Galaxy S II Purchase

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm just planning ahead in anticipation for release.

Do you guys know what store/website gives usually the best deal for new phones on AT&T. I want to get the best price for the new Galaxy S II Attain.

I used Wirefly to get the Captivate for $75, but they have since discontinued AT&T for some reason. So I'm looking for a new home to buy phones that is reliable and gives the best deal. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

litesout

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd check Amazon and Best Buy. I've not personally used either, but I know people who have. Buddy of mine got his wife an iPhone (I know, no taste whatsoever) cheap at Best Buy before they were even elligable for an upgrade.

Reactions: TBayTom

ChillFactorz

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought a phone through Amazon awhile back, be sure to take your time and read, I did. I was able to keep my current contract, and keep Unlimited data. Amazon was a good experience.

Kingfrog

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
NewEgg has the unlocked unbranded version... The best way to go if you prefer to use custom ROMS and kernels. Plus you can get UL internet for $10 a month since ATT does not have the IMEI registered for international versions. Buy an Iphone upgrade and sell it and get the unhampered SGS 2 if money is an issue

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Target and Walmart should be carrying it as well. They have good deals from time to time.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G using Tapatalk.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know the off contract price for this yet? It comes out in less than 2 weeks.. why can Sprint get a date and a price 2 weeks before launch and AT&T have no official word on launch date or price...

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Off-contract price will be somewhere around $549-$599 based on the current subsidy structure.

The Thrill 4G sells for $99 with a 2-year, and $449 without.
The Torch 9810 sells for $49 with a 2-year, $449 without.
If the GS2 comes in at $199, a $599 pricetag wouldn't be a surprise.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I would say Radio Shack. They're who I've bought my last 2 phones from. They handle the rebates so you get the good price without waiting for a mail in. Plus they're usually cheaper in general.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping the gs2 will be the same price as the Cappy when they were first released @ $ 399 off Contract! Then buying the att branded gs2, I will buy off Contract..

HTH,
Charlie

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I want a price already so I can decide if I want to put my phone up for sale!!!!! Jeez AT&T :mad:

I want this thing soooooo bad...

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I like Costco. Great prices and you can't beat the return policy. If you're upgrading, you have 30 days to return the phone and revert back to your original contract without it costing you a cent. You have 90 days from the day you upgrade and buy the phone, to return it to Costco and get a brand new S2 (not refurb) if there's something wrong with it OR, you can swap it out for a different phone if you decide you don't like the S2. After 90 days, the AT&T store takes over the warranty.

I like the 90 day trade-in they offer because it gives me a chance to make sure the phone doesn't have a problem and, I get a chance to use it for a while to make sure it's going to work for me. I also like the ability to walk into any Costco and get instant service if the phone isn't working instead of having to mail it back to a store. I bought the Samsung Infuse from Costco for $149. Same price at Best Buy and Radio Shack, but Costco has the 90 day return policy and no restocking fee.

Costco tells me they'll have the phone by the end of the month.

Just my $.02 worth!:)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I like Costco. Great prices and you can't beat the return policy. If you're upgrading, you have 30 days to return the phone and revert back to your original contract without it costing you a cent. You have 90 days from the day you upgrade and buy the phone, to return it to Costco and get a brand new S2 (not refurb) if there's something wrong with it OR, you can swap it out for a different phone if you decide you don't like the S2. After 90 days, the AT&T store takes over the warranty.

I like the 90 day trade-in they offer because it gives me a chance to make sure the phone doesn't have a problem and, I get a chance to use it for a while to make sure it's going to work for me. I also like the ability to walk into any Costco and get instant service if the phone isn't working instead of having to mail it back to a store. I bought the Samsung Infuse from Costco for $149. Same price at Best Buy and Radio Shack, but Costco has the 90 day return policy and no restocking fee.

Costco tells me they'll have the phone by the end of the month.

Just my $.02 worth!:)

I love Costco also! After 90 days is it the ATT store that takes over the warranty or ATT mail order? I do not think you can return a defective phone to the ATT store after 90 days if bought at Costco can you?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I love Costco also! After 90 days is it the ATT store that takes over the warranty or ATT mail order? I do not think you can return a defective phone to the ATT store after 90 days if bought at Costco can you?

No, you go to AT&T warranty center to exchange for a refurbished phone if yours broke. If you bought at AT&T store, you have 30 days to return the defective phone for a new one. After 30 days, you go to warranty center for refurbished ones.

So Costco is better. You have 90-day return or exchange.

I just listed my Captivate on eBay to beat the rush :) Since I will be buy S2 for no commitment price, AT&T is my only choice (other retailers don't care much for no commitment price since they can't make money on it and typically sell higher price than AT&T).

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I also just put my ATRIX on ebay. Guess this means I am getting the S2 for sure. Def don't wanna have to use my curve for long. Let's go AT&T don't disappoint!!

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I sold my 3GS, and my Captivate a long time ago (Must have been three weeks by now).

And have been using an old Motorola Q...

Please hurry up, AT&T. That's all I ask..All I want to do is shell out $200 on a Galaxy S2.

And hopefully it'll be available at other resellers for a cheaper price. :D

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Costco seems like a popular place to go for phones, do they usually get new items the same day as the AT&T stores or do they usually lag behind in getting new product?

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CostCo is great, but I recently went to Sam's Club and got a better price for my Wife's Samsung Infuse that I could have at CostCo. At the time CostCo was selling it for $189, and I got it at Sam's Club for $98, and was able to keep the Unlimited Data plan attached to the line.

Hoping for CostCo or Sam's Club to have the GS2 for $199-150. Now we just need an official release date.