Got my GSII (First Impressions)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The phone is gorgeous. You shouldn't base your opinions solely off of what others think about it, but rather go get one from Best Buy. 30 day return policy plus no restocking fee. Doesn't get any better than that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Agreed! I was with Sprint and after a year with my EVO 4G i decided to get the SGS II Epic Touch. The phone was GREAT, cannot say enough good things about it. The 4.52 inch screen was noticibly larger than this, its shocking the 1/4 inch difference makes, but i think this one's size is growing on me.

This one has far less quirks than Sprint's ET, that was already has a known LOS issue, and from all the research i did, seemed like it wasn't going to be addressed none too quick. And as for Sprints service vs AT&T's in my area its literally like night & day. I might miss the 25 bucks a month cheaper Sprint was, but i surely won't miss the "Network Communication Issues" i constantly got, even with my EVO 4G.

Am a little disappointed that its almost impossible to get clarification on IF NFC is on this device, yes i know the battery says so, but it still remains a big mystery what exactly is physically installed, AND if we will ACTUALLY get the ability to "use it", which i gotta say is a feature i was/am TRULY looking forward to, so fingers crossed on that one...

One thing i will say which i also noticed on the AT&T's Infuse for the few days i had that, it seems AT&T's network for whatever reason is more prone to the "checkerboard effect" when loading pages. Sprint's ET was lightening fast, but seldom saw checkerboarding when loading pages on GSII ET,, and NEVER even once with my EVO 4G. I read somewhere that can be a combination high speed processor rendering getting to the page before the GPU has a chance to catch up (or something along those lines) and that it can also be attributed to a GSM phone delivering a better "data experience" where CDMA is more likely to excel at voice signal, not sure if that's true (or if its actually vice-versa) but seemed to make sense.

Since i am in 14 day trial, i am checking out as much of the competition as humanly possible, and yesterday i went to play with a demo of the HTC Amaze. Beautiful phone, but even tho its sporting a 1.5 ghz dual qualcomm, it doesn't come close to the processing smoothness and speed of this phone. Also, it seems it doesn't matter to phone manufacturers HOW they get to a 4.3 or 4.5 or 4.65 inch screen, long as they "get there....why they are "enlarging the screen sizes but turning them into bananas" is beyond me...Soon they will look like the buffalo tusks the Flintstones used...lol

K enough rambling, sorry, on to the phone : )

Phone performs so fantastic in every way shape or form. No bugs, no quirks, no hesitation, no irritations, no blips : )

I can tell you first hand having been a Vibrant owner (i loved that phone but lordy, i spent 99% of my time defending it...lol ) for a full year and then owning virtually every other frontrunner phone in the past year for AT LEAST 24 hours, this phone delivers everything it promises, and then some : )

BTC

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
thanks for looking, hope it is at lest something I can root and get working, be very cool to be able to listen to FM radio when I am running my tractor.

cctpitts01

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I too just got mine, my local best buy and att stores had them available. does anyone know of some good headphones for andorid devices that include the inline mic, play/pause and volume up and down buttons that work on the SGS2?

I have the Sprint one and for some reason I have 4 different headphones with in line Michael and none of them will work with the SG2 I can't get it to start the player or stop the player but it will work with the voice command.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I got the SII and I absolutely love it but I am still curious about the Iphone 5 and what it's going to look like and feature... I actually sold my digital camera because the camera on the SII was reviewed so nicely!

I have time to decide which is great if I decide to go with the iPhone 5 i can return this I believe.

Time will tell but at the moment i am keeping it cause it flys!!!

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Tried to buy the Samsung SG2 at at&t store in san jose, California. The rep told me they wouldnt be getting the phone in California that I could only get it online. Never heard of such a thing. Has anybody bought one in store in CA?

You want to hear something funny, I walked into an ATT store yesterday on my way out of the gym here in East Highland, CA. I wanted to compare the ATT SGII to the Sprint version I'm currently using (and love incidently, although Sprint is not the greatest when it comes to data speeds obviously).

Anyway, the store manager told me that they wouldnt be getting any in stock but that I could order one online and it would take 3 days to get there. I asked her why in the world they wouldn't be carring them in store and she said that Northern California and LA markets would not be carrying them in store. When I pressed her for more info, she seemed to think it had something to do with the pending litigation between Apple and Samsung. Now, obviously, take this with a grain a salt because she could have been completely full of it.

NOW HERE'S THE FUNNY PART. After taking in my look of disgust that my local AT&T store would not be physically carrying the very best android phone in the world, the manager quickly asked me, "would you like to try the Samsung Infuse. It's a comparable phone." "Comparable?" I asked. "How do you figure? Other than the screen technology, the Infuse spec wise is inferior to the SGII in almost every way. For starters, the SGII uses probably the markets fastest dual core processor....." at which point the female manager interrupted me and said, "Oh, but the Infuse is a dual core phone as well."

At which point my jaw hit the ground. This was the store manager mind you. I stopped her immediately and said, "uh, no. The Infuse has a 1.2 ghz hummingbird processor which I guarantee you is a single core. Do you even know your phones? Is this kind of stuff you tell uninformed customers? Really sad."

At that point the manager just stood there with a not so bright look on her face. She had two of her employees right next to her and they also sheepishly looked away. Afterwards I felt a little bad because I know I sounded like a dick (as well as a total phone nerd), but come on, that makes me angry when salesmen (or woman in this case) flat out lie to ignorant consumers just to get a sale. In this case, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was merely ignorant and not devious in any way. :p

cctpitts01

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what Apple brings to the table there is no way they could possibly how fast and smooth this phone is its ridiculous and you ATT wait till you get some charging cycles under your belt, this phone has the best battery life I have ever seen.

Gottimafia#AC

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 crapped out a few weeks ago and I was not under warranty. I upgraded to the Thrill 4g, and yesterday morning I returned it for SGS2. WOW!!! This is quite possibly the smoothest, fastest phone I've ever used. Beautiful display although its not Retina. Endless customization and ability to run so many things at once. I'm excited to hear from apple about the iPhone 5 but its going to take a major upgrade for me to turn this one in.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If they'd released this at the same time as the international version I would've bought without hesitating on. But now the new Nexus is on the way, not to mention the HTC Holiday/Raider (Dear AT& T please for the love of God don't call it Holiday) it's not so cut and dry.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont know about everyone else, but my phone cant hold on to a wifi connection if its life is depend on it. i must have gotten disconnected 20 times using ebuddy. (And it happened on more than 1 wifi connection)

frankiegth

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Try the radio shack headphones "AUVIO" with microphone...I think you ll be satisfied...I tried many headphones including Sony, skullies, Samsung..etc but the sound on Auvio is great for $25 bucks...

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely LOVE my Sprint SGS2ET2 (the longest acronym in the history of phones).

Hardware-wise, the screen quality blew me away, and easily put it over the top for me. Honestly, the phone is a bit big for me, but that's just me. It is amazingly light. I expected it to be much heavier, especially given its size.

Software-wise, it's also very nice. Plenty of apps to do everything I want to do. OS speed is also very very impressive.

All that said, go play with the phone before you buy it (what is there to lose, really?), unless you're already sold.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely LOVE my Sprint SGS2ET2 (the longest acronym in the history of phones).

Hardware-wise, the screen quality blew me away, and easily put it over the top for me. Honestly, the phone is a bit big for me, but that's just me. It is amazingly light. I expected it to be much heavier, especially given its size.

Software-wise, it's also very nice. Plenty of apps to do everything I want to do. OS speed is also very very impressive.

All that said, go play with the phone before you buy it (what is there to lose, really?), unless you're already sold.

Kinda the wrong forum TheMacs... :)