09-30-2011 11:46 AM
32 12
tools
    Will this thing have visual VM?
    I hope so, but from what I can tell, no. I have an iPhone right now, and from what I've researched, AT&T Android phone don't have visual voicemail. I plan on using google talk to get that feature though. :/
    09-30-2011 12:57 AM
    The AT&T version has the NFC chip and unless I miss my guess, data is pretty strong, have traveled in a few cities and never had a problem with cell service or data service.
    Yes it will HAVE the chip, but its anyone's guess if AT&T will enable its functionality until down the line if AT ALL... As of launch there are no apps that come with the phone to utilize the chip, and i have read AT&T is in direct confict with Google Wallet so that feature can be sucked up by AT&T's somewhat "dictortorial ways"... (They aren't as bad as Verizon, and as of late they are allowing "uninstallation of their bloatware AND allowing the installation of 3rd party apps" so who knows, mayne they will release a software update for NFC".... But from all i am reading, that may be a long time away. If you know this in advance, it might not be as big a disappointment : )

BTC
    09-30-2011 05:08 AM
    I hope so, but from what I can tell, no. I have an iPhone right now, and from what I've researched, AT&T Android phone don't have visual voicemail. I plan on using google talk to get that feature though. :/

That sucks.
    09-30-2011 08:56 AM
    Like he said though, you can use Google Talk if you set it up, its pretty cool how it transcribes it for you.
    09-30-2011 09:01 AM
    Yes it will HAVE the chip, but its anyone's guess if AT&T will enable its functionality until down the line if AT ALL... As of launch there are no apps that come with the phone to utilize the chip, and i have read AT&T is in direct confict with Google Wallet so that feature can be sucked up by AT&T's somewhat "dictortorial ways"... (They aren't as bad as Verizon, and as of late they are allowing "uninstallation of their bloatware AND allowing the installation of 3rd party apps" so who knows, mayne they will release a software update for NFC".... But from all i am reading, that may be a long time away. If you know this in advance, it might not be as big a disappointment : )

BTC
    I might just wait for an unlocked Nexus Prime if AT&T is going to pull stuff like what you are referring to them doing with the Google Wallet functionality.
    09-30-2011 09:39 AM
    You do what you want, but you also need to realize that as of right now Sprint is the only carrier that had Google Wallet last time I checked. Even those people using a Nexus S with T-Mobile can't use GW even though they too have the NFC chip in their phone. AT&T has teamed up with T-Mo for something called ISIS, whatever that may mean.
    09-30-2011 09:44 AM
    I think ISIS is going to win this standard. There is a lot of backing from both the Carriers and phone companies. All except Sprint.

http://www.androidcentral.com/isis-n...-manufacturers
    09-30-2011 11:46 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD