10-30-2011 01:38 PM
188 1234 ...
tools
    I'm ready. I am switching to Android after 4 years on the iPhone. Excited about learning how to use the things and figuring out what all of you are talking about in here with Widgets, Launchers, and other words I don't understand.
    Hang out on these forums and listen to the Android Center podcast. It's an awesome podcast, the guys are great and they don't trash on Apple. They do give credit to them when they deserve it, but it's all about Android and its awesomeness.
    09-25-2011 09:33 PM
    I'm supper stoked. Oct 2 is Sunday which means I party like a mad dog Saturday night and when midnight rolls around ill be drunk on my Birthday!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC Moosc Edition! using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 10:04 PM
    I'm pretty excited too. Not sure I'll pick it up on the first day but will at least spend a bit of time playing with it in the store. I'm currently an iPhone 4 user so I want to at least see the iPhone 5 before making my final decision.
    I like your idea. I think I'll do the same.
    09-25-2011 10:32 PM
    Its taking too long to get here.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 11:43 PM
    Its taking too long to get here.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    This time next week I'll be downloading all the free apps I got from Amazon via Xoom account. Days away.
    09-25-2011 11:56 PM
    I'm not really stoked (kinda tired of Gingerbread, actually just bought a WP7 device for a change of pace), but I am going to try to use a non-data line in my family plan to pick this up for $200.
    09-26-2011 01:46 PM
    Im super stoked for this device and Im an employee. I use the Infuse for work now and I do think the 4.3 inch screen will be better. This 4.5 inch screen is good for movies and web browsing but its a pain to lug around since have to carry 2 phones.
    09-26-2011 02:29 PM
    I have an Infuse that I purchased to get started on AT&T but I fully intend to swap within the 30 days to the SG2.
    My wife wants me to wait until the iPhone 5 is outed, but I am so stuck on Android its not funny... So, yeah, I am anxious for the SG2!
    Simba501 likes this.
    09-26-2011 06:02 PM
    I'm ready for it to be Sunday....preordered mine today.
    09-26-2011 08:11 PM
    This week is like beyond amazing for me. Battlefield 3 beta starts tomorrow and then that'll keep me occupied until SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

I'm highly considering pre-ordering it from Best Buy but I really would rather get it from my local AT&T store. Think I'll just show up nice and early on Sunday. They should have plenty there.
    09-26-2011 08:23 PM
    This week is like beyond amazing for me. Battlefield 3 beta starts tomorrow and then that'll keep me occupied until SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

I'm highly considering pre-ordering it from Best Buy but I really would rather get it from my local AT&T store. Think I'll just show up nice and early on Sunday. They should have plenty there.
    I thought battlefield beta started thurs?
    09-27-2011 02:16 AM
    if you pre-ordered you get to play the beta starting tuesday
    09-27-2011 02:43 AM
    I'm ready for it to be Sunday....preordered mine today.
    How and where did you preorder it?
    09-27-2011 08:27 AM
    At best buy. they have you buy a $50 gift card to hold the order but if they dont get some in at that store you can use the gift card at another BB or return it for cash.
    09-27-2011 08:39 AM
    At best buy. they have you buy a $50 gift card to hold the order but if they dont get some in at that store you can use the gift card at another BB or return it for cash.
    I stopped by the Best Buy by my house yesterday and when ahead and pre-ordered mine as well. I guess they just rolled out a new software update or new software and none of the people working had any idea what they were doing.

Instead of ending up getting a gift card, even though the piece of paper they gave me says I should have I got a receipt and a hand written note from one of the front end leaders basically saying they couldn't figure out how to get my $50 on a gift card. She said that they would take care of anything and just refund the money if I needed to cancel the pre-order.

I'm going to be pissed if they end up giving me any problems at all.
    09-27-2011 08:45 AM
    I stopped by the Best Buy by my house yesterday and when ahead and pre-ordered mine as well. I guess they just rolled out a new software update or new software and none of the people working had any idea what they were doing.

Instead of ending up getting a gift card, even though the piece of paper they gave me says I should have I got a receipt and a hand written note from one of the front end leaders basically saying they couldn't figure out how to get my $50 on a gift card. She said that they would take care of anything and just refund the money if I needed to cancel the pre-order.

This is 100% consistent with my situation, and they did say they would just refund the money if I didn't get the phone from them. I ashed them a lot of questions, and they were consistent in saying I could just get the $50 back easily.
    Simba501 likes this.
    09-27-2011 09:08 AM
    This is 100% consistent with my situation, and they did say they would just refund the money if I didn't get the phone from them. I ashed them a lot of questions, and they were consistent in saying I could just get the $50 back easily.
    Yep pretty much what they told me as well, it was pretty annoying that they didn't know how to use their own system. I think it took three of them plus calling people just to get it done like they did.

What is weird is on the email that I got for the order it has an estimated pickup date of yesterday. Not sure how that is something that they could have put in but came from the system.

In my case there is a Costco right next to the Best Buy and from what people have been saying it sounds like Costco has a better return policy than Best Buy does so I'll probably swing by Costco first and see if they have it and if so I'll just go and cancel my one from Best Buy.
    09-27-2011 09:13 AM

i got the same thing but i got a pre-order sheet with all the info and a gift card receipt.

i dont think it will be a prob.
    09-27-2011 10:09 AM
    I am pretty excited for it. Looking forward to Sunday Morning!
    09-27-2011 10:55 AM
    Are these Bestbuy orders a reservation or just prepaying? If it doesn't hold a phone for you, I don't see the point in it.
    09-27-2011 11:08 AM
    Are these Bestbuy orders a reservation or just prepaying? If it doesn't hold a phone for you, I don't see the point in it.
    Sounds like a reservation and down payment.
    09-27-2011 11:11 AM
    Sounds like a reservation and down payment.
    Exactly, by pre-ordering we will get a phone reserved for us.

So if they only get 4 phones in and there are 4 people that have pre-ordered someone can't walk into the store and take one of the phones since we have already reserved them. Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee that they will get as many phones as have been pre-ordered but reserves us one when they get them.

Which is also why I'll be going to Costco Sunday morning.
    09-27-2011 11:38 AM
    I dont think I can preorder it at best buy because I am doing an exchange,.

Exactly, by pre-ordering we will get a phone reserved for us.

So if they only get 4 phones in and there are 4 people that have pre-ordered someone can't walk into the store and take one of the phones since we have already reserved them. Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee that they will get as many phones as have been pre-ordered but reserves us one when they get them.

Which is also why I'll be going to Costco Sunday morning.
    09-27-2011 11:48 AM
    deleted.
    09-27-2011 11:52 AM
    when the phone comes in you have 72hrs to pick it up or they will sell it
    09-27-2011 12:02 PM
188 1234 ...