Well, you guys know how most electronic devices with rechargeable batteries suggest you do a full charge before you start using it right? well, was reading the att samsung galaxy s2 manual, and it is no exception. My question is: Is it really necessary? i mean, will it cause problems later on or something? because i've never done it with any of my other elctronic devices (iphone, psp, ds, etc...) and they've been fine, but i keep reading that the batterie on android devices doesn't last too much, so if it damages the battery by even 5%, i don't wanna take a chance

Would you guys charge it? because you know how excited you get when you have a new toy on your hands :P
    10-01-2011 12:00 PM
    I'm going to charge mine for 4 hours then use the crap out of it. I'll spend my time reading the 211 page manual.
    10-01-2011 12:15 PM
    would also like to add a question about the battery
    if i plug it in to charge over night and it gets fully charged, will it disconnect automatically ? i know laptops lose battery life if you leave it constantly plugged in
    10-01-2011 12:18 PM
    would also like to add a question about the battery
    if i plug it in to charge over night and it gets fully charged, will it disconnect automatically ? i know laptops lose battery life if you leave it constantly plugged in
    Nowadays these batteries have no memory effect, there is no need to unplug.
    10-01-2011 01:27 PM
    Well, you guys know how most electronic devices with rechargeable batteries suggest you do a full charge before you start using it right? well, was reading the att samsung galaxy s2 manual, and it is no exception. My question is: Is it really necessary? i mean, will it cause problems later on or something? because i've never done it with any of my other elctronic devices (iphone, psp, ds, etc...) and they've been fine, but i keep reading that the batterie on android devices doesn't last too much, so if it damages the battery by even 5%, i don't wanna take a chance

Would you guys charge it? because you know how excited you get when you have a new toy on your hands :P
    I never can wait, personally.

There's also an app on the market to recalibrate the battery if you think it needs it. As far as I can tell that would erase any problems you might see.
    10-01-2011 01:45 PM
    Sometimes they come fully charged, if not close enough anyway. I won't be able to wait myself Where do you see that in the manual btw?
    10-01-2011 06:10 PM
    Note: You must fully charge the battery before using your phone for the first
    time. A discharged battery recharges fully in approximately 4 hours.

page 14, or 9 (14 in the reader, 9 in the image)
    10-01-2011 08:32 PM
    Oh, that sucks. I dont think I did with my captivate. I'm quite sure I didn't actually. It was pretty full when I got it.
    10-01-2011 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD