October 2 Confirmed

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes the AT&T Galaxy S II does have the SIM card, but you will not be able to simply transfer it to an iPhone 4 of 5 for that matter since Apple loves to change things around. The SIM card on these phones are smaller. You can cut it to accept it in the iPhone, just search Youtube on how to do it, but you will not be able to put it back on the SGSII because it will be small.

Thanks so that sucks, I can;t have both the Galaxy S2 and iPhoen5 on the same phone # and just switch back and forth ?

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Different data plans and the iphone 4 before used a micro sim. You can get an adapter but a hassel. Also if you are not already you need to be changed to hspa+ data plan for 4g phones for

Will this cause one to lose their unlimited data plan? When I priced it out online, there was no options for 4g or any extra charge for 4g (unlike sprint). When I spoke to the retention rep they also confirmed there was no extra charge or need to change my plan.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to try Android again it's just not as good as what Apple offers. Sure for now, Android does more but Apple just works. If my iPhone messes up, I drive to Apple, they check it and if they can't fix they hand me a new iPhone. All this in less than maybe 30mins. I'm so used to that. Not that iPhone is perfect but they take care of you. If any Android phone messes up, you call the carrier or the manufacture. If you have warranty, you gotta ship your phone off and and whole other bunch of BS. Then they still may not fix it. Some iPhones do have problems been the repair or exchange is soo much easier. I can't drive to Samaungs and exchange my wife's Infuse. Everytime ive been to the Apple store I've left satified. No middle man names At&T or Verizon. Saying all this. I can't wait to weigh the iPhone 5 against this and make a decision soon.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so that sucks, I can;t have both the Galaxy S2 and iPhoen5 on the same phone # and just switch back and forth ?

You can. iPhones use micro SIM card while other phones use regular SIM card. There are adaptor kits sold on line that let you:

1. Trim the regular SIM into micro SIM
2. Offer a plastic hoder to fit micro SIM back into regular SIM slots.

So, you can have it both ways.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to try Android again it's just not as good as what Apple offers. Sure for now, Android does more but Apple just works. If my iPhone messes up, I drive to Apple, they check it and if they can't fix they hand me a new iPhone. All this in less than maybe 30mins. I'm so used to that. Not that iPhone is perfect but they take care of you. If any Android phone messes up, you call the carrier or the manufacture. If you have warranty, you gotta ship your phone off and and whole other bunch of BS. Then they still may not fix it. Some iPhones do have problems been the repair or exchange is soo much easier. I can't drive to Samaungs and exchange my wife's Infuse. Everytime ive been to the Apple store I've left satified. No middle man names At&T or Verizon. Saying all this. I can't wait to weigh the iPhone 5 against this and make a decision soon.

If you are lucky enough to have an AT&T Device Center nearby, you can also drive over there and exchange your defective non-Apple phone in 5 minutes. There is no repair attempts. All they do is exchange with a refurb phone.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
If you are lucky enough to have an AT&T Device Center nearby, you can also drive over there and exchange your defective non-Apple phone in 5 minutes. There is no repair attempts. All they do is exchange with a refurb phone.

yep. i had problems with my atrix and i brought it to the device support center. no questions asked, i took out the micro sd, sim, and battery (my battery was outstanding on that phone) and they gave me a new one. cleaned up so well it still had the plastic on the sides and screen. looked like he opened a new box and just took the phone out and gave it to me. great experience.

having said that I cant WAIT for this to come out :). Heres to months of waiting and finally being able to get what we all want. 12 days and counting!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Will this cause one to lose their unlimited data plan? When I priced it out online, there was no options for 4g or any extra charge for 4g (unlike sprint). When I spoke to the retention rep they also confirmed there was no extra charge or need to change my plan.

No. You will still be unlimited data if you have it now. They just switch something in how the data plan is provisioned. Make sure they understand that you are not trying to get LTE. There is some confusion at ATT right now with 3g, 4g and LTE. My understanding is there will not be unlimited LTE plans available once they get the phones. If you currently have unlimited data you will lose that if you go to LTE. At least that is what the manager of the store told me when she switched my plan to the "4g" plan for my Atrix.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
good find jemcmichael

but damn....with the Apple announcement on the 4th, this sort of delay will definitely affect the sale of this phone.

Which is a GOOD thing, considering the next 11 days are going to seem like the longest in history, it'd be sheer he11 if it FINALLY got here and i couldn't get my hands on one...lol

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So am I allowed to keep my unlimited data plan switching from iPhone to a SGSII?

Yes although you are switched to a different unlimited smartphone plan I believe. It is still the same price but for some reason iphone has a different plan. Android and blackberry is the same plan and you can easily switch the sim cards back and forth if you want.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone thinking of paying cash for the SGSII and using their upgrade for an iphone and then selling it? I believe you could sell a new iphone for more that $500? What I do not know is if the ATT store will just let you buy the iphone and walk out without seeting it up on your account if you use your upgrade. Anyone know? Just a thought...

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Not true - insurance is one way after the first 30 days and then there are carrier based warranty exchange centers in EVERY major market. Walk in with a broke phone and walk out with a working refurb. Depending on the phone, the certified refurbs are even better than new out of the box devices.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes although you are switched to a different unlimited smartphone plan I believe. It is still the same price but for some reason iphone has a different plan. Android and blackberry is the same plan and you can easily switch the sim cards back and forth if you want.

Not true. There are unlimited plans for the iPhone, BlackBerry and all other smartphones. They are all different. If you have any unlimited plan you can still get an unlimited plan for whatever phone you switch to. If you ever cancel unlimited data on any of them and switch to say the 4GB with Tethering plan, you will not be allowed to switch back to the unlimited plan.

Safe thing to do is ensure you are on the correct plan before you leave the store.

Anyone thinking of paying cash for the SGSII and using their upgrade for an iphone and then selling it? I believe you could sell a new iphone for more that $500? What I do not know is if the ATT store will just let you buy the iphone and walk out without seeting it up on your account if you use your upgrade. Anyone know? Just a thought...

Every phone has a no contract price. Just tell them you will call 611 later and make the necessary changes. On launch day the stores may be reluctant to sell the phone outright.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci