Return my Nexus S?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you use your device for. Nexus S is a great device and offers the "Pure" Google experience. Nexus S will also be first to receive all the updates that are released. Hardware spec wise the SGS2 blows the Nexus S out of the water. But again, ask yourself what you use your device for, would you like a larger screen? (Get the SGS2), Faster Processor (Get the SGS2), Improved Camera (Get the SGS2)

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the white Nexus S and just got the international version of the GSII. It just depends on what you 'want'. The Nexus S should get the updates faster since you will be depending on AT&T on the updates and they don't have a very good track record. The hardware on the Galaxy S II is amazing to say the least but it currently doesn't have GTalk capabilities even with 2.3.4 unlike my Nexus. I have been using the Galaxy S II and have not turned back but that is mostly due to exchange mail working better on the Galaxy S II.

Reactions: milominderbinde

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
From my limited experience with the International GSII, I would definitely return the Nexus S if you're still within the return period. The GSII is just the crown jewel of Android phones, the Holy Grail of sorts.

Reactions: milominderbinde

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
From my limited experience with the International GSII, I would definitely return the Nexus S if you're still within the return period. The GSII is just the crown jewel of Android phones, the Holy Grail of sorts.

On Oct 2nd I will still be within my return period. I'm thinking about returning the Nexus S. I cant wait until the SGS2 comes out!!:cool:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Nexus S for a few weeks and returned it. Pure google was more like plain google to me. I mean the camera could not even zoom. I got the Atrix after Gingerbread and like it much better than the Nexus S. I paid for the Atrix outright using best buy gift cards to save my upgrade.

I will probably wait a few weeks to see the feedback on the SGSII before I see if it is upgrade worthy. I also want to see what the new iphone will offer. If they had launched the SGSII last Sunday I would have probably jumped on it but now I think I will wait a few weeks to see how things shake out. I really still enjoy my Atrix and will probably keep it. It will get updated before the SGSII if Samsung sticks with their record or updates. (Yes, I had a Captivate too).

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Nexus S for a few weeks and returned it. Pure google was more like plain google to me. I mean the camera could not even zoom. I got the Atrix after Gingerbread and like it much better than the Nexus S. I paid for the Atrix outright using best buy gift cards to save my upgrade.

I will probably wait a few weeks to see the feedback on the SGSII before I see if it is upgrade worthy. I also want to see what the new iphone will offer. If they had launched the SGSII last Sunday I would have probably jumped on it but now I think I will wait a few weeks to see how things shake out. I really still enjoy my Atrix and will probably keep it. It will get updated before the SGSII if Samsung sticks with their record or updates. (Yes, I had a Captivate too).

I think you'll like the SGSII. On the update, did Samsung release the kernel on the Captivate shortly after its release? I think Samsung is trying to make amends. Plus in the end its AT&T that takes forever to update the phone. At least we can get it through CyanogenMod or some other ROM if your adventurous. :D

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll like the SGSII. On the update, did Samsung release the kernel on the Captivate shortly after its release? I think Samsung is trying to make amends. Plus in the end its AT&T that takes forever to update the phone. At least we can get it through CyanogenMod or some other ROM if your adventurous. :D

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I can't remember about Samsung releasing the kernel for the captivate but I believe so. I always hear it is ATT that is at fault, but why do other brands get updated so much faster? The Atrix has been updated 3 or 4 times already since launch in Feb 11 on ATT. The captivate was supposed to get gingerbread before the end of the year, probably not going to happen. I think Samsung has a poor update record across all carriers?

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember about Samsung releasing the kernel for the captivate but I believe so. I always hear it is ATT that is at fault, but why do other brands get updated so much faster? The Atrix has been updated 3 or 4 times already since launch in Feb 11 on ATT. The captivate was supposed to get gingerbread before the end of the year, probably not going to happen. I think Samsung has a poor update record across all carriers?

I totally agree Samsung has a bad reputation with updates. I will be trying Touch Whiz 4.0 and when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out I'll give Samsung the chance at the update. Otherwise I'll go with CyanogenMod.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
There are 17 key features missing in "pure" Goggle phones. the Galaxy S II has all of the basic features plus 25 features that put it way out in front.

I just got the Epic 4G Touch with almost identical TouchWiz 4.0, Gingerbread, and features. It is amazing.

If your idea of fun for a weekend is to try to figure out a way to make Facebook work, the Nexus S is the phone for you. If that would be the weekend from hell, don't get a pure Google phone. There are 16 other issues just as big.

To me the sad part is that AT&T salesmen don't tell the customers the basic features that are missing in the Nexus S. Maybe it seems funny to do that or maybe the sales people are just that uneducated.

Many Nexus S problems can be fixed with rooting but some simply can't be fixed. Still the average person will have no idea what to do and no desire to do it even if they could.

The Samsung Galaxy S II works right out of the box.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Should I return my nexus s for the SGS2? Would it be a smart thing to do?

I'll give you the short answer: definitely. No question in my mind. The reviews are starting to pop up, and I'm falling even more in love. I can't wait to strip it and put the ROM of my choice on it.

Sent from my Inspire

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I made up my mind. I'm exchanging it. Reason: I need a micro SD card slot. lol And better camera. WITH zoom. lol Thank for all the input. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE