What Feature(s) Are You Most Looking Forward To?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
For me, i can't WAIT to get my hands on that Video editing software within the Camera Ap. I was always taking videos of my cats,with The Vibrant which talk awesome 720p video, but by the time they actually "do something cute & adorable" the video is wayyyy tooo long and i'm too lazy to edit it on my PC. This will be a GREAT aid in adding their videos to their youtube channel : )

LilBoPeepAndEskimo's Channel - YouTube

Of course the SuperAMOLED Plus will be even better than The Vibrant's i had, so i 'cited about that, and the speed will be great, love the 1GB of RAM, the size will be perfect, had the Infuse for a week, and when it was switched off, it just was a tad too big (when it was "on" it was easy to live with tho...lol

And lastly i have my fingers crossed AT&T will not disable NFC chip, read some rumors they might, i've been noticing Speed Pass terminals all around my neighborhood, so i'm really pysched to try that out....

1080p camera ain't gonna be hard to love neither : )

BTC

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Great choices, also Media Hub, All Share, will love using the Voice Control, Kies Air, take that itunes, the Photo Editor, my wife will love that one, and Social Hub to get everything all together, now that I am digging Google +. Can't wait!! :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
as a former captivate owner, a spot on fast GPS so I can actually use the Navigation with google maps...although my Atrix is superb there. 8 megapixel camera with flash, wireless sync with Kies on the computer. Super AMOLED plus screen! I would love to get into Goggle Wallet so NFC as well! And a very simple way to do a screen shot without rooting etc!

I just hope this phone gets supported with updates. I may keep my Atrix just for the updates. It has been updated 4 times already since launch. Now with Google acquiring Moto Mobility I hope the support stay the same or gets better. Some blame Samsung, some blame ATT, I just hope it get updated with ICS within 6 months.

Last edited:

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I think for Samsung's part, they are doing a good job in releasing the kernel almost 2 weeks before the launch. Now it's up to AT&T to send the updates. I'm more worried about AT&T.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
3. NOT having an iPhone

amenbrother.jpg

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If I had to choose one thing about it, I'd have to go with the screen. Perfect size and the contrast on these screens is amazing.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there any "stock" vanilla Android features on this phone ? I mainly use the standard News and Weather Widgets, hopefully those are on the phone, not some TouchWiz version either.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

all good features y'all...

For me, i cannot WAIT to see if NFC feature will be enabled
To see IF the .02 inches will make the fonts crisper than they were on my Infuse
Cannot WAIT to play with that Camera AND Camcorder
Love the brightness controls being able to be slid right to left right from the Notification bar
Can't wait to see if i can change the font without Root (My Samsung Vibrant AND Infuse had that feature- fingers crossed : )

BTC

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there any "stock" vanilla Android features on this phone ? I mainly use the standard News and Weather Widgets, hopefully those are on the phone, not some TouchWiz version either.

I just saw on a video yesterday that there are options to change the profile. The phone was the Epic Touch 4g though but when he left Sprint profile (basic touchwiz 4.0 we've been seeing), he chose the stock profile and it had the Vanilla look to it with the app tray in the middle at the bottom with call on the left sIde of that and something else on the other, also with the page dots on both sides of these shortcuts. When you hit the app tray it pulled up the vertical apps except it didn't have the waterfall effect. All just like the vanilla experience, if that's close enough (without rooting of course) .

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just saw on a video yesterday that there are options to change the profile. The phone was the Epic Touch 4g though but when he left Sprint profile (basic touchwiz 4.0 we've been seeing), he chose the stock profile and it had the Vanilla look to it with the app tray in the middle at the bottom with call on the left sIde of that and something else on the other, also with the page dots on both sides of these shortcuts. When you hit the app tray it pulled up the vertical apps except it didn't have the waterfall effect. All just like the vanilla experience, if that's close enough (without rooting of course) .

do u have the link to that video? i think i've watched them all tons of time but never saw that...

ty!

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
do u have the link to that video? i think i've watched them all tons of time but never saw that...

ty!

Sure do. It's at 4:20 of the video lol. No joke intended but smirk-worthy :p Bowman does some really good phone reviews too FYI. Very in depth.
Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review - BWOne.com - YouTube
I watched it again and it's under "sprint Id's". I'm not sure if AT&T has an "ID" section for their galaxy s2.... but yeah, the setting is under there.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sure do. It's at 4:20 of the video lol. No joke intended but smirk-worthy :p Bowman does some really good phone reviews too FYI. Very in depth.
Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review - BWOne.com - YouTube
I watched it again and it's under "sprint Id's". I'm not sure if AT&T has an "ID" section for their galaxy s2.... but yeah, the setting is under there.

Ty!

That is the BEST review i have seen yet! Makes me actually consider the Sprint Version... lol ty! (Staying w/ Sprint i get a 15.00 a month cheaper bill, UNLIMITED data, Sprint ID, FREE visual voice mail and UNINSTALLABLE bloatware apps...ohhhh yeah! AND a notification light : )Of all the carriers, Sprint is the least dictoratorial...BUT, with AT&T, i'd have to give up my NFC chip and decent data coverage, and a smidge smaller unit, ughhhhh what to do, what to do? !

BTC

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ty!

That is the BEST review i have seen yet! Makes me actually consider the Sprint Version... lol ty! (Staying w/ Sprint i get a 15.00 a month cheaper bill, UNLIMITED data, Sprint ID, FREE visual voice mail and UNINSTALLABLE bloatware apps...ohhhh yeah! AND a notification light : )Of all the carriers, Sprint is the least dictoratorial...BUT, with AT&T, i'd have to give up my NFC chip and decent data coverage, and a smidge smaller unit, ughhhhh what to do, what to do? !

BTC

Use the return policy like I did.

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The AT&T version has the NFC chip and unless I miss my guess, data is pretty strong, have traveled in a few cities and never had a problem with cell service or data service.

QuarkZ26

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ty!

BTC

Once you see the speed you get with sprint you'll regret you went there. I too considered switching and i too love the bigger phone and all that, until i googled "sprint data speed"...

I'm in Louisiana but i can tell you that Texas users are not served better apparently. And when i say it's slow i do mean slow, even in the big towns...

So yeah they might be cheaper and have their unlimited data plan but then again you realize why they do.

I guess you can try and get the phone there and try it out beforehand, and if it sucks just return it. But quite frankly, if you travel you'll be sorry.

And to answer to the topic, I've got an iPhone 3GS, the feature i'm most looking forward to is to have a real smartphone.
I'm tired of jailbreaking, i'm sick of itunes and i can't stand apple anymore (not that i ever liked them anyway, i bought an iphone because my wife wanted one and verizon was asking for a deposit when i went to get a droid)

So in case you didn't get it... I CAN'T ****ING WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton