09-18-2011 09:41 PM
86 1234
tools
    So ATT will be selling their S2 for $99 for new subscribers on a 2yr contract ?

I am looking to leave Sprint, their service just blows, download speeds on 3G of 200k/sec, and 4G speeds are maybe 2mb/sec if you can even get a signal, and 4G WiMax kills your battery in minutes. And Sprint sucks even harder in doors, almost non working inside.

No wonder Sprint has unlimited data, it will take a full 30days to ever download anything
    Hahaa! That was a good one. Yea Sprint isn't the fastest here in Az either seeing as how they haven't added 4g yet here still ! Ive had both companies and while the fastest ive gotten indoors on my iphone 4 in the basement under levels of concrete at work was 4.9 mbps my sprint phone wouldn't even send a text until i went upstairs.

I dont know what walmart.com will sell AT&T version for but one could guess they would do a similar offer as the Sprint deal seeing how it's pretty much the same phone.

The email that tunie got back from Costco is the only source saying they will carry the phone by the end of the month so hopefully this Is true and they're not making a PR mistake.
    09-14-2011 06:48 PM
    Hahaa! That was a good one. Yea Sprint isn't the fastest here in Az either seeing as how they haven't added 4g yet here still ! Ive had both companies and while the fastest ive gotten indoors on my iphone 4 in the basement under levels of concrete at work was 4.9 mbps my sprint phone wouldn't even send a text until i went upstairs.
    ATT allows your phone to work in a Basement ? I have never heard of such thing No really my Sprint phones work maybe .001% down here in my Basement Office, lucky to get a text off, no phone calls at all.
    09-14-2011 07:12 PM
    ATT allows your phone to work in a Basement ? I have never heard of such thing No really my Sprint phones work maybe .001% down here in my Basement Office, lucky to get a text off, no phone calls at all.
    Well they did just add a tower near the baseball stadium so that's probably the reason lol. For all I know it could be sitting on our roof. I can't wait to see what I'll get with the galaxy! If there's HSPA+ on top of that... then oh yea!!!
    09-14-2011 07:25 PM
    Just called an AT&T store here in Atlanta (Lenox Mall location) and they seemed pretty clueless. The only thing she would tell me was that new phones were coming out on Sunday. I said I know, you have 2. Response was, oh, really?

Anyway, looks like I might have to get my wife the Infuse and then upgrade once the SGII comes out.
    09-15-2011 09:05 AM
    Just called an AT&T store here in Atlanta (Lenox Mall location) and they seemed pretty clueless. The only thing she would tell me was that new phones were coming out on Sunday. I said I know, you have 2. Response was, oh, really?

Anyway, looks like I might have to get my wife the Infuse and then upgrade once the SGII comes out.
    Replies like that from store employees are pretty common. Does not shock me. We always have next weekend to look forward to.
    09-15-2011 09:34 AM
    Well this weekend would be a "few" weeks away if you go off of the October 7th date for the iPhone. (which I'm 90% sure is legit) I just can't see them releasing after the iPhone. It would be suicide and it's not like Apple has strings they can pull with AT&T any longer since the phone is on multiple US carriers now. Didn't the Bionic get it's release date one day prior?
    I completely agree it would make no sense at all to release the GS2 after the Iphone. Hopefully it will be like the Bionic then and we can find out on Saturday that its coming out.
    09-15-2011 09:40 AM
    Replies like that from store employees are pretty common. Does not shock me. We always have next weekend to look forward to.
    I don't want to have to wait until next weekend, I'll be out of town and won't be able to go to a Costo when they open.
    inomad likes this.
    09-15-2011 09:46 AM
    Yeah, I fell prey to the rumor mill and sold my iPhone. Hopefully it will be like the thrill which they advertised 2 days before it launched... (crosses fingers...)
    inomad likes this.
    09-15-2011 10:43 AM
    I hope it is released on Sunday. I really want to switch from my iPhone 4.
    09-15-2011 10:50 AM
    I don't want to have to wait until next weekend, I'll be out of town and won't be able to go to a Costo when they open.
    I'm leaving for California that weekend myself for a week so it will push me back even further.
    09-15-2011 11:20 AM
    They just announced LTE will be officially deploying the 18th, and apparently a new GoPhone plan. Maybe the odds are still good.
    09-15-2011 11:33 AM
    They just announced LTE will be officially deploying the 18th, and apparently a new GoPhone plan. Maybe the odds are still good.
    Just saw that myself. I know this is a long shot but maybe, just maybe Sprint had first dibs on the device and AT&T can't say anything until Friday. Like I said, it's a long shot but I honestly have no idea why they would be sitting on this. Just seems like a dumb move considering Apple has a device coming at the start of October.
    09-15-2011 11:48 AM
    Yesterday evening I got off the phone with a rep at AT&T and he said talk about the Galaxy S2 is getting out now but all he heard so far was that it was coming out a few weeks within the launch of the IPhone. <rolls eyes>. Well of course, that's a month timeframe give or take a few weeks each way lol. So they're still not much if a help for info. This Sunday is starting to look more grim
    09-15-2011 11:57 AM
    Yesterday evening I got off the phone with a rep at AT&T and he said talk about the Galaxy S2 is getting out now but all he heard so far was that it was coming out a few weeks within the launch of the IPhone. <rolls eyes>. Well of course, that's a month timeframe give or take a few weeks each way lol. So they're still not much if a help for info. This Sunday is starting to look more grim
    Well this weekend would be a "few" weeks away if you go off of the October 7th date for the iPhone. (which I'm 90% sure is legit) I just can't see them releasing after the iPhone. It would be suicide and it's not like Apple has strings they can pull with AT&T any longer since the phone is on multiple US carriers now. Didn't the Bionic get it's release date one day prior?
    09-15-2011 12:12 PM
    The Bionic did indeed. I'm still holding out hope.
    09-15-2011 12:28 PM
    The Bionic did indeed. I'm still holding out hope.
    Only thing we can do now is hope. Maybe we will get lucky and hear something tomorrow or by the end of the day today.
    09-15-2011 12:40 PM
    the infuse is still going for $199. Does this worry anyone that they may try to sell the GS2 at a higher price initially?
    09-15-2011 12:50 PM
    the infuse is still going for $199. Does this worry anyone that they may try to sell the GS2 at a higher price initially?
    Good point, but no I do not think we will for the fact that the GS2 is not a successor to the Infuse. And the Infuse has a larger screen. I think both will cost the same or AT&T will drop the price of the Infuse when the GS2 is released.
    09-15-2011 12:56 PM
    Shouldn't there be sites and businesses that do preorders before the official carrier launches it? I mean no word on preorders from wirefly, best buy, Costco, Target, Walmart.com etc etc. Preorders from these companies then a few units trickle into tech sites for review, then days before official launch people's preorders end up getting shipped then launch day. Isnt this the normal scenario? Yes the bionic did literally get a date only a few days before but it was in people's hands getting sneak peaks or up close and personal for reviews, from back office rooms to the front sales counter. I'll just expect sometime by next weekend or the one after. Something would have trickled by now.
    09-15-2011 01:46 PM
    Shouldn't there be sites and businesses that do preorders before the official carrier launches it? I mean no word on preorders from wirefly, best buy, Costco, Target, Walmart.com etc etc. Preorders from these companies then a few units trickle into tech sites for review, then days before official launch people's preorders end up getting shipped then launch day. Isnt this the normal scenario? Yes the bionic did literally get a date only a few days before but it was in people's hands getting sneak peaks or up close and personal for reviews, from back office rooms to the front sales counter. I'll just expect sometime by next weekend or the one after. Something would have trickled by now.
    I could easily see it coming out next week since Sprint's is coming out this week, combined with the fact that there are already 2 phones coming out for AT&T this weekend.

At this point I think I have accepted that its not going to come out this weekend no matter how much I want it to.
    09-15-2011 01:50 PM
    I could easily see it coming out next week since Sprint's is coming out this week, combined with the fact that there are already 2 phones coming out for AT&T this weekend.

At this point I think I have accepted that its not going to come out this weekend no matter how much I want it to.
    say it ain't so! seriously...if the launch date get push back to next month....i might as well wait to see what the iphone 5 or nexus prime got to offer.
    09-15-2011 01:53 PM
    Just talked to my local AT&T. Spoke to what sounded like a normal sales associate. He knew what a Galaxy SII was, said they haven't received in their shipments yet, but normally don't until a day or 2 before the launch (he said they are expecting the SII shipment by Friday.) He didn't have an offical "Yes, it'll be here Sunday" but he did say and I quote "Your best bet is to be here Sunday morning or call Saturday afternoon and we'll have a definite answer"

Seriously going to rage pretty hard if it doesn't come out on Sunday. Have the day planned off and everything.
    bake, inomad, Simba501 and 3 others like this.
    09-15-2011 01:55 PM
    Just talked to my local AT&T. Spoke to what sounded like a normal sales associate. He knew what a Galaxy SII was, said they haven't received in their shipments yet, but normally don't until a day or 2 before the launch (he said they are expecting the SII shipment by Friday.) He didn't have an offical "Yes, it'll be here Sunday" but he did say and I quote "Your best bet is to be here Sunday morning or call Saturday afternoon and we'll have a definite answer"

Seriously going to rage pretty hard if it doesn't come out on Sunday. Have the day planned off and everything.
    Based on some of the conversations that other people have had with sales reps at least he knew the phone that you were talking about. If they get shipments on Friday's I would expect something to leak tomorrow if it is going to come out Sunday.
    inomad likes this.
    09-15-2011 01:58 PM
    Woop woop! Thanks!
    09-15-2011 01:58 PM
    I seem to remember this was the case with the Captivate too. I remember it being a VERY soft launch for AT&T compared with the other carriers, and there being very little concrete confirmation that the phones would be in stores until a day or two before they came out.

If they don't surface this Sunday, I wouldn't count on seeing them until the next weekend because AT&T mostly releases new product only on Sundays...
    09-15-2011 02:01 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD