1. how do i close an app like a browser, if im on the browser and hit home i notice if i go back it just opens the same page, nice but i want to close it for the sake of battery
    2. is there a way to set up wifi so it automatically turns on when im at home but turns off when i leave the radius of my router? is this an unrealistic feature because i have 1 bar at home, i really thought that with this nice new phone i would still be able to browse but im stuck with wifi, which i don't want to be turning on and off every time i leave my house
    3. what gps system should i use, i see there is a default one..havent checked it out but i heard you have to pay for it?
    4. for my draw password, i noticed if i press the power button to lock and than again to unlock, the draw pass isnt there. but if i let my screen black out and than press power it shows, that normal? seems kinda lame if i have to let it die out because i always lock my phone b4 putting it in my pocket
    5. im going to play around with my phone for a week before doing any customization but what is the best battery saving app? i dont mind paying if its real nice but i heard there are good free ones, what exactly do they do?
    10-02-2011 01:58 PM
    1. you can close an app by holding the back button instead of pushing the home.
    2.look around the app store for that. i haven't looked for such an app but im sure its there. the thing is you will be using gps all the time instead... you may save a bit more batt just leaving the wifi on....
    3.when i first got my infuse i could use the google nav no prob. for about a week or so it seems as if att has gimped GPS unless u pay for it. but you can use google maps to get directions, it just wont be spoken to u.... alot cheaper than 10 bux a month too!
    4. it is a known bug, look on android centrals previous posts about that bug. from what i uderstand u can get away from it by setting the time to immediate.
    5. never used one so i cant help you. but this phone seems to be good on batt life....
    10-02-2011 02:10 PM
    thanks for the quick reply

going through and downloading a buncha stuff
    10-02-2011 02:19 PM
    2. I know there's a good one there I can't think of at the moment, I haven't used it since I had my Backflip.

3. Google Nav has voice directions. I was just playing around with it.

5. There is a battery saving feature in the settings. Once rooted, you can also use SetCPU to limit your CPU and undervolt your GPU. Never done this personally, but there's documentation over at XDA-Developers.
    10-02-2011 02:34 PM
    After having a Captivate with the GPS problem one of the first things that I tried was Navigation. Not only it did lock quickly it gave spoken directions.
    10-02-2011 02:35 PM
    You guys talking about the stock maps app?
    10-02-2011 02:40 PM
    The Navigation app is the one with spoken directions.
    10-02-2011 02:43 PM
    Google maps?
    10-02-2011 02:44 PM
    Navigation uses Google maps but it is a seperate app from Google maps.
    10-02-2011 02:47 PM
    Navigation uses Google maps but it is a seperate app from Google maps.
    I use navigation with Google maps all the time on my atrix. It is a beta Google app that works with Google maps. It speaks just like a stand alone GPS unit. I have never used the ATT navi app.

The Google maps navi works great! And of course it is free.
    10-02-2011 02:55 PM
    2. is there a way to set up wifi so it automatically turns on when im at home but turns off when i leave the radius of my router? is this an unrealistic feature because i have 1 bar at home, i really thought that with this nice new phone i would still be able to browse but im stuck with wifi, which i don't want to be turning on and off every time i leave my house
    Found it. Try "Locale." One of the options is to change settings when you enter or exit a specified circle using GPS. Pretty slick.
    10-05-2011 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD