Galaxy Note N7000 unlocked worked before, now won't sync

ajaxblu

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
My Note is not connected to any cell carrier but I couldn't find a forum for that. It's the international version and I use it with wifi since I don't want a smartphone.

I've purchased books from Amazon and synced to my Note in the past but now the books I purchase aren't syncing, or recognizing, I guess.

I've had calengoo on my Note for over a year and it's now not syncing, says there is "no peer certificate."

The wifi is working just fine; I can get on the internet.

Can anyone help? Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First places to check are the usual culprits. Make sure that the "Sync" option in your phone is ON, and then check in all your accounts that they are, indeed, set to sync data (if the option is ticked off, they won't sync).

I'd check your passwords, too...Some times you can have a working internet connection but the token or credentials for the device have been revoked or the password needs to be re-entered and/or renewed (Facebook is especially annoying with this every couple of months).

ajaxblu

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. All passwords check out. I have gone into Accounts in Settings and made sure all the syncs are on. It keeps saying 'Sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly.' but it never works & gives no more info than that. The wording on your reply makes me think there's an overall sync setting other than that in accounts - is that true?

Also, in my Kindle app, when I click on Help or Send Feedback or anything connecting I get the error that the 'certificate is not from a trusted authority.' Added to that issue is the fact that the option to 'sync' now does not appear in the Kindle application.

ajaxblu

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
OK I'm sorry to reply to my own reply but I've discovered the problem and maybe it will help others to know. At the same time I'd asked for help here, I also asked the android calengoo support people for help. I didn't think it was relevant here so didn't mention that my date & time on calengoo kept setting to jan 2000 on its own. He showed me that the incorrect date was the cause of both issues because security certificates have date ranges. So, wrong date Jan 2000 was causing my Note not to update even though it was connected. I've corrected the date/time of my Note and everything is now syncing. Thanks so much for your help - sorry I didn't mention the wrong date here.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, glad you got it working :) As for the 'Master Sync Swtich", yeah, there is one. It should be in your notification toggles.

ajaxblu

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again and I have another question: Since fixing the issue my battery runs out like crazy. I have airplane mode on to block internet so I'm not sure why the battery's draining so quickly. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again and I have another question: Since fixing the issue my battery runs out like crazy. I have airplane mode on to block internet so I'm not sure why the battery's draining so quickly. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

How old is your phone/battery? This phone is 3 years old so if you bought it when it came out, it's time for a new battery.

Also, check your battery stats and see what is draining the battery?

ajaxblu

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks -According to battery usage, the display is what's using the most power (which I assume is normal) at any given time but I always have brightness very low.

I've never replaced the battery, because it's always worked well - and this is so sudden, not a gradual reduction of performance. I never had an issue with the battery draining until I adjusted the sync settings a couple of days ago and corrected the date/time and everything started syncing again. I understand that syncing often will drain the battery but I only turn airplane mode off long enough to sync once/week and then turn it back on so my wifi is off 99% of the time. A coincidence?

Thanks

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira