10-30-2011 01:38 PM
188 ... 45678
tools
    Am I safe to assume this will be about 600 dollars out the door? Are there any fees I have to pay buying off contract?
    09-29-2011 05:18 PM
    Well that sucks. After tax and activation we're talking +$700 dollars. ugh
    Might as well get the International Version for around $585? lol
    09-29-2011 05:30 PM
    Might as well get the International Version for around $585? lol
    DailySteals | Online Deals | Deals Site : DailySteals.com were selling international version for 499 + 5 shipping a week ago
    09-29-2011 07:08 PM
    Sunday can't come soon enough. Putting the iPhone on eBay at midnight.
    09-29-2011 07:15 PM
    DailySteals | Online Deals | Deals Site : DailySteals.com were selling international version for 499 + 5 shipping a week ago
    Yup, and people were receiving "open" box Samsung Galaxy S II. I was thinking about getting it but reading the shipping policy, it takes too long so I was considering Amazon or Newegg.
    09-29-2011 07:21 PM
    I own Sprint version loving it looking forward to AT&T version.
    I will be at Store Sunday morning to head to head Signal/data test in my area.
    If ATT version provides better numbers I will be making network move.
    grrr not going to be digging that 2gb cap though
    Yeah i am on Sprint too and picked up the ET4G 6 days ago and never have i loved a phone more....BUT i can't even get a data signal at my desk (in a metal bldg) and i had the Infuse for a week and never got less than 1.25 to 1.75 mbps speedtest results in the same spot, so i think i will be making the switch back too.

As for the cap, when i had the infuse i had installed 3G Watchdog and it worked fantastic..... Plus 2 GB is not as little as you think, and even going over 1 GB increments are only 10 bucks each, not sayin' that doesn't bite, BUT i was only averaging about 50 MB's a day, so don't think it will be too bad.

A word of advice tho from my Infuse days.... Set everything up from Market at home thru Wifi, the first day i used about 250 MB just installing all my apps & updates.....

Still wondering what the status of the NFC chip will be. Saw in a video today T-Mobile's(shhheeeesh is that version uglyyyyy : ) has NFC enabled plus an app right on the homescreen to go with it....AT&T's is rummored to have the chip on board, but doesn't ship with an app and some are saying it might be disabled. Not a dealbreaker but still, i have seen so many "NFC terminals everywhere i shop" since i started noticing.....

BTC
    mpazevedo likes this.
    09-29-2011 07:36 PM
    It does have NFC. It's in the battery. You can clearly see it in some of the hands on videos and unboxing. It will have to be enabled in a later update. Not sure if Google Wallet will be an option, ATT is one of the many companies behind ISIS (includes T-Mo and Verizon)

I imagine they will enable ISIS, but may lock out GW.
    Looks like some rooting is in order
    09-29-2011 07:50 PM

A word of advice tho from my Infuse days.... Set everything up from Market at home thru Wifi, the first day i used about 250 MB just installing all my apps & updates.....

Still wondering what the status of the NFC chip will be. Saw in a video today T-Mobile's(shhheeeesh is that version uglyyyyy : ) has NFC enabled plus an app right on the homescreen to go with it....AT&T's is rummored to have the chip on board, but doesn't ship with an app and some are saying it might be disabled. Not a dealbreaker but still, i have seen so many "NFC terminals everywhere i shop" since i started noticing.....

BTC
    Great advice. The NFC is on the battery. I too don't know the status of the software. It might be one of those last minute things with AT&T. They just made a deal with ISIS along with T-mobile and Verizon to get the ball rolling. NFC is the future. Lot more terminals showing up. Soon it will be to easy to spend money.
    09-29-2011 08:17 PM
    can't wait! already went by best buy and they quoted me a $290 gift card for my iphone so i get the gs2 for free pretty much. and heck if the iphone5 is anything nice i might swap but who knows.
    09-29-2011 09:33 PM
    can't wait! already went by best buy and they quoted me a $290 gift card for my iphone so i get the gs2 for free pretty much. and heck if the iphone5 is anything nice i might swap but who knows.
    Wow... $290 bucks? iPhone 4? 32GB? That's pretty tempting. I know for a solid fact I can get $450 on craigslist, but the off chance I can't I'll be heading to Best Buy

Also I'm going to take off work Monday and try my damnedest to sell my iPhone 4 BEFORE the October 4th announcement because most people don't pay close attention to those events, just hear the hype after.
    09-29-2011 09:55 PM
    I'll be happy to get $300 with all my cases for my iPhone.
    09-29-2011 09:57 PM
    I ripped myself off on my 3gs, I put it on feebay for $185 cause the silent switch didn't work and it sold in 2 hours.
    09-29-2011 10:14 PM
    Think I'll put my iPhone 4 on CL for $500 because I literally have 2 otterboxes (Black and white), 3 Speck cases, 2 I won from a twitter contest from SGP, and a plethora of quality screen protectors. Always better to shoot high then work your way down.

Only thing that scares me is IF they do release an iPhone 4s, or an 8GB budget iPhone 4... then it's going to jack the prices of these used ones down. Regardless I'd really love to sell it between today and Sunday... but I can't go more than like 30 minutes without a phone.
    09-29-2011 10:17 PM
    I sold my 3g after the 4 came out, still made good money.

iPhone 5: This is our Design-Prototype! | BENM.AT

Not bad if the 4s or 5 resembles this mock up.
    09-29-2011 10:21 PM
    anyone else find it funny that it is 2 days away and AT&T doesnt have it up on their site yet
    09-29-2011 10:36 PM
    It's up there if you want email updates.
    09-29-2011 10:43 PM
    ive signed up for email updates and have received not one email. they dont even have a date up yet. for such a flagship device, this is poor advertising. its like they dont want this phone to sell.
    09-29-2011 10:59 PM
    ive signed up for email updates and have received not one email. they dont even have a date up yet. for such a flagship device, this is poor advertising. its like they dont want this phone to sell.
    Like it or not iPhone is still the baby.
    09-29-2011 11:00 PM
    yeah i know. pathetic. i mean the only reason why we know its coming out is because of twitter/facebook and samsungs website. NOTHING from at&t. its quite frustrating knowing that a great phone is coming to their network (possibly the best yet) yet it seems like they are almost hiding it..
    09-29-2011 11:04 PM
    Basically if you don't read Android sites and/or follow AT&T or Samsung on twitter, you knew nothing about this phone.

I doubted for a while that it would really come out on Sunday, but Samsung and AT&T are pushing the 2nd so hard on twitter. Plus we've gotten conformation on here and (at least for me) from local AT&T stores about receiving shipments.

Just glad its pretty much 3 days away

Sent from my iGarbage using Tapatalk
    09-29-2011 11:13 PM
    yeah i know. pathetic. i mean the only reason why we know its coming out is because of twitter/facebook and samsungs website. NOTHING from at&t. its quite frustrating knowing that a great phone is coming to their network (possibly the best yet) yet it seems like they are almost hiding it..
    what do you mean? ATT has been tweeting about for almost a week now.

https://twitter.com/#!/ATT/status/119497113171279872

this is from today. well, yesterday... the 29th
    09-29-2011 11:14 PM
    Basically if you don't read Android sites and/or follow AT&T or Samsung on twitter, you knew nothing about this phone
    How else would you like att to advertise it? Lol

Word spreads faster on the internet than any else...
    09-29-2011 11:59 PM
    The Samsung Galaxy S II rocks. I just got the Sprint version. Unbelievable. And you guys will have way faster data speeds.
    09-30-2011 12:05 AM
    How else would you like att to advertise it? Lol

Word spreads faster on the internet than any else...
    How about changing their websites S2 page to say "Oct 2" instead of "coming soon"?

Or sending us that signed up for emails updates?

09-30-2011 12:25 AM
    How about changing their websites S2 page to say "Oct 2" instead of "coming soon"?

Or sending us that signed up for emails updates?

exactly. commercials, their website (did not one person see the LG Thrill being advertised a full week in advance on AT&T. I still remember seeing "Coming Sept. 4" on their site), emails, anything. Your average person isnt going to be searching twitter and facebook for release dates. think of iphone release dates, theyre all over. AT&T is not exclusive to iPhones anymore, so they need to start making big deals about other phones as well, especially Android since it is the up-and-coming operating system.
    09-30-2011 01:11 AM
188 ... 45678