Here Are The cases Available @ Launch

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the ATT version included the MHL cable/adapter that engaget mentioned in their review. I'm really looking forward to this phone, and usually run some sort of case, but what is AT&T's return policy on Cases? can i return it if im not happy with it, or lets say the phone, im pretty sure i have 30 days to return the phone, does the case follow the same policy?

Also wondering about a screen protector availability, but with gorilla glass... almost not needed. In all honesty, i had been running invisible shields since real early on with my iphones, but for the last 4-5 months havent been using invisible shield on the screen, and no issues yet (3gs).

I noticed Engadget said the MHL adapter was included as well.
All of the unboxing videos show no adapter though

mhopii

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the ATT version included the MHL cable/adapter that engaget mentioned in their review. I'm really looking forward to this phone, and usually run some sort of case, but what is AT&T's return policy on Cases? can i return it if im not happy with it, or lets say the phone, im pretty sure i have 30 days to return the phone, does the case follow the same policy?

Also wondering about a screen protector availability, but with gorilla glass... almost not needed. In all honesty, i had been running invisible shields since real early on with my iphones, but for the last 4-5 months havent been using invisible shield on the screen, and no issues yet (3gs).

No mhl adapter in box but the one for my infuse works

We have anti glare/fingerprint screen protectors at our store

30 day return policy 1 yr warranty no restocking fee on all accessories

Gorilla glass still shows fingerprints

Reactions: TBayTom

mhopii

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Are all of the AT&T stores going to have these cases? I asked my local one here in Alaska and the lady didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. I am just worried since being in Alaska it'll be a little time for the cases to get here.

Cant speak for the entire company just my market

Reactions: rbj13

rbj13

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's cool thanks for the reply though. Also I saw on xda a guy that works at att said that they will be selling the phone Saturday is there any truth to this?

leoaj88

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys know any good phone accessory sites that have or will have cases for the galaxy s2 in the near future? I want a rubbery case similar to [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/Speck-PixelSkin-HD-Case-for-iPhone-4S#mn_p]this one[/URL] that is easy to pull in and out of my pocket. I got a silicone one for my blackberry and it was such a hassle getting it out of my pocket :mad:.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys know any good phone accessory sites that have or will have cases for the galaxy s2 in the near future? I want a rubbery case similar to [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/Speck-PixelSkin-HD-Case-for-iPhone-4S#mn_p]this one[/URL] that is easy to pull in and out of my pocket. I got a silicone one for my blackberry and it was such a hassle getting it out of my pocket :mad:.

eBay, Amazon, AT&T, etc...

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
They will have them soon. They have posted that on their site. I am on their email list to let me know when they have them out.

This one is my favorite.
Samsung Galaxy S II Genuine Brushed Aluminum case by Case-Mate

That looks nice, but my experience with metal cases is that they block a lot of the signal getting to/from your phone. Tested this on a Blackberry and a couple Android phones and I could watch the signal drop on each when putting the phone in the case. If this has been fixed, then I'll gladly get one again as they look very nice, but being able to use the device is kinda important to me.

Reactions: mpazevedo

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That looks nice, but my experience with metal cases is that they block a lot of the signal getting to/from your phone. Tested this on a Blackberry and a couple Android phones and I could watch the signal drop on each when putting the phone in the case. If this has been fixed, then I'll gladly get one again as they look very nice, but being able to use the device is kinda important to me.

That's a great point, the first review on it says that same thing. I'll stick the $10 case I got till Seidio or some other company has one with a holster combo set.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That's a great point, the first review on it says that same thing. I'll stick the $10 case I got till Seidio or some other company has one with a holster combo set.

I love the Seidio combos as well! I got the Case Mate POP with kickstand until the Seidios come out. It is actually a pretty good case. I also have a horizontal leather holster to use until I get the Surface combo. Even though the SGSII has a larger screen is it barley bigger that my capitvate or atrix so it fits in my holsters.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I love the Seidio combos as well! I got the Case Mate POP with kickstand until the Seidios come out. It is actually a pretty good case. I also have a horizontal leather holster to use until I get the Surface combo. Even though the SGSII has a larger screen is it barley bigger that my capitvate or atrix so it fits in my holsters.

My first experience with Seidio was with my iPhone 3GS, that phone looks like it just came out of the box when I had to take it off to transfer the SIM card to my awesome new phone.

naplesbill

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I actually picked up the first case (AGF) with the leather insert. I didn't really like it but it was better than the others and much thinner. I didn't want to risk damaging the phone without a case. I actually like it much better on the phone than in the package. It is a very very tight fit. There are also two holes at the top so I think this case is universal for the international and AT&T versions of the SGS II.

Honestly, once it is installed it feels like it is part of the phone not an added on case. The lip on the display is absolutely minimal. It actually requires a little massaging to completely cover the outer edge. Once in place, it doesn't budge.

I may still return it if I find something better though.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for SGP to make the cases specifically for this phone.. They released the screen protectors already but $12-$15 for screen protectors.. lol.. I know the international version fits but many said it covers the noise canceling mic so might want to wait for them to revise it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon