Who's Stoked on This Upcoming Sunday? (October 2nd)

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess more of a "social" thread then anything, but I still love hearing about how excited others get when they're about to get a new toy. Maybe because I get all giddy and my chick loves to bust my you-know-whats about getting so happy about a new piece of technology. Whether it be a new part for my computer, a new T.V., video game (yes, I go to midnight launches), or anything sort of related. But is definitely is nice to know others get excited as well.

So raise of hands for AT&T SGS2'ers. Feel free to call me lame too :)

jmonte345

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty excited too. Not sure I'll pick it up on the first day but will at least spend a bit of time playing with it in the store. I'm currently an iPhone 4 user so I want to at least see the iPhone 5 before making my final decision.

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I seriously don't want to do an ounce more of waiting. At the same time I'm also feeling like this devices release was too late? I'm kinda thinking I'm going to buy this and I really want to buy this and regret it when I see the Nexus Prime 1month later.........

SkyG

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Primed and expecting it! Just started contract, got an Infuse to play with while I wait for the SGSII. I have to admit, 4.5" is too much. 4.3 is a great compromise, this is gonna be one hell of a phone. Getting it Sunday at 11 as soon as the store opens.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Primed and expecting it! Just started contract, got an Infuse to play with while I wait for the SGSII. I have to admit, 4.5" is too much. 4.3 is a great compromise, this is gonna be one hell of a phone. Getting it Sunday at 11 as soon as the store opens.

I wish it had a 4.5 inch screen like the Sprint version. That would be just right for me.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hands raised. I have been waiting for this phone when it was announced in February. I was hoping they would announce a US version. I was happy that they kept the name instead of calling it the Attain. I now about the specs on this phone then any AT&T person, let alone my local geeks. So yes I can't wait. I'm getting that stand with the extra battery, you get the stand for about $10 if you count the included battery separately. I'll be looking for a bumper to go around it. I want to maintain its thinness but protect it. Slap an Invisibleshield on it and download all those awesome apps. No sideloading necessary. One more week.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I seriously don't want to do an ounce more of waiting. At the same time I'm also feeling like this devices release was too late? I'm kinda thinking I'm going to buy this and I really want to buy this and regret it when I see the Nexus Prime 1month later.........

I hear you about the Nexus Prime but it will not be that big of a jump. At most 2ghz dual core and Ice Cream Sandwich? I would look into the Galaxy S III. I think I might be getting a phone a year now lol. Just pay the early contract penalty or just buy it unlocked. I will see when the time comes. Maybe by then AT&T will have LTE in my local area.

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I hear you about the Nexus Prime but it will not be that big of a jump. At most 2ghz dual core and Ice Cream Sandwich? I would look into the Galaxy S III. I think I might be getting a phone a year now lol. Just pay the early contract penalty or just buy it unlocked. I will see when the time comes. Maybe by then AT&T will have LTE in my local area.

I think the biggest thing is the 720p Super AMOLED screen lol

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Haha, thread bros indeed. I've noticed since I decided to get it and started posting up in here there's been a couple of us that just seem to always be in here.

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yupp ^^.

I'm so stoked for this phone. Been waiting since around July.

Passed on the LG Optimus 3D or whatever it's called here.

But such a long week....I can't wait.

And yes, my gf also teases me about all new tech releases. She has yet to see anybody talk about phones/computers/gaming as much as I do.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Haha, thread bros indeed. I've noticed since I decided to get it and started posting up in here there's been a couple of us that just seem to always be in here.

Amen. To me it seems like it makes the time go by faster. Also considering most of my good friends can't afford to splurge on stuff like I can that I'm the only one around here who gets excited so it's nice to have people who share the same interests.

fossil54

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'll be at the local AT&T on Sunday! I've been checking all the posts for the last 3 weeks like every couple of hours! I love my Captivate, but dual core and SUPER amoled? I have no choice, must have it! Most my co-workers have iPhones, my Android and the beautiful screen blow them away. Already have had several people converted to Android. Can't wait!

Aquarianperry

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting on this phone since February and have had my Captivate since July 17th 2010, I'll be at Best Buy at 10AM Sunday (might even give it a shot Saturday ;) but I'm sure along with this I'll end up buying a Nexus Prime Straight out for myself as my Christmas Present to myself and pass the GSII down to the old lady :).

Reactions: wcases