Topic: Venting frustration with AT&T

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So I write this on my iPhone, which apparently I will still be using for a while since the idiots that run AT&T aren't releasing the Samsung Galaxy S II on the day that the entire online community had predicted.
I went into an AT&T retail store tonight, and when I asked about the GS2 I was met with blank stares. One would think that the people that work for this company would have at least some knowledge of the products they are selling. But no, apparently we, the lowly consumers who keep them in business, know more about their products than they do. One would think that in this economic climate the corporate decision-makers at AT&T would have the sense to release this phone to the market, one of the best-selling cellular phones ever, as soon as possible. But no.
The whole mobile phone industry has become insane. 3G! 4G! LTE! Dual-core! Bigger, better, faster! Release a new phone every other month. IPhone 4...5....6...7. Battery life? An hour.
The biggest laugh I've had recently: seeing all the tablet "accessories" at Best Buy. My favorite: a keyboard for your tablet! You know I think I saw a tablet with an attached keyboard before. It was called a laptop computer.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Other than rumors there was never official word when this phone would be released. Don't forget that Sprint seems to have had the possible rights to release it first.

I'm disappointed too but it will come soon. Heck, it might be Samsung holding it up. We just don't know.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I think frustrated is an understatement to what most of us feel right now. Maybe even more so for me because of being in retail. Overlooking over 40 employee's and 7 store managers has given me a better insight on 1 thing: never lose sight on APPRECIATING THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP ME IN BUSINESS!

Am I a salesman? Absolutely. Do I make commission? You betcha. Do I meet my sales quota's every week? Overkill. Why do I mention this? Most people would think that such a company person, like myself, would have lost track of the customers at some point. Not even close. I keep my company happy because MY CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY. I keep my people knowledgeable, courteous, and very aware that these are the people feeding your family, paying your bills. This very "not hard to grasp appreciation" can really drive your business especially in an industry where there is so many options for these people!

On top of that (don't get me wrong, I love my company) we are usually higher priced then most of our competition. So why do I see the same faces over and over again? Why do I get Christmas cards and vacation post cards from people who have briefly met me while I helped them in one of my stores? Because I actually give a rats ass about THEIR interests. I don't see dollar signs above their heads and I don't act like they need me. I grab every customers hand that I meet, shake it, and tell them THANK YOU and that we APPRECIATE THEM more than anything.

I'm sorry to have gone off on this rant, but maybe that's why I'm a little more upset than anything. AT&T provides the best options for my needs in a cellphone. But I'm sick and tired of being treated like we need them. They've lost sight (most of these cellphone companies have) of the golden rule: appreciate the people that keep your ass off the unemployment line. I want to be kept in the LOOP, I don't care how "PR friendly" the reason is. "Oh, so you're holding out on the GSG2 because you don't think it'll sell very well here and want to see how Sprint will do on sales? Sure, no problem. I'm not happy about this but thanks for the honesty so I can stop hoping for this phone soon." On top of that they keep us LOCKED into these contracts for 2 years that cost a reproductive organ to get out of. So even if you are unhappy... LOL, sorry buddy! You're stuck. See you in 2 years.

I'll apologize again for having wasting some of your day here, but again this big business bull**** really gets on my nerves sometimes. The sad part? I'll be heading to the AT&T store in about an hour to check the status on the phone. I hate feeling like this (or any) company has me right where they want me, and can jerk me around to their pleasing.

tl;dr AT&T and big business sucks! Need more customer appreciation!

Reactions: treystegall

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Other than rumors there was never official word when this phone would be released. Don't forget that Sprint seems to have had the possible rights to release it first.

I'm disappointed too but it will come soon. Heck, it might be Samsung holding it up. We just don't know.

Despite how disappointed I am and how irrational I would like to be, this is exactly how I feel about it too.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I am disappointed, but not the end of the world for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure for 99.9% of us, there will be no crying in the fetile position screaming "WHY MA BELL?! WHY?" before bed. Or so we can hope. Think the thread is more for venting than anything because if you tried to "vent" like this to an AT&T stores employee you'd be hauled off in cuffs or a straight jacket... or both if you play your cards right.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
People guessed the 18th because it was said to release "shortly after Sprint's" so they just guessed the next Sunday. Im guessing it'll be a couple weeks. Trust me I am using a 5 year old phone because I sold my atrix so i want the phone to come too, but I think we all just got ahead of ourselves and never waited for at&t to announce the release date (if that day ever comes..)

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
no, people became fixated on the 18th because that was said by i think AC that that is what they were told during the announcement event

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
no, people became fixated on the 18th because that was said by i think AC that that is what they were told during the announcement event

Someone made it up the day of the presser. You really can't blame AT&T at all on this one as they never officially said a word but "coming soon". It is what it is and will hopefully be released soon.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Someone made it up the day of the presser. You really can't blame AT&T at all on this one as they never officially said a word but "coming soon". It is what it is and will hopefully be released soon.

yup, yup... i mean UNLESS they spend a whole bunch of time reading the forums & blogs (and considering their lack of Customer Support & giving the public what it wants" its completely obvious that THEY DON'T) they have/had NO IDEA the frenzy building around this device OR about the gazillion ppl waiting with baited breath to see if it would actually release today.

That is to say, "not shame on them for NOT releasing a phone that got rumored to be released today," but TOTAL shame on them for not being "plugged in" and finding out what their consumers have been thinking and writing about and what they were hoping for since August 31,st (and some even way before )

So here's where i think the blame should be evenly distributed...

33.33% on us for putting stock in unsubstantiated rumors
33.33% on AT&T for not being in touch with the demand for their product
33.33% on ppl who hear gossip and then regurgitate it, "as fact"

k, now, having said the above in a clearly, logical, calm manner with a reasonable attitude, all's thats left to be said is:

"WHENTHE*&^%$#@!CANIGETMYHANDSONTHISDEVICE??!! lol

BTC

Last edited:

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
According to AT&T and Samsung no date was ever spoken.....which I believe is BS, I think AT&T had it set for the 18th but for some reason backed out....love AT&T cause its the best for my needs and the service that I can get in San Antonio, but it is really starting to get on my nerves, not to mention they released LTE coverage today in San Antonio, and there is no LTE phones to try it out, kind of a waist in my eyes......

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Too bad there arent other phone carriers you can use instead of ATT, like Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon, etc....

i know ur being sarcastic but i'll reply anyway : )

Sadly ALL the cell phone carriers come with their own set of mishigas (yiddish term) and there really isn't ONE carrier, with GREAT signal, GREAT Prices, GREAT phones & GREAT Customer Service...

Its like they almost have a weekly meeting and say, "ok, u can HAVE the great this, but WE get the GREAT that...

Sinful, really... lol

BTC

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It's easy to put down the employees for not even knowing what a GSII is. After all, they work in AT&T stores and should be knowledgeable about all things cellular, right?

In reality, most of these reps have come from McJobs and will move on to other McJobs. That's why they have training sessions on how to sell handsets that aren't iPhones to a public that generally wants iPhones. Next year, a couple of them will be trying to sell lawnmowers or ladies' undergarments.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
According to AT&T and Samsung no date was ever spoken.....which I believe is BS, I think AT&T had it set for the 18th but for some reason backed out....

Not really because the day of the presser Sprint announced their date. AT&T simply said "coming soon". Big difference.

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
i personally don't blame att for not releasing today. nope, what i blame att for is not giving us a release date. i think that's really not all that much to ask for instead of this coming soon bull****. i'm pretty sure they know when they're going to release it and i dont see the sense in keeping it some big secret.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am just amazed at how little these "sales people" in the stores know about their phones. I go into Sprint asking about the Galaxy S II a few days before it came out, and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language.

Ask them what phone do they recommend for Android, and they don't even give a flying F!!!, oh this one is good, and point me to the EVO 4G, which is now a dated phone, and sitting right next to EVO-3D and Nexus-S 4G which are better.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I am just amazed at how little these "sales people" in the stores know about their phones. I go into Sprint asking about the Galaxy S II a few days before it came out, and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language.

Ask them what phone do they recommend for Android, and they don't even give a flying F!!!, oh this one is good, and point me to the EVO 4G, which is now a dated phone, and sitting right next to EVO-3D and Nexus-S 4G which are better.

It has always been that way. *Most* of them are totally clueless. Simply a job for them. Then I think about it, if it is their "job" you'd think they'd know better.