I know I have seen others asking about visual voicemail for the GS2, so I thought I would point out the ATT messages App.
    Not only do you get the visual voicemail, but it also translates vm to text.

It is free as well
    mpazevedo likes this.
    10-02-2011 01:13 PM
    That is great news. Just in time for the SGSII launch. Nice AT&T.
    10-02-2011 03:04 PM
    What app is this?
    10-02-2011 03:29 PM
    What app is this?
    https://market.android.com/details?i...le.attmessages

Enjoy
    SteveISU likes this.
    10-02-2011 03:43 PM
    thanks!
    10-02-2011 03:49 PM
    thanks!
    Click that button
    10-02-2011 03:50 PM
    I just downloaded and set up the AT&T Messages App last night to get Visual Voicemail on my new G2 and wonder if anyone else has come up with any workarounds... I like the visual voicemail part, but do not want to use it for texts and really don't like that it has over-ridden my text notification sound that I previously set. I have looked in the app and settings and do not see a way to disable this sound or notification or to make the stock text notification sound override the AT&T App. Had anyone encountered this issue or am I just too picky? If there is not a nice workaround, then maybe I should consider another visual voicemail app; does anyone have any recommendations? I am new to Android and just switched over from a iPhone 3GS, which I didn't even think about losing the concept of visual voicemail. Thanks.
    10-04-2011 01:06 PM
    btt...
    10-04-2011 10:32 PM
    I just downloaded and set up the AT&T Messages App last night to get Visual Voicemail on my new G2 and wonder if anyone else has come up with any workarounds... I like the visual voicemail part, but do not want to use it for texts and really don't like that it has over-ridden my text notification sound that I previously set. I have looked in the app and settings and do not see a way to disable this sound or notification or to make the stock text notification sound override the AT&T App. Had anyone encountered this issue or am I just too picky? If there is not a nice workaround, then maybe I should consider another visual voicemail app; does anyone have any recommendations? I am new to Android and just switched over from a iPhone 3GS, which I didn't even think about losing the concept of visual voicemail. Thanks.

Try google voice, I think it's what your looking for.
    10-04-2011 10:53 PM
    After using google voice I like it compared to the AT&T messages app. It just plain works. Simple and to the point. Uninstall the AT&T app otherwise you get multiple notifications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 01:48 AM
    +1 for Google voice. It's awesome. And you can access your messages from any computer with an internet connection and web browser.

Sent from my SGS II
    10-05-2011 02:24 AM
    Plus it transcribes the message for you and notifies you via email as well with that transcription.
    10-05-2011 09:16 AM
    Plus it transcribes the message for you and notifies you via email as well with that transcription.
    I wouldnt put this down with much value. They need to devote some more time to the transcription because it is horrible. Dragon Naturaly speaking from 2000 (11 year old version) is far more accurate. Google voice has a lot going for it, but transcription is not really one of those things it is HORRID.
    10-05-2011 09:23 AM
    Try google voice, I think it's what your looking for.
    You beat me to the punch. Lol

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 05:15 PM
    I'm in Puerto Rico and can't set up Google Voice. Any other alternatives worth trying? I was using AT&T Messages in my Infuse but I got fed up with it because it showed everything. Calls, texts, VMs...
    10-06-2011 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD