some of the bloat really will help. I stop using the Samsung Clock/Weather widget for a long time because it created allot of the lag. That is a option to help performance to. It really does do allot to slow it down

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers