Att Note 3 Wifi Issues and Lag Time.

JGBrannan

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I received my ATT Note 3 and flew internationally the next day. The wifi issues match what is posted all over the internet. Dropped signals. Inability to hold connection to a close router. Turning off and diverting to 4g, 3g, and even edge, I was in three countries so far all acting same. I have my wifi Note 8, my S3, and a macbook air with me, all experiencing no issues at all. Last night after reading extensively, I turned off the ATT Smart Wifi App, as you are unable to uninstall it.
It was an immediate fix. I bounce between routers all day and today it has no issue moving between and holding onto signals.
There is another annoyance about this device that could create a return if unsolved. I was with people in other countries that have this device and do not have this issue. There is a 3 second lag time when you try to start or open the device. You push either front or side button and the screen stays blank for three seconds before the main screen to swipe to unlock, appears. No other device from other countries has this issue. I have turned off all power saving features days ago, trying to sort it out. Nothing works. I believe it has a lot to do with the provider software from ATT. They are known for many bugs in software, especially anything to do with connections.
As one example only, I have tried the ATT international wifi software on several devices and it never works. (Read posts on google search).
I believe the device is great, but feel like I am unable to use the device as it is intented when issues like this exist. Though I solved the wifi signal issue on my own, I will reconsider if ATT does not release an update to correct these issues soon.
I hope this post helps others.
All other people internationally I know, that have this device, LOVE it.
I do love the new Samsung supplied apps it has as they are very useful.

Last edited:

JGregory Brannan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I will report two items.
1) If this item is in the wrong thread, where should it go? I have the Note 3 and Note 8 and though they are different, just where would a thread differentiate them?
2) As I suspected, AT&T Software. Software on ATT Messaging App I was noting several major crashes and lag time, while the Samsung stock Messaging App was working fine.

I downloaded and installed AT&T Visual Voicemail after reading a few posts from others with messaging issues. on the combined ATT Messaging program.

As soon as I "stopped" the ATT Messaging program from running, now the entire Note 3 Start Screen Lag is GONE. This is what I wrote about in my first post above.
The phone software now opens as it should. Hope this post helps others.