Difference Between Samsung Infuse 4G and Galaxy S2

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The s2 is just as much a 4g phone as the Infuse. Same HSPA+ category14 21mbps capable technology. The S2 will do everything the Infuse does plus some.

NOVAA

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What are the main "plus some's" that the S2 has that tops the Infuse? I'm just curious.

Thanks!

The main ones are the internals. S2 has a dual core 1.2Ghz processor based on the Cortex A9, versus the single core 1.2Ghz processor based on the A8 in the Infuse. This gives the S2 a fairly substantial processing power advantage, and while I don't have numbers on hand, I'd be willing to bet the ARM gpu in the S2 is a fair bit stronger than the SGX540 in the Infuse as well. Beyond that, double the ram (1 Gig vs. 512MB) and the S2 runs TW4.0 unlike the Infuse which has TW3.0.

In other words, its a beefed up Infuse with a slightly smaller screen. Unless your unhappy with the performance you get from the Infuse, I would recommend against upgrading, as it still has perfectly capable specs, front/rear cameras, and (arguably) a better screen.

Reactions: TBayTom

artisan

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The main ones are the internals. S2 has a dual core 1.2Ghz processor based on the Cortex A9, versus the single core 1.2Ghz processor based on the A8 in the Infuse. This gives the S2 a fairly substantial processing power advantage, and while I don't have numbers on hand, I'd be willing to bet the ARM gpu in the S2 is a fair bit stronger than the SGX540 in the Infuse as well. Beyond that, double the ram (1 Gig vs. 512MB) and the S2 runs TW4.0 unlike the Infuse which has TW3.0.

In other words, its a beefed up Infuse with a slightly smaller screen. Unless your unhappy with the performance you get from the Infuse, I would recommend against upgrading, as it still has perfectly capable specs, front/rear cameras, and (arguably) a better screen.
The screen is said to be noticeably sharper than the Infuse - I'm sure this is a combination of the size "reduction" and the Super AMOLED Plus.

NOVAA

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The screen is said to be noticeably sharper than the Infuse - I'm sure this is a combination of the size "reduction" and the Super AMOLED Plus.

I'll believe it when I see it. Both the Infuse and the S2 use SAMOLED+, and the reduction in screen size is good for a DPI increase from 207dpi on the Infuse to 216dpi with the AT&T S2. The numbers say that there shouldn't be a very "noticeable" difference, but then again I haven't seen the S2 yet.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
They say it in the video. The GS2 has 12 subpixels while the Infuse has 8, this being the reason why the screen looks better on the GS2.