Fcc approved?!

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fcc approved?!?!

How did you find this exactly? I've been digging and trying to find the Verizon variant but it's so counterintuitive over there!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Different form factor from Saga and also this clearly says "pre-production."

Who knows I actually work for Samsung or FCC lol

Yeah definitely different, I just thought it was strange that it shared a model number with an older device. Again, the uppercase vs lower case letter is probably the difference.

Out of curiosity, where did you find the information that the camera was 8mp? I haven't been able to sleuth that out of the reports. Also, you could be right about the RFID thing, although I honestly don't know too much about it ... only that NFC is a subset of RFID but shorter range or something.

EDIT - Nevermind I saw the page with the info that says 8mp camera.

Last edited:

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Samsung SGH-I777 approved by FCC today. Too bad the drawing is not as detailed as Sprint's, but this could be GS2 for ATT. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Radio: GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA

8MP Camera

RFID???? is this hinting NFC???

This might not be GS2 though. Sprint's battery was 1800mA, while this one's showing 1500mA...
General SGH-i777 - The Attain? - Android Forums

HAHAHA!!! you beat me last night but i beat you by 2 whole minutes today.

i dont think we're wrong and i'll tell you why...

1. Samsung GALAXY S II GT-I9101

that website from 2 months ago lists the sgh-i777 as an ATT varient of the i9101 the one with NFC

2. "SGH-i" falls right in line with att/samsungs naming conventions.

3. the only other phone with gs2 with NFC is the Korean one and they use CDMA

reason against... It might just be the white GS2 for europe... :|

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh I just found this in the RF Exposure report:

8. The standard battery cover contains a near field communications (NFS) antenna, and is the only battery cover that comes with the device. All tests were performed using the standard RFID cover. The technical description contains detailed information about the near field communications antenna.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site

So ready for this phone! I'm rocking an Optimus V on Virgin. Definitely was a good beginner android, but now it's time for a top of the line phone. Hopefully it hits in the first half of August, but I'm not holding my breath.

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

DANG I was behind 2 minutes!! But guess who got credited from the first publisher:
AT&T's Galaxy S II Variant Passes Through FCC, Launch Imminent

:p

I really hope Verizon Function to have NFC too...

Also, note that the testing period is actually earlier than Sprint. Verizon Function could have already passed the testing!
kudos *golf clap*

did you notice that the i777 pcb is like 20% smaller than the d710? granted the Within has twice the number of physical radios (hahaha wimax) but...

and i've just gone back and looked at the i9100 and the i777 is the exact same size as the the og GS2... if it wasn't for the model number i'd be kinda bummed right now thinking it was more like than not the white GS2. as it is it might be kind of iffy.

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Would no. of radios be the reason that Sprint Within has a larger battery?
definitely, wimax can be hell on battery life. look at the first Evo. however even the i9100 comes with a 1650mAh. but also on the labal on the fcc report it only lists it as 1000mAh

also i might have jumped the gun a little big. the i9100 doesn't give exact total height and width numbers but i was looking at the wrong numbers for the i777. the d710 pcb is 130.4mm x 69.1mm the i777 is 125.4mm x 66.3mm so about 5% smaller.

my bizzle

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

and i've just gone back and looked at the i9100 and the i777 is the exact same size as the the og GS2... if it wasn't for the model number i'd be kinda bummed right now thinking it was more like than not the white GS2. as it is it might be kind of iffy.

Naw man the model number definitely gives it away. "SGH" is a AT&T specific Samsung model number prefix. I would be very surprised if this wasn't AT&T's Galaxy SII variant.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Do we know what phone the U.S. carriers are getting ?

Some say it is a crippled version, with a Tegra2 chip ? Others saying it is a dual core Infuse 4G running Gingerbread, with 4.5" screen ? Or it could be the exact same phone already for sale in other countries ? But no solid concrete info on what to expect, and when exactly.