10-06-2011 11:12 AM
115 ... 345
tools
    I'm really liking mine so far. I moved over from a Pre+ and getting used to it, but it's a beautiful piece of hardware and lightening fast.
    Simba501 likes this.
    10-04-2011 12:00 PM
    Woo Hoo.....my 72hr waiting period is over! I can pick up my gun now. lol
    maseison likes this.
    10-04-2011 02:45 PM
    Works a bit better if you press the home key first & then quickly press the power button.
    10-04-2011 09:05 PM
    Works a bit better if you press the home key first & then quickly press the power button.
    And don't hold either, just press. Took me a bit to get used to it.
    10-04-2011 10:06 PM
    I love it! I'm on Sprint and I have good 4G coverage and I use Wifi at home. The 3G radio is very weak and if you have to rely on that, you will probably find yourself on the fence of whether to keep the phone or return it. Having said that...you will NOT want to return this phone so I suggest you just stay away if you don't have solid 4G in your area. I'm sure this is a phone issue and not a Sprint issue because I never had problems with my HTC Evo loosing the data connection.

The screen is simply unrivaled. Not only is it the biggest, it's vibrant! You can adjust the color saturation, too. At first the phone felt uncomfortably large and lightweight, but just like most things...you'll adjust. My HTC G2 looked pitiful sitting beside this beautiful beast. The TPU case adds nice grip to the somewhat slick grip of the naked phone.

I got a skinomi screen protector for less than 5 bucks-it adhered perfectly and I don't have a single bubble or ripple anywhere. I just ordered a tpu-cases.com case for 9 bucks and grabbed a kickstand off ebay for 5 bucks to use on my desk. If you need an attached kickstand, there's a pretty nifty case on Amazon.

Battery life is totally adequate. The first couple days it was terrible, I couldn't keep it charged but now it's leveled off nicely.

The camera takes great stills. Adjust the setting to "fireworks" to kill the blue tint from the flash. I haven't used the camcorder much yet.

I'm running Agile Lock to replace that silly home screen. I also run Ringtone Rotator and Automatic Wallpaper Changer and get papers from Zedge (and tones), Pic Speed HD Wallpapers and Wallpapers HD, all free in Market.

My Quadrant benchmark is 3312. I read that Quadrant runs on only 1 processor...so yea...ain't nothin effin with this phone when it comes to speed.

This phone surely will not be antiquated any time soon.
    10-05-2011 07:18 AM
    I'm in love!! My biggest gripe with my iPhone is the autotext and autocomplete. Much better setup with the GS2.

LOL There's a website dedicated to that very topic. Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories it's hilarious!
    10-05-2011 07:20 AM
    Yeah, but i cant quite get the hang of it. How long do you press power & home?
    Just a second. Press the home key first and then while holding that immediately press the sleep button for literally a second.
    10-05-2011 07:21 AM
    The international version has a 4.3" screen. The US version has 4.52" screen...I've read 2 posts already that said 4.3" and noooo it's 4.52"hahah (unless you have the world version but I don't thin ya do)
    10-05-2011 07:31 AM
    Biggest gripe is the message apparently hasits own setting for notification sound and Samsung and gmail have their own email notifications. But those aren't deal breakers.
    You don't have to use those, they're just defaults.
    10-05-2011 07:32 AM
    The international version has a 4.3" screen. The US version has 4.52" screen...I've read 2 posts already that said 4.3" and noooo it's 4.52"hahah (unless you have the world version but I don't thin ya do)
    There are three (3) separate U.S. versions of the Galaxy S II.

Sprint's version (Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - damn that's a ridiculous name) released first and it has a 4.52" screen, as does T-Mobile's version which has yet to release.

AT&T's variant has the same 4.3" screen size as the international version, and the overall physical dimensions are pretty close with AT&T's being just a hair bigger and thicker.
    10-05-2011 08:32 AM
    Got the pop case too :P Both the phone and the case are amazing!
    10-05-2011 12:23 PM
    Screen is amazing, flows nicely.
    10-05-2011 04:22 PM
    I was thinking of holding out for the Nexus but I have come to really like the TouchWiz interface (have a Captivate) and will be getting the GSII this weekend. If you don't like TochWiz, maybe a reason to wait for others to catch up to the GSII
    10-06-2011 07:21 AM
    I was thinking of holding out for the Nexus but I have come to really like the TouchWiz interface (have a Captivate) and will be getting the GSII this weekend. If you don't like TochWiz, maybe a reason to wait for others to catch up to the GSII
    I LOVE TW 4.0. I have purchased several launchers and the sit in the market, "uninstalled." For now anyway.
    10-06-2011 07:23 AM
    What did you use to back up your messaging on the Atrix and restore it to the SGS2? or how did you do it?
    10-06-2011 11:12 AM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD