AT&T has let the cat out of the bag, officially announcing their own version of the SGSII:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/att-an...artphone-again

After the show, Phil got some sweet lovin time with a unit, check it:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-atts-galaxy-s-ii

Even Samsung had some news about it, especially some awesome custom accessories:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...me-accessories

I asked Phil how he liked the thing right after he was done fondling it. His reply:

It's a good 'un folks!
    08-30-2011 07:43 PM
    Boy that is one sexy phone in Phil's chubby hand lol. And I thought the international version looked good. From what I can tell the back piece almost has a mesh look to it, which in my opinion looks even better than the s2 we're all used to peeping at in guiltless pleasure. Not to mention the Galaxy badge has been nicely tweaked. It's also dropping on a Sunday which means I'll be at the store first thing for my early upgrade while saving 9 hours of vacation time I am also pleased to hear that it will come in 4.3 inches since Phil said that there was an evident distinction in sharpness and color with deeper blacks than it's larger relative. This is going to be a long 2.5 weeks but I'm stoked
    08-30-2011 08:12 PM
    Is it a big jump over his Infuse?
    08-30-2011 09:08 PM
    Is it a big jump over his Infuse?
    His words
    "The display is a mere 4.3 inches. But it's made up for losing those two-tenths of an inch with the Super AMOLED*Plus display. Side by side with the Samsung Infuse -- which we've come to love and cherish the past few months -- it's a noticeable difference."
    08-30-2011 09:17 PM
    So what about the i927 (SGS2 slider)? Any word on when that will be released and whether it will be branded as a Galaxy S2?
    08-30-2011 09:36 PM
    So what about the i927 (SGS2 slider)? Any word on when that will be released and whether it will be branded as a Galaxy S2?
    Nope no word on that yet. I'm wondering if it will just walk and talk like a GS2 but not have the galaxy branding on it. But your guess is as good as anybody else's at this point. For example the Infuse is definitely in the Galaxy family tree, it's still not a Galaxy. I'm guessing it will just sorta get announced and come out since the big hype is over today's announced bad boys.
    08-30-2011 09:56 PM
    I'm glad the AT&T version of this phone is most like the original. Stretching the display at the same resolution isn't a bonus. The stretching of text on the Infuse isn't a real bad thing, but it isn't as sharp. I'm not commited to a carrier but I'm going to grab AT&T's version.
    08-30-2011 10:25 PM
    arggg....I ordered the Infuse from AT&T and it will be delivered tomorrow. I should have waited.
    I am wondering if I can "reject" the delivery and wait 'til Sept 18 to get the GS2

Any suggestion?
    08-30-2011 10:40 PM
    Sqa4life-

You have 30 days to return any new phone with no questions asked, if you ordered from a legitimate AT&T store (discounted on-line retailers may differ). I'm not sure where Amazon falls.

AoN
    08-30-2011 11:00 PM
    arggg....I ordered the Infuse from AT&T and it will be delivered tomorrow. I should have waited.
    I am wondering if I can "reject" the delivery and wait 'til Sept 18 to get the GS2

Any suggestion?
    AT&T Returns Policy - Wireless from AT&T.
    08-30-2011 11:02 PM
    great! Thank you.

I can try out the Infuse 'til Sept 18 and see if the GS2 will be any better. I still can return/exchange the Infuse for the GS2 :-)
    08-30-2011 11:16 PM
    Any word on pricing yet? If it's $199 I'm also returning my Infuse.

This would mean the Infuse's price would drop, no?
    08-31-2011 02:20 PM
    i saw sprint is selling theirs at 199.99 for a 2 year contract and 499.99 outright. im hoping they are the same.
    08-31-2011 09:30 PM
    Official price is $199.
    10-02-2011 04:58 AM
    Just got my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II from Best Buy at $180. $20 cheaper then I would have thought. This phone is worth every penny.
    10-02-2011 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD