AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II and Nexus Prime?

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well folks I had to start up this thread with a question. Since I will be getting this awesome phone (Sa Samsung Galaxy S II) this Sunday. I would like to know since I'm grandfathered into the iPhone unlimited plan which will be transferred to this phone, can I still take the SIM card and transfer it to an unlocked phone? Or will AT&T try to screw me and remove my unlimited plan? I might buy the Nexus Prime and use it as my unrooted and modded up device. Looks like the winds say there will be at least two Nexus. One definitely has GSM AT&T bands.

rbj13

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They can't just remove the data plan. But you need to make sure they transfer your iPhone unlimited into the Smartphone unlimited. If they tell you they can't tell them it is bull ****.

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you'll be grandfathered in fine. As said above make sure that they properly transfer you from the iphone unlimited plan to the smartphone unlimited. Don't let them tell you that they can't do it because it's a 4g device. As of right now you can keep your unlimited plan with their "4g" service. When LTE rolls out however this will likely not be the case.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input but my main question is when I'm transferring the SIM card to an unlocked phone. I will be taking a printout of the iPhone unlimited data plan to other smartphones even with HSPA +. I mentioned that in another thread. On another note, we finally have our own thread at XDA Developers site so look for some ROMing goodness.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II - xda-developers

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you'll be grandfathered in fine. As said above make sure that they properly transfer you from the iphone unlimited plan to the smartphone unlimited. Don't let them tell you that they can't do it because it's a 4g device. As of right now you can keep your unlimited plan with their "4g" service. When LTE rolls out however this will likely not be the case.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed when the time comes to get LTE. I wouldn't mind even paying another $10 on top of the $30.

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Something needs to be done about this if LTE comes out and we can't keep unlimited data this is just bull****. The fact that were going to be slowed down after 2GB is even more bull**** they just can do whatever the hell they want and just make up crap as they go along.. Someone has to stand up to these companies I mean seriously I don't understand how they can do this. Even the tethering plans are laughable. Oh so I have Unlimited Data and you want to double charge me to use my data a different way?? and I have to lose my unlimited data plan? Get real if Sprint unleashes a LTE network and keeps their word with keeping unlimited data plans I know where I'll be taking my business.

rbj13

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish the US would go to the European model. No discount on phones and they are unlocked then the companies compete for your business because you won't be locked to a contract.

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish the US would go to the European model. No discount on phones and they are unlocked then the companies compete for your business because you won't be locked to a contract.

Could you imagine an average customer's reactions to unsubsidized phone pricing??

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input but my main question is when I'm transferring the SIM card to an unlocked phone. I will be taking a printout of the iPhone unlimited data plan to other smartphones even with HSPA +. I mentioned that in another thread. On another note, we finally have our own thread at XDA Developers site so look for some ROMing goodness.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II - xda-developers

Finally!