Who's Stoked on This Upcoming Sunday? (October 2nd)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had a chance to shoot the XDM much, but I love my Glock 19 3rd gen, my wife and I both have one.

I'm not too sure of the high bore axis on the XD/M's, luckily the range near me has them to rent. I have a Glock 17 that I really like, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I own Sprint version loving it looking forward to AT&T version.
I will be at Store Sunday morning to head to head Signal/data test in my area.
If ATT version provides better numbers I will be making network move.
grrr not going to be digging that 2gb cap though :(

Yeah i am on Sprint too and picked up the ET4G 6 days ago and never have i loved a phone more....BUT i can't even get a data signal at my desk (in a metal bldg) and i had the Infuse for a week and never got less than 1.25 to 1.75 mbps speedtest results in the same spot, so i think i will be making the switch back too.

As for the cap, when i had the infuse i had installed 3G Watchdog and it worked fantastic..... Plus 2 GB is not as little as you think, and even going over 1 GB increments are only 10 bucks each, not sayin' that doesn't bite, BUT i was only averaging about 50 MB's a day, so don't think it will be too bad.

A word of advice tho from my Infuse days.... Set everything up from Market at home thru Wifi, the first day i used about 250 MB just installing all my apps & updates.....

Still wondering what the status of the NFC chip will be. Saw in a video today T-Mobile's(shhheeeesh is that version uglyyyyy : ) has NFC enabled plus an app right on the homescreen to go with it....AT&T's is rummored to have the chip on board, but doesn't ship with an app and some are saying it might be disabled. Not a dealbreaker but still, i have seen so many "NFC terminals everywhere i shop" since i started noticing.....

BTC

Reactions: mpazevedo

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It does have NFC. It's in the battery. You can clearly see it in some of the hands on videos and unboxing. It will have to be enabled in a later update. Not sure if Google Wallet will be an option, ATT is one of the many companies behind ISIS (includes T-Mo and Verizon)

I imagine they will enable ISIS, but may lock out GW.
Looks like some rooting is in order

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
A word of advice tho from my Infuse days.... Set everything up from Market at home thru Wifi, the first day i used about 250 MB just installing all my apps & updates.....

Still wondering what the status of the NFC chip will be. Saw in a video today T-Mobile's(shhheeeesh is that version uglyyyyy : ) has NFC enabled plus an app right on the homescreen to go with it....AT&T's is rummored to have the chip on board, but doesn't ship with an app and some are saying it might be disabled. Not a dealbreaker but still, i have seen so many "NFC terminals everywhere i shop" since i started noticing.....

BTC

Great advice. The NFC is on the battery. I too don't know the status of the software. It might be one of those last minute things with AT&T. They just made a deal with ISIS along with T-mobile and Verizon to get the ball rolling. NFC is the future. Lot more terminals showing up. Soon it will be to easy to spend money.

omgabunny

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
can't wait! already went by best buy and they quoted me a $290 gift card for my iphone so i get the gs2 for free pretty much. and heck if the iphone5 is anything nice i might swap but who knows.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
can't wait! already went by best buy and they quoted me a $290 gift card for my iphone so i get the gs2 for free pretty much. and heck if the iphone5 is anything nice i might swap but who knows.

Wow... $290 bucks? iPhone 4? 32GB? That's pretty tempting. I know for a solid fact I can get $450 on craigslist, but the off chance I can't I'll be heading to Best Buy :)

Also I'm going to take off work Monday and try my damnedest to sell my iPhone 4 BEFORE the October 4th announcement because most people don't pay close attention to those events, just hear the hype after.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I ripped myself off on my 3gs, I put it on feebay for $185 cause the silent switch didn't work and it sold in 2 hours.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Think I'll put my iPhone 4 on CL for $500 because I literally have 2 otterboxes (Black and white), 3 Speck cases, 2 I won from a twitter contest from SGP, and a plethora of quality screen protectors. Always better to shoot high then work your way down.

Only thing that scares me is IF they do release an iPhone 4s, or an 8GB budget iPhone 4... then it's going to jack the prices of these used ones down. Regardless I'd really love to sell it between today and Sunday... but I can't go more than like 30 minutes without a phone. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC