October 2 Confirmed

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I do know that only the Best Buys that did more than average Sprint sells got the Galaxy S2 on launch day. I was told that by the wireless sales guy.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I do know that only the Best Buys that did more than average Sprint sells got the Galaxy S2 on launch day. I was told that by the wireless sales guy.

I was told something similar. Wasn't the Sprint sales, they just sent the SGS2's to their top 300 or 400 grossing stores. Best Buy Mobile manager told me that on release day.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so that sucks, I can;t have both the Galaxy S2 and iPhoen5 on the same phone # and just switch back and forth ?

Yes. You can. I have done this with iPhone 4 and BlackBerry 9810 and I have done this with iPhone 4 and an Android (Samsung Captivate).

1) Get your iPhone. It has a micro sim. You will be on an iPhone plan.
2) Buy a micro sim adapter on Amazon for $2.
3) On your iPhone browser, go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone. Creat a profile with ATT as your carrier (its easy to do). What does this do? Now you can use your iPhone even if you are on a BlackBerry plan or a regular (Android) data plan. It will put an icon on your iPhone so don't be suprised to see it there, but you never have to use it so feel free to hide it in a folder somewhere.
4) Go get your Android. Tell your rep you want it activated with your micro sim (don't forget your sim adapter!). My local reps do this for me with no problem. You are the customer, after all.
5) Now you will be put on a regular data plan (for Android phones). However, since you unlocked your iPhone APN, you can move your sim (with the aid of your sim adapter) between the two phones.

Now, the only thing that can ruin this is if the SGS2 requires a "4G" sim and the iPhone 5 does not. Then I would simply get the SGS2 with its 4G sim and use a sim cutter (Yay, Amazon!) to cut it down to fit into the iPhone rather than using the micro sim that comes with the iPhone. I'm GUESSING this would work just fine but you will still only get 3G on the iPhone if it is not 4G capable, of course. I've only switched back and forth between two 3G capable phones so I have no experience switching between one that is 3G capable and one that is 4G capable.

Good luck!

Edit: I must correct myself. The 9810 actually WAS a "4G" device. I was using my 3G micro sim in it, however.

Last edited:

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a iPhone 4 and have been waiting for the S2 in order to try a Android device. I still have my standard sim card from my 3Gs, can I use that and keep my micro sim in my iP4 to utilize one or the other?

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a iPhone 4 and have been waiting for the S2 in order to try a Android device. I still have my standard sim card from my 3Gs, can I use that and keep my micro sim in my iP4 to utilize one or the other?

Nah, you can only have one active sim at once.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Nah, you can only have one active sim at once.

Gotcha.

My plan is to pick up the S2 off contract on Sunday. Put that through a good test, wait to hear what's coming Oct 4th with the iP4s or iP5 (whatever they're going to call it), if it's not a upgrade over the current 4 and I like the S2, I stick with it.

I've downloaded Kies for Mac OS x Lion, imported my photos and music to Kies from iTunes. Figure att can do my contacts. :D

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha.

My plan is to pick up the S2 off contract on Sunday. Put that through a good test, wait to hear what's coming Oct 4th with the iP4s or iP5 (whatever they're going to call it), if it's not a upgrade over the current 4 and I like the S2, I stick with it.

I've downloaded Kies for Mac OS x Lion, imported my photos and music to Kies from iTunes. Figure att can do my contacts. :D

Export your contacts to your gmail and your all set. If you don't have one, you'll need one for Android.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What is the easiest way to export the Iphone address book so that I can import it to Gmail?

Sync your phone to itunes, make sure the Sync contacts box is checked under the info tab, if your phone doesn't sync the contacts go into your phone settings, under mail and turn off contacts under mobileMe, then resync. Now go into address book, highlight all the contacts and export that vcard to your documents (save the file name to whatever, it defaults to vCard). Go into gmail, contacts, from the "more" drop down select import and the file you designated as the vcard from the export you did. Your contacts and all info should appear.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sync your phone to itunes, make sure the Sync contacts box is checked under the info tab, if your phone doesn't sync the contacts go into your phone settings, under mail and turn off contacts under mobileMe, then resync. Now go into address book, highlight all the contacts and export that vcard to your documents (save the file name to whatever, it defaults to vCard). Go into gmail, contacts, from the "more" drop down select import and the file you designated as the vcard from the export you did. Your contacts and all info should appear.

Easy enough, thanks for the info.