Pre-order info.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anything yet, what is a little weird is the fact that I signed up on the AT&T page for more info about the phone but even though it has been announced I still haven't gotten an email from AT&T.

Man, I was thinking the same thing about the AT&T page. We'll make a pact, once someone finds pre-order info will post it here :D

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the only sites that did pre-orders for Sprint's GS2 were walmart.com and wirefly.com. Wirefly doesn't carry AT&T phones for some reason, so walmart.com might be the only option. Bestbuy.com is doing a pre-sale for a Samsung tablet, so that could be a possibility. But given AT&T's track record in getting this phone out, I have a feeling it will make its first appearance on Oct. 2 at att.com and AT&T's retail stores. (I signed up for updates on that "Coming soon" page as well and haven't received any emails. Thanks AT&T!)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the phone will sell out. General Population is waiting on the iPhone 5 ... I don't think you will have a issue walking in and picking one up.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the phone will sell out. General Population is waiting on the iPhone 5 ... I don't think you will have a issue walking in and picking one up.

It won't "SELL OUT" like not available for weeks like the iPhone does, but it will certainly sell out. Sprint store around here was getting 5-6 in a day and they were gone within hours of the shipment arriving (kids at the Sprint store frequent one of my stores.) I think your best bet is trying to get in there Sunday morning when the phone is released. If not, ask them when they get their next shipment via UPS/FedEx to hold one for you.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
It won't "SELL OUT" like not available for weeks like the iPhone does, but it will certainly sell out. Sprint store around here was getting 5-6 in a day and they were gone within hours of the shipment arriving (kids at the Sprint store frequent one of my stores.) I think your best bet is trying to get in there Sunday morning when the phone is released. If not, ask them when they get their next shipment via UPS/FedEx to hold one for you.

I don't agree ... Keep in mind that Sprint does not have a iPhone and the SGS2 represents their current flagship phone. Not going to have a bunch of people running into the at&t store for this phone with iPhone 5 around the corner.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't agree ... Keep in mind that Sprint does not have a iPhone and the SGS2 represents their current flagship phone. Not going to have a bunch of people running into the at&t store for this phone with iPhone 5 around the corner.

Great point but if you have the afternoon to yourself, why wouldn't you just show up Sunday on store opening? Better to be safe then sorry.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree with that :) ... I will be heading over after church to snag one up .

The AT&T stores over here open up at 11 on Sundays, so that's a blessing. Can't wait to have my hands on this phone again. After having the Sprint variant for 3 days then going back to the iPhone I miss it already!