10-30-2011 01:38 PM
188 ... 5678
tools
    They did have the commercials. Seen it once on tv and again on youtube. From what I heard the Infuse page changed the day before or on launch. I'm not surprised. I am surprised on how a 3GS can sell for so much used let alone a 4. If I sold mine I could get the SGSII for free. It's crazy with these iPhones. I'm telling you right now that iPhone 4s or 5 will not beat the SGSII in the horsepower department. It's going to be an A5 clocked at 1gz maybe 1.5, 8mp clicker and finally 1gb of ram. The software is going the route of Android with its notification bar and Wifi sync. The folks will go gaga over it and it will sell millions. So there get what you like and have fun with it. But that thing is not going to be cutting edge. Not anymore. They had their time. It's over. Again the stats I posted are my best guess, it's an educated one, but a guess non the less.
    09-30-2011 01:36 AM
    They did have the commercials. Seen it once on tv and again on youtube. From what I heard the Infuse page changed the day before or on launch. I'm not surprised. I am surprised on how a 3GS can sell for so much used let alone a 4. If I sold mine I could get the SGSII for free. It's crazy with these iPhones. I'm telling you right now that iPhone 4s or 5 will not beat the SGSII in the horsepower department. It's going to be an A5 clocked at 1gz maybe 1.5, 8mp clicker and finally 1gb of ram. The software is going the route of Android with its notification bar and Wifi sync. The folks will go gaga over it and it will sell millions. So there get what you like and have fun with it. But that thing is not going to be cutting edge. Not anymore. They had their time. It's over. Again the stats I posted are my best guess, it's an educated one, but a guess non the less.
    I'll be the first person to admit... Apple makes some pretty gorgeous looking products. I just recently sold my iMac, iPad, iPod touch and soon to be iPhone 4. My problem with Apple is I HATE being told what's best for me. Steve Jobs openly said he thought these 4"+ screens were massive. To who exactly? I'm 6'3 buddy, 3.5" is too small for me. iOS is beautifully smooth, but it's looked the same for over 4 years now.

Again, Apple has built a culture with their stuff and I respect the hell out of it. But for the amount of money they make you'd think they'd be ahead of the curve when it comes to giving their customers top of the line hardware on top of their killer software.

Same went for my iMac. I spent almost two and a half thousand dollars for that computer. Was is beyond gorgeous? Yes! Was it obsolete in 6 months? You betcha. And with their integrated GPU's there wasn't a chance in hell to upgrade.

I'm totally derailed here but I guess it boils down to why I'm so excited to have this GS II: I'm ready for change, I get bored easily. This phone is beautiful and were all going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Sent from my iGarbage using Tapatalk
    mpazevedo likes this.
    09-30-2011 07:39 AM
    Its Friday!

(I tried to post the youtube vid for "Friday" by Rebecca Black but apparently these here interwebs are more advanced than I, I failed)

Only 2 more days! (or 1 depending on how you count )
    09-30-2011 08:55 AM
    I'm just glad to get this work week out of the way. Now that the weekend is upon us. Just counting the hours now. If you guys haven't noticed, Gameloft is having a sale on 4 of their games this weekend for 0.99. Go to their website for the special, the market place will not have it there. Also, check out the Samsung site for Device and USB drivers placed last night.

Samsung
    09-30-2011 11:53 AM
    I'm just glad to get this work week out of the way. Now that the weekend is upon us. Just counting the hours now. If you guys haven't noticed, Gameloft is having a sale on 4 of their games this weekend for 0.99. Go to their website for the special, the market place will not have it there. Also, check out the Samsung site for Device and USB drivers placed last night.

Samsung
    Which games?
    09-30-2011 11:55 AM
    Which games?
    I got it from Android Community. Come on Central catch up.

Gameloft sale: N.O.V.A., UNO, Assassin’s Creed and Asphalt 6 just $.99 this weekend | Android Community
    09-30-2011 12:23 PM
    Very stoked. So stoked, in fact, I went to the local Best Buy to see if I could pre-order one, and all three mobile reps said, "We don't know anything about that phone." When I asked them to check their software, all three reported "October 12," and, "We can't take pre-orders." 1st Fail

Then, while buying some home supplies at Target, I stopped by the mobile department to see if they might know something. First guy says, "Um, which phone?" Second guy says, "October 14." 2nd Fail
    09-30-2011 12:53 PM
    Very stoked. So stoked, in fact, I went to the local Best Buy to see if I could pre-order one, and all three mobile reps said, "We don't know anything about that phone." When I asked them to check their software, all three reported "October 12," and, "We can't take pre-orders." 1st Fail

Then, while buying some home supplies at Target, I stopped by the mobile department to see if they might know something. First guy says, "Um, which phone?" Second guy says, "October 14." 2nd Fail
    I noticed October 12th on my Best Buy pre-order receipt as well. I think the best bet is to call the stores on Saturday afternoon to see who actually has some. I have many AT&T stores that are under a 30 minute drive (as well as two Best Buys) from me so I will just go to whichever one can confirm they have some.
    09-30-2011 01:11 PM
    How about changing their websites S2 page to say "Oct 2" instead of "coming soon"?

Or sending us that signed up for emails updates?
    I def agree with sending the emails. I do think its weird that the haven't sent them yet +1 for you. But you are proving my point that the internet spreads the word faster than a commercial

exactly. commercials, their website (did not one person see the LG Thrill being advertised a full week in advance on AT&T. I still remember seeing "Coming Sept. 4" on their site), emails, anything. Your average person isnt going to be searching twitter and facebook for release dates. think of iphone release dates, theyre all over. AT&T is not exclusive to iPhones anymore, so they need to start making big deals about other phones as well, especially Android since it is the up-and-coming operating system.
    1) i've seen the commercials at least 5 times in the last week.

2) You too are proving the fact that the internet is more efficient than commercials. You havent seen the commercials that have been playing but you see all of the ads on the internet. People don't have to search twitter. when companies announce stuff on twitter/facebook it doesnt just stay there. It goes to other internet sites that you clearly read lol
    09-30-2011 01:27 PM

It's still sad to see the ignorance of some phone reps. I went to 2 Best Buys last weekend, none of them knew about it or would not take pre-orders. Then talking my daughter to the mall I see this Best Buy mobile store. I didn't know there were such a thing. All they sell in there are cell phones and tablets. Anyways, I asked them about it and they said, sure we know about it and would you like to pre-order. And thought it about 10 seconds then said yes. That was my experience. You should have told them that they will have them this Sunday and watch their reaction. Then show up and say I told you so.
    09-30-2011 01:32 PM
    Best buy better not release on the 12th..
    09-30-2011 04:26 PM
    Best buy better not release on the 12th..
    That's a computer error. Trust me, head there Sunday and you'll get one. Bring 199.99 + tax, else they won't give you one.
    09-30-2011 04:29 PM
    sorry, if this is a repost

from att twitter page

ATT AT&T
    @
    @PoetAndrews Correct! 12 Am EST on Sunday is when it will be available. Feel free to contact us if you have any future questions. Thanks!
    3 hours ago
    Twitter
    09-30-2011 06:45 PM
    sorry, if this is a repost

from att twitter page

Twitter
    What exactly does that mean? Available where?
    09-30-2011 07:02 PM
    What exactly does that mean? Available where?
    att.com
    09-30-2011 07:25 PM
    The more I'm checking things out, the more I'm getting comfortable with the switch from iPhone. DL double twist for Mac and it looks easy as pie.
    09-30-2011 11:29 PM
    I'm like a kid on christmas eve
    Did the iphone before and had a Focus with WP7 the past 10 months but have been waiting for the GS2 for months!! WP7's OS got old in a hurry and well we all know how stale iOS has gotten so I am super excited that I'm getting the "SUPER PHONE" and I'll actually be able to customize it, WP7 is like totally locked down
    Sold my Focus 2 days ago and been limping around with 6 year old basic cell, 11am tomorrow can't come fast enough!!!
    10-01-2011 04:48 PM
    Did the iphone before and had a Focus with WP7 the past 10 months but have been waiting for the GS2 for months!! WP7's OS got old in a hurry and well we all know how stale iOS has gotten so I am super excited that I'm getting the "SUPER PHONE" and I'll actually be able to customize it, WP7 is like totally locked down
    Sold my Focus 2 days ago and been limping around with 6 year old basic cell, 11am tomorrow can't come fast enough!!!
    What'd you sell yours for? I'm gonna sell mine after getting this phone. No scratches+case+microSD.
    10-01-2011 04:52 PM
    I had an iPhone 4 myself. Let my daughter have it at start of school, been rockin the 3GS since.
    So F'in ready!!!
    10-01-2011 04:55 PM
    {Derail}
    I have a standard XD and love it, it fits me better than a Glock
    {/Derail}

XDM .45 won out. Picked up a bi-tone .45 with trijicon night sights and SA has a promo for 3 extra mags and punch included. 5 mags total!!! Very accurate, much better grip angle and trigger than the Glock!!!!
    10-01-2011 05:45 PM
    Glad you saw the light I totally agree and thats why I have one as well.
    10-01-2011 06:14 PM
    Just to make sure, I can use my parent's upgrade to get the new phone and put it under my line right? I currently have the iPhone 4 which I used my upgrade on about 1 year and 3 months ago (release date), and I'm not eligible for a full upgrade but my parents are. If I use their line, they don't have to get data plan on their line right? They're using dumb/slide/flip phones but letting me use their upgrade to get the SGSII since my iPhone 4 screen cracked. But I just want to make sure that I can use their upgrade to get a phone for my line instead of their's without having to pay the extra data on their line.
    10-01-2011 10:34 PM
    You can use any upgrade on an eligible account. So yes what you are trying to do will work.

The device is up on our website as of a few minutes ago...
    10-01-2011 10:48 PM
    Alright, must get the phone tomorrow! Hopefully my AT&T has them.. at least the guy told me he was going to "hold" one for me.. but I don't know if it's true or not :/
    10-01-2011 10:50 PM
    Alright, must get the phone tomorrow! Hopefully my AT&T has them.. at least the guy told me he was going to "hold" one for me.. but I don't know if it's true or not :/
    It's tomorrow!!!!!
    Heading up to my local AT&T Store in a little over an hour to get my GS2 and I am SUPER STOKED!! Sold my WP7 Focus days ago and been stuck using a "basic' Cellphone and suffering terribly from Smartphone withdrawal
    10-02-2011 08:33 AM
188 ... 5678