It's a SLIDER!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with arstocker. I'm not saying that this version ugly (well the back is horrible actually)....But i was looking forward to this phone for months. I was only expecting minor changes like 4 button than 3 button on international....but to slap a keyboard on it is a disappointment. Great for ppl that like keyboards though. But I will probably going to pass on this phone and get the international version if i can afford it or wait to see what the nexus 3 or iphone 5 is all about.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
According to Ziegler from This Is My Next, At&t will be getting a few GSII devices, not just one. Basically, you will get a slider and probably a regular slab.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well this stinks! , I was going to leave Sprint go ATT with this device.
That wont be happening now due to freaking ugly keyboard

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Sigh. I hope this isn't the only version for AT&T but anything is possible. I just think it would be a poor business decision on Samsungs part. They've marketed their baby as slim, sharp picture and beastly this whole time but if they make this drastic of a change it would be risky. If this is the only version they may have just managed to short themselves even more on u.s. sales between the delay, competitor flagships (including the approaching IPhone), and this keyboard stuff.
But I will probably going to pass on this phone and get the international version if i can afford it or wait to see what the nexus 3 or iphone 5 is all about.
I'm right there with frozencloud, minus the Iphone5 part :]

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Android Central is backing up Ziegler's tweet. Personally, this is a great move to get the S2 into both the slider and all touch screen markets. Gotta love options!

Article

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
well if this is true at least I can go back to not watching the net for hype. Physical buttons on a phone is like going back to analog dial radios and tv's. :D

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
at&t could be getting very serious with android. A Slider GS2, a candybar GS2, HTC Puccini tablet, the LTE HTC Holliday, lets not forget the Atrix, infuse, and Inspire which are all still amazing phones, thats a hell of a line up

eawortman

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I think part of it is the loss of iPhone exclusivity. I'm glad to see AT&T embracing Android from a variety of manufacturers. Putting side-loading on their phones now and the Gingerbread announcement are more indicators of the shift.

at&t could be getting very serious with android. A Slider GS2, a candybar GS2, HTC Puccini tablet, the LTE HTC Holliday, lets not forget the Atrix, infuse, and Inspire which are all still amazing phones, thats a hell of a line up

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I am in the air. As much as I enjoy onscreen keyboards, the aspect of actually having a keyboard is nice as well.

It is nice to finally see AT&T do something right. Getting quite a few phones announced for Gingerbread before the year is out and side loading as well. They are doing some work to try and draw in customers.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd actually like this to come to Verizon, I would love a keyboarded Galaxy S2! I've been spoiled since the Samsung Epic was my first smart-phone. I'd really like my phones to have a keyboard if possible. Swype is nice, but nothing replaces the physical buttons for me, especially for games like emulators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane