Got my GSII (First Impressions)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have mine waiting for me to pick up at 10AM (PST)... I am torn... Do I grab it and go because I really love the Android system, or do I wait a day to see what the new iPhone brings to the table? I have until the 21st to swap my current Infuse...

Latest rumors are it will be a 4s as opposed to a redesign. Redesign was the only thing that would possibly draw me back to iPhone as the 4 gave me reception issues like a mofo. Unless this things battery is absolutely atrocious, I'm sticking with android.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
waiting to see what everyone thinks. hate to be locked in something I dont like for 2 years. Its nice getting a kewl new phone but I can' think of better things to spend money on. I have had BB for years I email alot. Had Iphone at the begining hated it. I have had windows phone too. Never a Android. im waiting to see apple I 5 and the HTC Holiday before I make a dession. I think HTC make great products.:)

HTC does make great products. This phone is amazing. I would say get the Galaxy S2. The iPhone is limited and moving ever closer to resembling Android. We only have speculation regarding the Holiday and there's no telling how long you'd be waiting on that.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, true. Whatever it is to be announced tomorrow may not actually be available for weeks.
...and, even IF it is the 5 coming out, I'm not a huge fan of iOS (my wife has the iPhone 4), and I am pretty much an Android fanatic. In the early days of Android (HTC Hero was my first), I would say, "man I wish I could get an iPhone", so my wife gives me grief now about NOT getting an iPhone... "that's all you used to want..." she says. But Android has matured so much and become so familiar to me that I really don't think I'd want iOS. (I've owned Hero, EVO4G, EVO3D, Infuse)... Yeah, the more I mull it over, especially with the encouragement here, I am going to go grab the SammyG2... :p

Donnell Jones

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Loving my GSII so far. My biggest gripe is with the power saving mode. Although I have it set to only turn on when the battery goes below 30% its always on even with a full charge and it applies the power save settings which is really annoying. Hopefully that can be fixed with an update. Otherwise I have no complaints and the only potential reason I would switch would be a Nexus Prime coming to AT&T before my 30 days is up!

kcnwa

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BB Torch (9800). My local AT&T corp store said he got 7 of them in. They had sold 3 of them by the time I got there at 11:45 and I walked out the door with one for me and one for the wife.

This phone is simply amazing compared to my BB. I still can't process how awesome it is and cannot comprehend why people defend BB.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
OK! Decided to grab mine. Good thing I had it on hold as it was the last one. Since I swapped my Infuse for this one under the 30 day swap, I am married to this device for the next 20 months (or whatever it is), but I think we will get along just fine!

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
This phone is simply amazing compared to my BB. I still can't process how awesome it is and cannot comprehend why people defend BB.

I was a long time BB user. It has just fallen eons behind (and OS7 is basically 6.1 - which isn't even a significant improvement over OS 5, aside from the browser). I was pretty much forced to leave. I can do so much more with the Android OS.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Loving my GSII so far. My biggest gripe is with the power saving mode. Although I have it set to only turn on when the battery goes below 30% its always on even with a full charge and it applies the power save settings which is really annoying. Hopefully that can be fixed with an update. Otherwise I have no complaints and the only potential reason I would switch would be a Nexus Prime coming to AT&T before my 30 days is up!

It's not on, it's just telling you it's enabled and will activate at whatever percent setting you selected.

sapko82

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried to buy the Samsung SG2 at at&t store in san jose, California. The rep told me they wouldnt be getting the phone in California that I could only get it online. Never heard of such a thing. Has anybody bought one in store in CA?

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I too just got mine, my local best buy and att stores had them available. does anyone know of some good headphones for andorid devices that include the inline mic, play/pause and volume up and down buttons that work on the SGS2?
My wife uses the Zagg Smartbuds with her Samsung Captivate and I would be optimistic they would work fine on the GSII. Good sound and can easily switch between music and answering phone.

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a huge bb fan. Moved to Atrix from 9800 and it blew my mind. Now just upgraded to this..and wow - my poor Atrix is sitting in the corner all sad.

As far as availability, its sort of weird how they launched this product. They knew it would be popular, but a lot of places ran out quick. In fact, here in Charlotte, (from what I could tell) the only stores that actually received stock were corporate owned AT&T stores. No resellers. And they were flying off the shelf. I had a lady at the store hold mine so I could get it on my lunch break cause they only had 3 left.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried to buy the Samsung SG2 at at&t store in san jose, California. The rep told me they wouldnt be getting the phone in California that I could only get it online. Never heard of such a thing. Has anybody bought one in store in CA?
Both the Best Buy where I bought mine in San Marcos (North San Diego) and the AT&T store had the GSII in stock.

spenserj87

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I was at the Roseville, CA store this morning and they said the SG2 was not going to be available in any NorCal AT&T store - for weeks. Not part of the initial product launch. I went to the store because I tried to buy online, it was forcing me to get rid of my unlimited data plan. I ended up doing an order from the store, kept may unlimited data, the phone will be shipped in 24 hours. I'm happy to get one this week. Seems kind of dumb to not have them available at all in NorCal.

D

kylie1313

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Im coming from a BB Bold and Im having a hard time deciding to go with the GSII or the Infuse. I know the GSII is overall a better phone but when I was at my at&t store i was having a hard time texting on it. Ive never had a touch screen phone before and was nervous about not being able to text very accurately. Well, the infuse was awesome to text on it never picked up the wrong key. Do you get used to texting on a touchsreen after a while? Can you guys please help me out!!! Should i go with the GSII and hope i get used to texting on it or get the infuse where i know i like the keyboard but its less of a phone?

sapko82

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Roseville, CA store this morning and they said the SG2 was not going to be available in any NorCal AT&T store - for weeks. Not part of the initial product launch. I went to the store because I tried to buy online, it was forcing me to get rid of my unlimited data plan. I ended up doing an order from the store, kept may unlimited data, the phone will be shipped in 24 hours. I'm happy to get one this week. Seems kind of dumb to not have them available at all in NorCal.

D

Yeah I am having trouble believing that, ridiculous.

Buckmaster

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, been looking around, trying to find out if this phone has FM radio, like the International phone. On the AT&T site, they say it does. Really hoping it does. Here where I live, 3G service sucks and I love to be able to listen to the local FM stations. Sooo, Does it have FM radio?

sapko82

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Both the Best Buy where I bought mine in San Marcos (North San Diego) and the AT&T store had the GSII in stock.

Best Buy hasnt received any as well wtf is going on. Looks like Northern California is the only place on earth where you cant buy a Samsung SG2, dont know about Antarctica but they probably have enough to cover their residents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey