09-28-2011 11:47 AM
73 123
tools
    Does anyone know if the AT&T SG2 will be available for pre-order before Oct. 2, from any source? With Sprint, Walmart.com did pre-orders, right? Wirefly.com did too, but they apparently don't carry AT&T.
    With the announcement about a week and a half, we might get some good deals coming from some of the retail outlets.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    09-22-2011 02:57 AM
    hmm i dont understand, are you guys saying that the Galaxy S2 for att will support LET? i thought it was just HSPA+ ? am i missing something?
    09-22-2011 07:11 AM
    I know there isn't any preorders from AT&T directly, I stopped in my local store and he said it was first come first serve.
    09-22-2011 08:33 AM
    Even more reason for me to be there at 11am Sunday morning.
    09-22-2011 10:37 AM
    hmm i dont understand, are you guys saying that the Galaxy S2 for att will support LET? i thought it was just HSPA+ ? am i missing something?
    No, the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II phone is not LTE. It will use the HSPA+. AT&T's "4G" at the moment till they have their LTE set up next year. I rather have HSPA+ anyway since LTE is a battery drain.
    09-22-2011 10:39 AM
    I figure I'll give Costco a call and make sure that they are going to have them and then will go wait for them to open. I'm not sure if they will let you reserve one or not, if so I'll definitely be doing that.
    09-22-2011 10:40 AM
    Yesssssssssss! Finally!
    09-22-2011 01:22 PM
    I figure I'll give Costco a call and make sure that they are going to have them and then will go wait for them to open. I'm not sure if they will let you reserve one or not, if so I'll definitely be doing that.
    Why? Sad to say but this is not the iPhone. You will be able to walk in any Att dealer and get this phone. Just like when it came out on Sprint. Im glad of that though. That way I can get 2 that Sunday afternoon and be back home to watch all the football games.
    09-22-2011 01:39 PM
    Why? Sad to say but this is not the iPhone. You will be able to walk in any Att dealer and get this phone. Just like when it came out on Sprint. Im glad of that though. That way I can get 2 that Sunday afternoon and be back home to watch all the football games.
    I agree but I'm also pretty sure that I read some post about people not being able to find the Sprint version because the store only got a couple of them.

It would really **** me off if I don't get one cause they only got two of the phones in stock for release.
    09-22-2011 02:01 PM
    I agree but I'm also pretty sure that I read some post about people not being able to find the Sprint version because the store only got a couple of them.

It would really **** me off if I don't get one cause they only got two of the phones in stock for release.
    As far as I know, AT&T stores get shipments of phones every day of the week except Sunday. That's from a manager's mouth. I know it would suck to not get one the day it came out, but like someone said it's not an iPhone. You could have someone put your name on the next one that comes on Monday and have them call you to pick it up. Samsung pays them good money to sell their phones. I'm sure they'd love the guaranteed sale.
    09-22-2011 03:17 PM
    Well I do know that only the Best Buys that did more than average Sprint sells got the Galaxy S2 on launch day. I was told that by the wireless sales guy.
    09-22-2011 05:40 PM
    Well I do know that only the Best Buys that did more than average Sprint sells got the Galaxy S2 on launch day. I was told that by the wireless sales guy.
    I was told something similar. Wasn't the Sprint sales, they just sent the SGS2's to their top 300 or 400 grossing stores. Best Buy Mobile manager told me that on release day.
    09-22-2011 09:51 PM
    Thanks so that sucks, I can;t have both the Galaxy S2 and iPhoen5 on the same phone # and just switch back and forth ?
    Yes. You can. I have done this with iPhone 4 and BlackBerry 9810 and I have done this with iPhone 4 and an Android (Samsung Captivate).

1) Get your iPhone. It has a micro sim. You will be on an iPhone plan.
    2) Buy a micro sim adapter on Amazon for $2.
    3) On your iPhone browser, go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone. Creat a profile with ATT as your carrier (its easy to do). What does this do? Now you can use your iPhone even if you are on a BlackBerry plan or a regular (Android) data plan. It will put an icon on your iPhone so don't be suprised to see it there, but you never have to use it so feel free to hide it in a folder somewhere.
    4) Go get your Android. Tell your rep you want it activated with your micro sim (don't forget your sim adapter!). My local reps do this for me with no problem. You are the customer, after all.
    5) Now you will be put on a regular data plan (for Android phones). However, since you unlocked your iPhone APN, you can move your sim (with the aid of your sim adapter) between the two phones.

Now, the only thing that can ruin this is if the SGS2 requires a "4G" sim and the iPhone 5 does not. Then I would simply get the SGS2 with its 4G sim and use a sim cutter (Yay, Amazon!) to cut it down to fit into the iPhone rather than using the micro sim that comes with the iPhone. I'm GUESSING this would work just fine but you will still only get 3G on the iPhone if it is not 4G capable, of course. I've only switched back and forth between two 3G capable phones so I have no experience switching between one that is 3G capable and one that is 4G capable.

Good luck!

Edit: I must correct myself. The 9810 actually WAS a "4G" device. I was using my 3G micro sim in it, however.
    09-22-2011 11:34 PM
    I currently have a iPhone 4 and have been waiting for the S2 in order to try a Android device. I still have my standard sim card from my 3Gs, can I use that and keep my micro sim in my iP4 to utilize one or the other?
    09-27-2011 09:58 PM
    I currently have a iPhone 4 and have been waiting for the S2 in order to try a Android device. I still have my standard sim card from my 3Gs, can I use that and keep my micro sim in my iP4 to utilize one or the other?
    Nah, you can only have one active sim at once.
    09-27-2011 10:10 PM
    Nah, you can only have one active sim at once.

Gotcha.

My plan is to pick up the S2 off contract on Sunday. Put that through a good test, wait to hear what's coming Oct 4th with the iP4s or iP5 (whatever they're going to call it), if it's not a upgrade over the current 4 and I like the S2, I stick with it.

I've downloaded Kies for Mac OS x Lion, imported my photos and music to Kies from iTunes. Figure att can do my contacts.
    09-27-2011 10:55 PM
    Gotcha.

My plan is to pick up the S2 off contract on Sunday. Put that through a good test, wait to hear what's coming Oct 4th with the iP4s or iP5 (whatever they're going to call it), if it's not a upgrade over the current 4 and I like the S2, I stick with it.

I've downloaded Kies for Mac OS x Lion, imported my photos and music to Kies from iTunes. Figure att can do my contacts.
    Export your contacts to your gmail and your all set. If you don't have one, you'll need one for Android.
    09-28-2011 01:15 AM
    I don't care about the sales. As long as I can get my hands on it.
    Lol, ditto

Sent from my Inspire
    09-28-2011 02:13 AM
    Export your contacts to your gmail and your all set. If you don't have one, you'll need one for Android.

Been using gmail for years. After I posted that it dawned on me that I can export my address book vcard to google, which I did.
    09-28-2011 08:50 AM
    Been using gmail for years. After I posted that it dawned on me that I can export my address book vcard to google, which I did.
    What is the easiest way to export the Iphone address book so that I can import it to Gmail?
    09-28-2011 09:08 AM
    What is the easiest way to export the Iphone address book so that I can import it to Gmail?

Sync your phone to itunes, make sure the Sync contacts box is checked under the info tab, if your phone doesn't sync the contacts go into your phone settings, under mail and turn off contacts under mobileMe, then resync. Now go into address book, highlight all the contacts and export that vcard to your documents (save the file name to whatever, it defaults to vCard). Go into gmail, contacts, from the "more" drop down select import and the file you designated as the vcard from the export you did. Your contacts and all info should appear.
    09-28-2011 09:50 AM
    Sync your phone to itunes, make sure the Sync contacts box is checked under the info tab, if your phone doesn't sync the contacts go into your phone settings, under mail and turn off contacts under mobileMe, then resync. Now go into address book, highlight all the contacts and export that vcard to your documents (save the file name to whatever, it defaults to vCard). Go into gmail, contacts, from the "more" drop down select import and the file you designated as the vcard from the export you did. Your contacts and all info should appear.
    Easy enough, thanks for the info.
    09-28-2011 10:05 AM
    Easy enough, thanks for the info.
    You can also just add your gmail to the sync option in address book, and it'll automatically update all of your contacts.
    09-28-2011 11:47 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD