I can't wait till this phone drops! I've been following phones for the past few months and the one thing I keep reading on Sprint and VZW forums is how their 4G phones get drained quickly due to either LTE or WiMax. Will HSPA+ have the same effect?
    09-14-2011 08:33 PM
    yes but not as bad. the higher the data speed the more juice...
    jemcmichael likes this.
    09-14-2011 08:52 PM
    it switches back to 3G when not using data
    09-15-2011 01:28 AM
    it switches back to 3G when not using data
    Not sure where you heard this. It does not switch to 3G while not using data. At least not the case with the Atrix or any other HSPA+ AT&T device I've had.
    09-15-2011 11:31 AM
    Anandtech had a pretty thoughtful review of the International SGSII. The linked page is the conclusion, including some discussion about battery life. Not the best across the board, but better than a lot of the competition out there...
    TBayTom likes this.
    09-15-2011 02:10 PM
    I have the international version and use it on AT&T. It does seem to stay on 3G until you need the data, then it will switch to H+ (at least that's what the icons are showing). I've only had it a few days, so take this with a grain of salt, but battery life has so far exceeded my expectations. Yesterday I was using it quite a lot during the day between phone calls, e-mails, browsing, and just playing around with different settings and by around 7pm (12 hours) it still had 53% life left. I used it heavily the rest of the night and around 11pm it finally dipped to 15%. My previous phone was the HTC Inspire, and I was consistently hitting around 20% by 6-7pm with light to moderate use. It's still not the greatest, and won't be as good as the iphone or a blackberry, but it's more than enough to get through a solid day with normal usage without giving me cause for worry or feeling I need a charger at hand at all times.
    09-15-2011 03:13 PM
    I have the international version and use it on AT&T. It does seem to stay on 3G until you need the data, then it will switch to H+ (at least that's what the icons are showing). I've only had it a few days, so take this with a grain of salt, but battery life has so far exceeded my expectations. Yesterday I was using it quite a lot during the day between phone calls, e-mails, browsing, and just playing around with different settings and by around 7pm (12 hours) it still had 53% life left. I used it heavily the rest of the night and around 11pm it finally dipped to 15%. My previous phone was the HTC Inspire, and I was consistently hitting around 20% by 6-7pm with light to moderate use. It's still not the greatest, and won't be as good as the iphone or a blackberry, but it's more than enough to get through a solid day with normal usage without giving me cause for worry or feeling I need a charger at hand at all times.
    That's weird. It may be something with AT&T handsets always displaying HSPA+ regardless of what is going on. Or you are switching back and forth.
    09-15-2011 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD