AT&T Oct. 2 Release: No inventory in the stores. Preorder only?

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been checking with an AT&T store near me for the past week on whether they will be getting any S2s over the weekend. During my previous visit they did say that they are expecting some and that i could come and pick one up on Sunday. But yesterday evening when i went down to the store they told me that they received an email asking them to take only orders on Sunday and that it will take at least two days to receive the device itself. I also called another store this morning and they confirmed this as well. I'm in Houston. Can anybody confirm this?

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Oct. 2 Release: No inventory in the stores. Preorder onl

Wait till later today...I am sure it will be for sale tomorrow. My buddy works at AT&T so I will def know...but I am sure I will be there at 10am tomorrow getting a new phone :)

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, hoping for that. He did mention that the email was sent out for Houston area only.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Both my at&t stores said same and i believe there will be no "actual" inventory- I have a running joke with one of the reps ther regarding this phone and its elusiveness, and she looked me dead in the eye and said "the Eagle has NOT landed"...lol

Good gravy, they have handled this launch sooooooo ridiculous, i barely want the dang phone....

So, I went next door to Best Buy (i said "barely", not "entirely" : ) and they had 3, put my name on one and promised if i was there by 10 am (they open at 9) the mgr said he could hold it 1 hr past 9am...

I did TRY to get him to sell it sooner, and as nice as he was, said there was no way and the stores that do that are risking sanctions from the carriers and he wouldn't ever do it, i totally understand, i mean after all, if the DANG Corporate Store can't even HAVE them in on launch date (so pathetic AT&T, y'all are sad, bringin' a tear to my eye - hopefully it will be wiped away when i get my hands on y'all's version of this phone : )

I have the Sprint ET4G for 8 more days, am going to do side by sides and make a decision then. I don't mind a $35.00 restocking fee to be able to "be 100% certain which phone will be best in my hand & which carrier will be best in my area : )

BTC

Trip64

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

i dont know what the story is with att stores but Best Buy has them....i went to the store i pre ordered mine and they got them in friday night. they even pulled mine out of the cabinet to show me....i tried to talk them into letting me buy it today but it didnt work.
:'( 10am i will be at their door. :D

0n3_kn0WN

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

I checked with my local AT&T (Southern NH) they said they have like 40 in stock for sale tomorrow, no chance of selling it today. I then checked with the bestbuy just down the road and they said they had none in stock currently. Who knows, im going to AT&T, but i guess they dont open till 11.. crap, longest morning ever!

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I checked with my local AT&T (Southern NH) they said they have like 40 in stock for sale tomorrow, no chance of selling it today. I then checked with the bestbuy just down the road and they said they had none in stock currently. Who knows, im going to AT&T, but i guess they dont open till 11.. crap, longest morning ever!

Forty? Hopefully my corp stores have even half that many. My corporate stores say they have them in stock but won't say how many. My local Best Buy says they won't get them until the 5th and to call back Monday (not the 5th... I think they're BSing me). Radio Shack said they "couldn't tell me about future inventory" and stuck to that story. I don't know if they were supposed to have it on launch day or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

My local ATT stores have it in, but will not say how many.
I know one is mine!!

JimmyDW2

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I called a few stores in my area of SE Houston. Pasadena, Baytown, Clearlake, Baybrook Mall, all said the same thing. Had one of them tell me no stores in all of SE Texas, they were just as upset as I was!

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I called a few stores in my area of SE Houston. Pasadena, Baytown, Clearlake, Baybrook Mall, all said the same thing. Had one of them tell me no stores in all of SE Texas, they were just as upset as I was!

AT&T is just failing at this big time!:mad:

nimblefooted

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

In Austin the stores claim they won't be stocking this phone at all, tomorrow or going forward. One rep claimed that in this area AT&T is moving to LTE and therefore won't be introducing any new phones in the area stores that do not support LTE.

The stores say it will be available for direct fulfillment to the house for folks who want it. There seems to be some disagreement as to whether S2 demo units will be available in the store to play with.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

In Austin the stores claim they won't be stocking this phone at all, tomorrow or going forward. One rep claimed that in this area AT&T is moving to LTE and therefore won't be introducing any new phones in the area stores that do not support LTE.

The stores say it will be available for direct fulfillment to the house for folks who want it. There seems to be some disagreement as to whether S2 demo units will be available in the store to play with.

I don't believe it myself. Maybe they did say it, but..
I do think Texas goes without iPhone 5

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I have bought my last 2 phones from best buy. After seeing this thread, I called my nearest att store to see if they had the SGS II in stock and they told me they will not know until 12 pm tomorrow. I already know my nearest best buy mobile will have some in, so sorry att not coming by just to see if you have them. I will go by and get my case at att since I get a 25% corporate discount on accessories.

I guess att has so much business they can play games like that? Oh well, I am more than happy to give best buy my phone business.

Last edited:

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Ok I was going to start my first thread but I see someone beat me to the punch. LOL I went to my local ATT store and they said that they do not have any in stock and you can just order them and have it shipped to either the store or my house. The rep also mentioned that there are new phones coming out soon and that is the reasoning for not having it in stock. I live in the Houston area and we already have LTE. I think they are not going to sell this phone in the stores because they are going to have LTE phones coming out very soon and want people to purchase those. I really think it is a ridiculous idea but it does make good business sense. They want to push their LTE lineup and do not need this awesome phone taking away from the mediocre LTE lineup. My other thought is they do not want to take away from the Iphone release. I do not think this is the case since other people in other places have already said that their local ATT stores already have them in stock. So I guess I will not have my phone until Tuesday. WTH :mad:

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Austin is not even a current LTE market for att...They are DFW, Houston and San Antonio. They will not be getting much business for a while...LOL

UK_Alum_02

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I checked in with my AT&T store today just to make sure they wouldn't sell me one today. She said she had them in the back. She wouldn't say how many but said they have enough and getting one tomorrow shouldn't be an issue.

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Update: I just called them again and the guy who answered my phone said they will have some. YAY!! :)

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

called both att and bestbuy, both said they have in stock, i think one said they have 5 in stock. i asked both if i can pick up without pre order they said yes

one of the girls sounded like a scatterbrain tho...the other guy was legit (bestbuy)

infact he sounded so legit i will prefer to buy it at bestbuy becuz of the poor customer service the girl had on the phone :mad:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

called both att and bestbuy, both said they have in stock, i think one said they have 5 in stock. i asked both if i can pick up without pre order they said yes

one of the girls sounded like a scatterbrain tho...the other guy was legit (bestbuy)

infact he sounded so legit i will prefer to buy it at bestbuy becuz of the poor customer service the girl had on the phone :mad:

And best buy gives you are 30 day return policy with no restock fee...just in case. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513