10-01-2011 03:16 PM
86 1234
tools
    Just ordered my SGSII from Best Buy! I'm a little disheartened that the receipt says the expected date is 10/12/11, but I'm hoping that's just a placeholder in their computer system. They told me I was only the second person to preorder in their store.

I better get my SGSII on the 2nd, dangit! Worst case is I'll try to get it from a local AT&T store (I can't be there when they open Sunday, thus my desire to preorder) and just save my $50 at BB for accessories or something.

One more week!
    09-24-2011 08:40 PM
    Just ordered my SGSII from Best Buy! I'm a little disheartened that the receipt says the expected date is 10/12/11, but I'm hoping that's just a placeholder in their computer system. They told me I was only the second person to preorder in their store.

I better get my SGSII on the 2nd, dangit! Worst case is I'll try to get it from a local AT&T store (I can't be there when they open Sunday, thus my desire to preorder) and just save my $50 at BB for accessories or something.

One more week!
    The Sprint SGS2 was only released in Best Buy's top 300 grossing stores. So unless you live in a high tourist area or in an extremely populated city then the 12th is probably pretty accurate. AT&T store is your best bet. Just show up at open on the 2nd. I bet you 10 bucks you'll walk away with one.
    09-24-2011 09:05 PM
    That extra 2 weeks should be enough time to manufacture plenty!!
    09-24-2011 09:34 PM
    So unless you live in a high tourist area or in an extremely populated city
    Negative and negative. Great.
    09-24-2011 09:56 PM
    Well, I stopped by my local AT&T store today just to make sure they wouldn't take my name and hold me one. He didn't even know it was coming out next Sunday but somehow seemed confident they would have enough in stock. I guess I will just have to be there at 12.
    09-24-2011 10:43 PM
    Negative and negative. Great.
    I'm sorry bud! Didn't mean to come off as a pessimist. I'd rather just be straight with you then have you sit at that Best Buy and hope for them to have it. I'd go with your plan B: Use the $50 bucks at Best Buy for accessories.
    09-24-2011 11:22 PM
    I just ordered mine at BB. The guy showed me the screen and it said October 2. Then he printed the receipt and it says 10/12! I don't know if that's a glitch or what but if I have to wait until the 12th, no big deal.
    09-25-2011 02:10 AM
    If it doesn't come out on Oct 2nd I'm not even buying it anymore.

No bull****
    09-25-2011 02:31 AM
    I just ordered mine at BB. The guy showed me the screen and it said October 2. Then he printed the receipt and it says 10/12! I don't know if that's a glitch or what but if I have to wait until the 12th, no big deal.
    I figure Best Buy won't get the phone right away. I wouldn't doubt that Samsung has low stock because of issues with Apple suing them for anything and everything atm, so I would expect AT&T to be the sole provider of this phone for the first week and a half or so, just to see how many will sell or even sell at all. I agree with earlier posts about the iPhone 5. Even if it is released and it looks like the 4, but has a few hardware adjustments, everyone will flock to get the phone, its an addiction. I stood in like for 6 hours to get mine last year.....I know first hand that people will do anything to get the new iPhone, sad really.
    09-25-2011 07:56 AM
    I'm hoping my Best Buy will have my phone on launch day, but, if not, it looks like the $50 deposit is actually refundable (which kind of defeats the purpose of a deposit lol) I saw this in reference to iPhone 4 preorders:

If I have canceled my pre-order and want Best Buy to refund the gift card associated with it, can I?

If the gift card has not been used and you are in possession of the original receipt, yes. The purchase of a pre-sale gift card falls under our standard return & exchange policy...
    09-25-2011 10:53 AM
    Someone from Best Buy mobile just left me a voicemail confirming that they will have the phone on the 2nd despite the fact that my preorder receipt says the 12th. Apparently there was some mix up in their system. They also set up a meeting time with me for next Sunday morning and the phone should be waiting!

Oh, and the $50 deposit is completely refundable if you end up getting the phone elsewhere.
    09-25-2011 11:32 AM
    Someone from Best Buy mobile just left me a voicemail confirming that they will have the phone on the 2nd despite the fact that my preorder receipt says the 12th. Apparently there was some mix up in their system. They also set up a meeting time with me for next Sunday morning and the phone should be waiting!

Oh, and the $50 deposit is completely refundable if you end up getting the phone elsewhere.
    Now, this post is full of good news. I'm awaiting a call back from my BB to see if it is a similar situation for me. They did mention something at the store about the deposit being refundable, which I didn't quite believe at the time, since the guys taking my preorder seemed pretty clueless. Thrilled to hear they were right.
    09-25-2011 02:06 PM
    Well I did the deed. I just pre-ordered my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II from Best Buy mobile store at the mall. I just popped in there looking to see if they had the accessories ahead of time and was asked if I would like to pre-order. Thought it for a second, asked when they were going to receive it, and said yes. I'll be getting it next Sunday without worrying about supply, though I really doubt that will be a problem. Counting the days now, not weeks, or months. Can't wait.
    09-25-2011 07:01 PM
    I went in to my best buy, they were clueless. They didn't even want to mess with a preorder.
    Told me to call after wednesday, they would have the phone by then they say.
    Not going to beg them to take my money!
    09-25-2011 07:30 PM
    Just got an email from my BB store saying they are not getting the GSII until the 12th. Guess I'll be hitting up the ATT corp store(s) after church, though it will be a few hours after opening before I can get there.
    09-28-2011 03:02 PM
    Just got an email from my BB store saying they are not getting the GSII until the 12th. Guess I'll be hitting up the ATT corp store(s) after church, though it will be a few hours after opening before I can get there.
    That sucks, I pre-ordered Monday night.

I haven't gotten an email from them since then but I plan on going to Costco before I go to Best Buy on Sunday anyways so that I can just get it from Costco if they have it since they have the 90 day return policy.
    09-28-2011 03:05 PM
    What exactly did the email say? The new ordering system for phones sends an automated email instead of the old way of doing it (store calling the customer). The in stock date is the 2nd and all of the warehouses have the phone already. The 12th was just an error in the system. I can guarantee that it'll be there on the 2nd.
    09-28-2011 04:24 PM
    What exactly did the email say? The new ordering system for phones sends an automated email instead of the old way of doing it (store calling the customer). The in stock date is the 2nd and all of the warehouses have the phone already. The 12th was just an error in the system. I can guarantee that it'll be there on the 2nd.
    It was actually just a response email to one I had sent to the store asking if they were definitely going to have it on the 2nd or not. Here is what he said:

beandoc,

We will not have the Galaxy S II on the 2nd. Our tentative launch date is Oct 12. Regardless of where you choose to buy your new phone (we hope it's with Best Buy!) just keep in mind that at AT&T Retail stores, you are going to have a mail-in rebate, which will in fact cost you more for that device compared to our instant rebates here. Also by pre-ordering, you are guaranteed one of the first ones we get. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks,

Best Buy Mobile Manager - Store ***
    09-28-2011 04:55 PM
    Hey just wanted to give everyone a heads up about bestbuy and the Galaxy S 2 phone. Most likely they will have them in.

The reason I say this is because, when the sprint version came out (which I currently have) I stopped by one Bestbuy store and one Bestbuy Mobile Store two days before they were released and was told that they weren't selling the Epic Touch. There was also a thread over at XDA where people were posting their local bestbuy store numbers and this guy that apparently worked at a bestbuy was looking up the store and checking their inventory for the Epic Touch. When he checked my bestbuy store and bestbuy mobile in my area, he replied back to me that they didn't have them in and weren't selling them. So I went to sprint on launch day and got one from them.

However, after I got off work (on launch day) I stopped by both bestbuy's and bestbuy mobile and both of them had the Epic Touch in stock and were selling them.

As it got closer to the release date of the phone, whenever I stopped by bestbuy...they acted like they knew nothing about the phone whatsoever.

So just because they don't know about it or they tell you that they're not selling them, don't believe them. Just stop by and check for yourself.
    mpazevedo likes this.
    09-28-2011 05:00 PM
    It was actually just a response email to one I had sent to the store asking if they were definitely going to have it on the 2nd or not. Here is what he said:

beandoc,

We will not have the Galaxy S II on the 2nd. Our tentative launch date is Oct 12. Regardless of where you choose to buy your new phone (we hope it's with Best Buy!) just keep in mind that at AT&T Retail stores, you are going to have a mail-in rebate, which will in fact cost you more for that device compared to our instant rebates here. Also by pre-ordering, you are guaranteed one of the first ones we get. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks,

What's the store number for this store? I will check the specifics for release date for them. It might be like the sprint version, where not all best buy stores will have them immediately, but if you give me the store number I will definitely check it out.
    09-28-2011 05:06 PM
    What's the store number for this store? I will check the specifics for release date for them. It might be like the sprint version, where not all best buy stores will have them immediately, but if you give me the store number I will definitely check it out.
    832 in Morgantown, WV
    09-28-2011 05:15 PM
    Has any other outlet — media or retail — alluded to a mail-in rebate for the GSII?
    09-28-2011 05:19 PM

beandoc,

Thanks,

This is the first I've heard of a rebate. Is this true?
    09-28-2011 05:40 PM
    This is the first I've heard of a rebate. Is this true?
    If I had to guess, I'd say that the guy who emailed me is probably making up that story to try and keep me as a customer. I would take it as a generalization, not fact.
    09-28-2011 05:43 PM
    If I had to guess, I'd say that the guy who emailed me is probably making up that story to try and keep me as a customer. I would take it as a generalization, not fact.
    Usually he'd be right, since Best Buy doesn't make you do mail-in rebates. But in this particular scenario, he's wrong since the phone will be $199.99 on contract. IF Best Buy decides to do the phone for $99 (kind of like Walmart did with the ET4G) then he would be correct.

I bought my girlfriends Inspire 4G for $30 bucks at radioshack, or something ridiculous like that when AT&T had it for $150.
    09-28-2011 05:48 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD