12-02-2011 02:16 PM
59 123
tools
    So im def getting this phone! You guys know of any good cases for it? I think it would be neat to have one with a built in kickstand. If yall have any good cases youve found, post em here!!! I wanna check them all out!!1
    09-22-2011 11:40 PM
    I haven't seen any yet. All the cases that I have located online are for the international version and I am not sure that the at&t models shares the same dimensions.
    09-23-2011 08:33 AM
    The AT&T phone is a little bit thicker to account for the thicker battery which contains the NFC. I will hate to put a case on this one because it looks so good without one. Will have to get one of those slim ones when they come out or just a bumper case like the iPhone 4 have.
    09-23-2011 12:46 PM
    It is a shame to put a case on it, but at this point in my life it is a necessity. No matter how careful I am I know I will --- eventually, drop, bobble, or possibly sit on it. With such a thin precious device as the SII, I'm not taking that chance. Maybe I will keep it case free while in my home, then put its armor on when I take it to the bar.
    mpazevedo likes this.
    09-23-2011 01:09 PM
    I went ahead and ordered this, what the heck right?

SMOKE ARGYLE HARD TPU GEL SKIN CASE COVER ATT SAMSUNG GALAXY S II i777 ACCESSORY | eBay

Even if its for the int'l one it still might be okay.
    09-25-2011 04:18 PM
    the i777 is .7mm taller and .4mm thicker than the global model... however it's almost exactly the same as the Japanese SC-02 model.
    mpazevedo likes this.
    09-25-2011 04:36 PM
    I knew it was thicker, but didn't know it was taller. Interesting. That case claims to be for the i777 though.
    mpazevedo likes this.
    09-25-2011 04:39 PM
    Ok this is from phone arena website. The International version specs : 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49 mm
    AT&T version : 126 x 66 x 9 mm. You might be able to squeeze it in hopefully. I think I might have to wait till for the casemate versions or Samsung's own, though I haven't seen them. One thing to think about is you have to take the case off for the desktop mount or the car mount. No big deal for the most part unless you get one of those titanium cases that look but ugly. Not worthy for a nice looking phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S II specs

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...II-AT-T_id5639
    09-25-2011 07:38 PM
    I have already purchased two cases for the International version of the Galaxy S II in hopes that they will work with the AT&T version. Picked up the Incipio NGP semi-rigid case, and some other cheap TPU skin case from Amazon.

Hopefully the 0.4mm won't make a difference. If it does, I will probably just pick up the BodyGlove Mirage cases that AT&T sells at their stores. I have one on my Captivate, and one on the wife's Infuse, and they are great cases. Will report back once I pick mine up.
    09-25-2011 10:03 PM
    09-25-2011 10:19 PM
    The Case-mate one might work. Look at the disclaimer. It used to say all of the SGSII's in the US wouldn't work but now it's saying it only for the Sprint version, because it is bigger. Who nows, I'll wait that one out. I'm tired of waiting for the phone though.

http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Gal...ough-Cases.asp
    09-25-2011 10:49 PM
    True that, less than a week!
    09-25-2011 10:51 PM
    It is a shame to put a case on it, but at this point in my life it is a necessity. No matter how careful I am I know I will --- eventually, drop, bobble, or possibly sit on it. With such a thin precious device as the SII, I'm not taking that chance. Maybe I will keep it case free while in my home, then put its armor on when I take it to the bar.
    I dropped my Inspire on the kitchen floor. Twice. Your device isn't safe in your home!!
    09-26-2011 01:53 PM
    Grab a casemate...they make the best cases IMO. The casemate pop w/stand is a pretty wicked idea I think!
    09-26-2011 02:25 PM
    Now this looks very interesting. I think Case-mate will be the case to go. Will have to wait till they have it for the AT&T phone.

Samsung Galaxy S II Genuine Brushed Aluminum case by Case-Mate

Edit: I just called a sales rep and they said that this will not work with the AT&T Galaxy S II. I'll just have to wait till they do get em.
    09-26-2011 02:47 PM
    09-26-2011 03:17 PM
    That is a sexy case, not sure if I should get that one or the one with the kickstand....
    09-26-2011 03:29 PM
    I know that casemate one says AT&T i777 Version but it says it also fits the International version how is that possible?
    I would be cautious if it says it works for both. You could probably squeeze it to fit, but the AT&T version is slightly thicker and longer.
    09-26-2011 03:39 PM
    That is a sexy case, not sure if I should get that one or the one with the kickstand....
    Why not both?
    09-26-2011 04:40 PM
    Why not both?

Touche!!!
    09-26-2011 06:08 PM
    Getting closer to the release, anybody found any other cases that were made specifically for the AT&T version?
    09-28-2011 02:20 PM
    In case any of you are interested in purchasing a case from Otterbox, I emailed them asking when a case would be made for the AT&T Galaxy SII, and got the following response:

Unfortunately, we do not have any plans in the works for this particular case. That is not always to say for sure that we will not make it. They best was to find information is to go to our website iPhone 4 Cases, iPad 2 Cases, Tablet Cases & More // OtterBox.com and there will be the most up to date information. If we indicate that we will make a particular case/color then we will put that information on our website and you will be able to sign up for e-mail notifications. Sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you. We hope that you will continue to buy from us in the future. If you have any other questions let me know if I am able to further assist you.

Thanks
    Jeremy Clarke
    Customer Service Representative

Bummer. I wonder about the ZAGG Invisible Shield full body cover/maximum coverage. They have one for all the Galaxy SIIs currently out and I would think they would have one for the AT&T one very soon. I really dont want a case making my phone any bigger but I do want protection. I guess something I will have to look into.
    09-28-2011 02:37 PM
    That's disappointing I was kinda hoping that I would be able to pick up an Otterbox case.
    09-28-2011 02:54 PM
    Bummer. I wonder about the ZAGG Invisible Shield full body cover/maximum coverage. They have one for all the Galaxy SIIs currently out and I would think they would have one for the AT&T one very soon. I really dont want a case making my phone any bigger but I do want protection. I guess something I will have to look into.
    I to am looking into the Invisible Shield but just for the front. It starts to wear out after awhile around the corners with the full set. I got the stuff on all my GPSr, phones even my watch. Stuff works great.
    09-28-2011 02:59 PM
    okay cool. thanks man. i just dont know what Id do if i drop this phone and it scratches or even worse breaks. I know deep down I should get a case, but this phone is just so beautiful...
    09-28-2011 04:31 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD