Topic: Venting frustration with AT&T

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It has always been that way. *Most* of them are totally clueless. Simply a job for them. Then I think about it, if it is their "job" you'd think they'd know better.

Seems to be that way with most stores that sell any kind of tech, not everyone but there are people that work there just for the paychecks. I always do my own research before hand.

- As for people asking about the GSII, most of the time they have to act like they don't know, its easier then getting into a conversation with the customer, and then get what is on this thread =P

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The reality is...their job is to sell existing product, not phones that may or may not hit the shelves for one to four weeks out. Like it or not, they get paid to sell current, not future product...
Pretend that it is your check on the line and someone that could be a secret shopper walks in asking about future product that you are not too mention and the goal of the day is to sell 15 infuse or 10 thrill 4g...are you gonna talk up the SGS2 or the current line-up?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The reality is...their job is to sell existing product, not phones that may or may not hit the shelves for one to four weeks out. Like it or not, they get paid to sell current, not future product...
Pretend that it is your check on the line and someone that could be a secret shopper walks in asking about future product that you are not too mention and the goal of the day is to sell 15 infuse or 10 thrill 4g...are you gonna talk up the SGS2 or the current line-up?

I understand your point. Maybe in some cases, the salesperson knows the product and are sworn to secrecy.
But...
1. although the salesperson is ok, this does not make ATT look any better. You may make a quick buck, but take care of the customer and you get more in the long haul.

2. This line of reasoning does not explain the salesperson claiming a delay until January due to iPhone lawsuit or claiming all current 4g phones will be LTE ready. ( Both of these statements were given to other forum members.)

Not that any of the other carriers are any different, so I guess it doesnt matter anyway.

themadhatterxxx

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So I write this on my iPhone, which apparently I will still be using for a while since the idiots that run AT&T aren't releasing the Samsung Galaxy S II on the day that the entire online community had predicted.
I went into an AT&T retail store tonight, and when I asked about the GS2 I was met with blank stares. One would think that the people that work for this company would have at least some knowledge of the products they are selling. But no, apparently we, the lowly consumers who keep them in business, know more about their products than they do. One would think that in this economic climate the corporate decision-makers at AT&T would have the sense to release this phone to the market, one of the best-selling cellular phones ever, as soon as possible. But no.
The whole mobile phone industry has become insane. 3G! 4G! LTE! Dual-core! Bigger, better, faster! Release a new phone every other month. IPhone 4...5....6...7. Battery life? An hour.
The biggest laugh I've had recently: seeing all the tablet "accessories" at Best Buy. My favorite: a keyboard for your tablet! You know I think I saw a tablet with an attached keyboard before. It was called a laptop computer.

I agree 100%. I mean what the hell is this crap? It seems like Verizon is getting a new phone released like at least once a month and I go on ATT's upgrade page and every month it's the same few ****ty phones. It makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all to me for there not to be a posted release date for the phone. I'm on an iPhone 3GS that I got from when I first switched to ATT back in Sept. 2009 and I'm so sick of waiting. First I wanted the Atrix which initially ATT nerfed to hell so it got bad reviews, then when they & Motorola finally decided to open up things it was too late and I heard about this Galaxy 2. I been waiting on this damn phone since June. What's the wisdom behind the zero marketing for this phone? The way this is being handled I don't think this is coming out until after a new iPhone which I'm so sick of and I don't want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800