Anyone else having battery indicator issues?

datawalla

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else been having battery indicator issues since the Jellybean upgrade? Since the upgrade, my indicator is not accurate at all. Today, my phone shut down because it was out of power when the indicator had just shown over 30 percent power left. I noticed because I had just made a mental note that the power was low but, since I would be home soon it should have plenty of power left until I would be able to plug it in. Thirty seconds later it shut down without warning. Yesterday, it had been plugged in and though I was using it heavily, it still showed a 100 percent charge. However, as soon as I unplugged it, the indicated charge dropped to 88 percent. I never had this problem with ICS. I'm starting to feel like I can't trust the battery indicator and always need to carry a spare battery. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else been having battery indicator issues since the Jellybean upgrade? Since the upgrade, my indicator is not accurate at all. Today, my phone shut down because it was out of power when the indicator had just shown over 30 percent power left. I noticed because I had just made a mental note that the power was low but, since I would be home soon it should have plenty of power left until I would be able to plug it in. Thirty seconds later it shut down without warning. Yesterday, it had been plus gged in and though I was using it heavily, it still showed a 100 percent charge. However, as soon as I unplugged it, the indicated charge dropped to 88 percent. I never had this problem with ICS. I'm starting to feel like I can't trust the battery indicator and always need to carry a spare battery. Is anyone else experiencing this?

No, I've experienced no issues through any of the three Jelly Bean updates I've had so far. I've lost a fair amount of battery time, but no issues with the indicator. I did have some crazy behavior, a couple of shutdowns after my last update, but i pulled the battery for thirty seconds, then put it back in and restarted the phone and haven't had a problem since.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been having battery indicator issues since the Jellybean upgrade? Since the upgrade, my indicator is not accurate at all. Today, my phone shut down because it was out of power when the indicator had just shown over 30 percent power left. I noticed because I had just made a mental note that the power was low but, since I would be home soon it should have plenty of power left until I would be able to plug it in. Thirty seconds later it shut down without warning. Yesterday, it had been plugged in and though I was using it heavily, it still showed a 100 percent charge. However, as soon as I unplugged it, the indicated charge dropped to 88 percent. I never had this problem with ICS. I'm starting to feel like I can't trust the battery indicator and always need to carry a spare battery. Is anyone else experiencing this?

How old is the battery? Sometimes, that is a sign of an old battery

peterdalmaijer

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issues. 68% left, the screen start to flicker and my Note shuts down. At start-up it show only 9% or less!. Connect it to power and it shows 43%. However 15minutes later its shutdown again.
My Note is almost 2 years.
I'm running 4.1.2
Very frustrating!
I'll try BergerKings solution....fingers crossed.
Screenshot_2013-11-07-20-36-31.png

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer