Using Samsung Note 1 (AT&T Model) as a wi-fi only type media player

masaai2000

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I was hoping someone could help me. My old Samsung Galaxy Note 1 had started having issues. Broken charge port so had to swap batteries, broken headphone jack, pc not recognizing device, etc. So I bought a new phone (Nexus 5), and now I have this Note 1 laying around. I would love to use it as a media player (like an Ipod TOUCH or something). The problem I am having is that even with my wifi connected, NON of my network dependent apps will work. Facebook, Google Play, Youtube, Netflix, etc all seem to be looking for a cellular network, or a SIM or something. Is there a way I can use this as a wifi only device that all my network dependent apps will work (they same as they did before? I don't understand why I couldn't. Converting my old Iphone 4 into a wifi only Ipod Touch basically, was no problem. Connected to my wi-fi and life went on as normal. Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 3 that I use on wifi occasionally when I switch to my N5. Works fine, all apps are operational. Hmmm.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea not sure what is happening there. I upgraded to a note 3 and was using my Note one that way for months. Not sure if it is exactly the same user case.

I just figured I might aswell use it as a small tablet.

I would point out that mine was a new one I got under warranty. So no issues before it was decommissioned.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3