10-06-2011 11:12 AM
115 1234 ...
tools
    Press the home button and then press the power button. You should hear it take a screen shot.
    Ahh I was doing power first. Kept taking a pic of the phone options popup.
    10-02-2011 02:48 PM
    I know it needs to charge, but I'm having a difficult time putting it down. lol

Market place isn't that bad compared to the app store.
    10-02-2011 03:04 PM
    Got this phone at 11 am as soon as at&t opened..im blown away this phone is amazing and i got the pop case with the kickstand and to top it all off one of the employees was asking what i was going to do with my iphone 4 and he bought it off me right there and then 250 cash...my gs2 was free!!!!!
    I'm sure he did you just gave him a deal of the year. Could have sold it for double what you got.
    10-02-2011 03:06 PM
    The AT&T store opened at 10:00. I got there at 9:45 and there was one guy sitting in his car. We stood at the door, and he said he'd been there since 7:30.

The store only had 2, (not including the display model) and we get them.

I'm coming from a Nexus One which was starting to feel a bit slow. This thing is slick.
    10-02-2011 03:06 PM
    Omg this phone is so fast and responsive. 0 hangups so far. By far the best phone I've ever owned.
    10-02-2011 03:12 PM
    This phone is gorgeous. The 4.3" screen is PERFECT compared to the 4.5" from Sprint. It's so light and fast. I didn't think the plastic was going to agree with me but I'd rather this than the fragile, heavy glass and metal on the iPhone 4. Speaking of which it's on craigslist as we speak. I love this phone.
    ObiGeorge and experiment 626 like this.
    10-02-2011 03:20 PM
    Just got mine at BB mobile. Got them to pricematch Walmart too, even though no walmart near me had any in stock

Sweet phone so far
    10-02-2011 03:24 PM
    Just got home and put it on charge. I am ready to start playing. This is my first Android device. Here in Elizabethtown, KY, not a big demand for the phone. The girl said I might be the only one they've sold today. Oh well, people are missing out.
    10-02-2011 03:30 PM
    how did he get ripped if the deal worked out for him ? 250 maybe on the low end of the curve, but so what... he got a new phone with accessories he wanted right there and then...

He got ripped because he could have gotten 274 from best buy which is where he was just by handing the phone to the tech in an official capacity. Hell the tech probably turned it around and turned it in and made an instant 25$ profit.
    10-02-2011 03:42 PM
    All of these first impressions sound great! I am waiting to see what the iPhone 5 looks like before I make any changes but I am strongly leaning toward the SGSII
    I'm in the same boat. Keep the great reviews coming and I'm likely to jump from my 3GS to the SGSII. I'm eligible to upgrade right now and I'm just waiting until Tuesday to see what Apple brings. If the next iPhone is just a spec bump, I'm fairly certain I'm jumping ship.

I was almost certain I would stay with iPhone, but I got the chance to play with a Inspire 4G yesterday and I was HIGHLY impressed. It instantly caused me to rethink my allegiances...lol. When the manager at the ATT store told me the SGSII was coming out today, I was pretty pumped up.

If Apple introduces a redesigned iPhone 5, I'm gonna have a really hard decision ahead of me. Or, maybe not, if the reviews of the SGSII keep being so good!
    10-02-2011 04:11 PM
    I played with one today and fell in love

The at&t version is so much thinner and lighter and better in hands than sprint one.

Gotta get one.
    10-02-2011 05:13 PM
    I CAN NOT keep my hands off of this phone. It's so LIGHT and the screen is beautiful! I love it. best Android phone hands down!
    ObiGeorge likes this.
    10-02-2011 05:22 PM
    i think im spoiled with this being my first smart phone becuz while i love everything about it, i cant compare it to other phones so i cant enjoy the superiority :<

one thing i dont like is the heat when using heavy media
    10-02-2011 05:26 PM
    This phone is gorgeous. The 4.3" screen is PERFECT compared to the 4.5" from Sprint. It's so light and fast. I didn't think the plastic was going to agree with me but I'd rather this than the fragile, heavy glass and metal on the iPhone 4. Speaking of which it's on craigslist as we speak. I love this phone.
    I am still carrier phone shopping (oh the joy!) and I am using VZW and Sprint right now. I LOVE the big screen on the eTouch. I think I am going to have to walk in with my eTouch and compare. Being a screen junkie, I think I am decided already though. Welcome to the best phone in the US!
    10-02-2011 05:26 PM
    I played with one today and fell in love

The at&t version is so much thinner and lighter and better in hands than sprint one.

Gotta get one.
    Wish they would remove that hideous at&t decal from the front of the phone. Going to decide if I should go with at&t.....maybe?
    10-02-2011 05:28 PM
    I CAN NOT keep my hands off of this phone. It's so LIGHT and the screen is beautiful! I love it. best phone hands down!

Fixed.

Seriously though I doubt Apple will top this phone, for me anyway. Even if the iPhone 5 is everything I wanted (4"+ screen) they would REALLY have to impress me to make me buy it. And even in that case, I'll just add another line and have the iPhone 5 for play and the GSII for work.
    10-02-2011 05:31 PM
    Fixed.

Seriously though I doubt Apple will top this phone, for me anyway. Even if the iPhone 5 is everything I wanted (4"+ screen) they would REALLY have to impress me to make me buy it. And even in that case, I'll just add another line and have the iPhone 5 for play and the GSII for work.
    There's no way Apple is gonna catch up with hardware or software compared to Android and especially with the Nexus (INSERT COOL NAME HERE)with ICS comes out... Apple is left to rot and have dirty worms crawl in.
    jsntrenkler likes this.
    10-02-2011 06:04 PM
    Just picked mine up as well. Loving this thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-02-2011 06:08 PM
    Bought mine this afternoon while on the way to work. Had fun with it for about 20 minutes until I plugged it in. It then went black and intermittently flashed the battery charge screen. When unplugged, it rebooted. Even after taking everything out and reseating it, the problem repeated. So, back to the store I went for a replacement.

I am now enjoying my second GSII very much.
    10-02-2011 06:16 PM
    I had the Sprint version for about three days. The screen was absolutely incredible. I have never seen anything so vibrant on a phone. It was very fast and smooth.
    10-02-2011 06:48 PM
    I've been waiting on this device for months. I was in no rush to get to BB or AT&T because I've made numerous release date purchases. If it's not an iPhone, people don't care about it (which I loved). The GS2 seems to have generated a different type of buzz. I got to BB about 2 hours after they opened. There were several people already there and by the time a rep checked on us, he informed me that they were out. I was incredibly surprised and angry lol. The two people I saw getting S2s were iPhone users.

I haven't used mine yet (waiting on ROMs to pop up), but the demo was everything I expected. The thing I'm most impressed with is its size. Its combination of thinness (and light weight) and the 4.3 in. display makes it the PERFECT size (almost unnoticeable in a pocket, and it slides in and out smoothly). I'm definitely going to be keeping it for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my Inspire
    10-02-2011 07:03 PM
    Try Handcent its free and works great
    10-02-2011 07:14 PM
    Hey, was reading the original Galaxy s 2 had FM radio, what about this phone? Be sweet if it did, I would buy it today. internet service is week here, and no app is like real FM radio.
    10-02-2011 07:34 PM
    I just picked mine up from the local att store here in Savannah. I was going to get it from best buy but they didn't have any in stock when I got there when they opened. So an hour later I'm rocking my sgs2. So far looking good. Biggest gripe is the message apparently hasits own setting for notification sound and Samsung and gmail have their own email notifications. But those aren't deal breakers.
    10-02-2011 07:39 PM
    Live wallpapers are cool. Wife liked the stripper one.
    10-02-2011 08:11 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD