Since AT&T apps are preinstalled on this phone, which ones are free to use meaning no monthly subscriptions. I don't want to randomly open up an app and play around with it and end up having to pay... >.<
    10-01-2011 11:32 AM
    Since AT&T apps are preinstalled on this phone, which ones are free to use meaning no monthly subscriptions. I don't want to randomly open up an app and play around with it and end up having to pay... >.<
    All of them will tell you about the extra service charges. Unless you quickly start skipping the prompts and not read them you'll be fine. The AT&T navigation, the FamilyMap, the their TV app. Their scanner app is actually pretty good that one is actually free. Of course they all use data.
    10-01-2011 11:46 AM
    All of them will tell you about the extra service charges. Unless you quickly start skipping the prompts and not read them you'll be fine. The AT&T navigation, the FamilyMap, the their TV app. Their scanner app is actually pretty good that one is actually free. Of course they all use data.
    What are some good navigation programs? I used Navigon on my iPhone and loved it.

I think I'll remove all the bloatware except the scanner app then.
    10-01-2011 11:55 AM
    What are some good navigation programs? I used Navigon on my iPhone and loved it.

I think I'll remove all the bloatware except the scanner app then.
    Just use the free Google Maps navigation built in. As far as paid ones I hope someone could chime in on that for Android.
    10-01-2011 11:58 AM
    Just use the free Google Maps navigation built in. As far as paid ones I hope someone could chime in on that for Android.
    Mmm.. Well I guess Google Map can work.. It would be great to know which app is good for navigation though.
    10-01-2011 12:00 PM
    Why would anyone pay to use AT&T navigation when the Google Navigation is free and works great?
    mpazevedo likes this.
    10-01-2011 12:59 PM
    To remove the included apps, you have to be rooted. :-) That is the same for every Android, not just the GSII.
    10-01-2011 11:51 PM
    To remove the included apps, you have to be rooted. :-) That is the same for every Android, not just the GSII.
    Are you sure? From most review videos/reviews in general, they said that you can uninstall the bloatware from this phone in the settings. Unless I'm listening/reading something wrong..
    10-01-2011 11:54 PM
    The test phones are rooted. :-) Production GSIIs will be locked like every other phone.. So I guess the answer is Yes I am sure.
    10-02-2011 12:04 AM
    Every review I've read/ seen, say that AT&T is doing a great job listening to their customers and are now letting users remove most of the bloatware. Think you're wrong on this one, which is a good thing!
    10-02-2011 12:10 AM
    LOL, I work at ATT - bet ya 5 Android Central $$ I am not.
    10-02-2011 12:19 AM
    The test phones are rooted. :-) Production GSIIs will be locked like every other phone.. So I guess the answer is Yes I am sure.
    Wow. Calm down. Have fun being so sure about something you're wrong about. The sprint version allows you to uninstall bloatware out of the box, and the AT&T version does too... So no, it's not the same for EVERY android phone.
    10-02-2011 12:22 AM
    Lol, guess we all will find out by tomorrow :P
    10-02-2011 12:22 AM
    Lol, guess we all will find out by tomorrow :P
    I opened one two days ago and played with it. It lets you uninstall bloatware.
    10-02-2011 12:23 AM
    That's what I thought... After watching so many reviews, they all said AT&T listened to their customers and allowed them to uninstall the bloatware for this device.
    10-02-2011 12:25 AM
    Ya well I don't think we will be doing that. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. If that happens then it will be a new standard. I have not seen one yet that would allow the removal of all the att apps from the app manager. That goes for beta, pre-release and production model phones. Now rooted with Titanium Backup is a different story.

Did ya'll watch the review videos? Not much fluff there and I doubt the remaining apps can be removed via the app manager.

Guess tomorrow will tell the story.
    10-02-2011 12:28 AM
    Ya well I don't think we will be doing that. I hope I am wrong but I doubt it. If that happens then it will be a new standard. I have not seen one yet that would allow the removal of all the att apps from the app manager. That goes for beta, pre-release and production model phones. Now rooted with Titanium Backup is a different story.

Did ya'll watch the review videos? Not much fluff there and I doubt the remaining apps can be removed via the app manager.

Guess tomorrow will tell the story.
    You sir are wrong. I played with one today and could uninstall the bloat ware. Only reason I don't have it with me is Best Buy couldnt sell it yet. But at my local store it sits and waits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-2011 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD