ATT Corp store will not get GS2 in store

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
They said they don't know why, but thought it might have something to do with Apple v Samsung lawsuit. Made no sense to them to make it available online, but not in the store. He had one, so I played with it a bit. I'm going to keep my Infuse and keep an eye on new releases. Honestly, to me, it felt like I was using a smaller Infuse, even though I know it's supposed to be much faster. Then again, I'm a newbie to Android, so I may very well not have put it through the appropriate tests. Anyway, so glad not to be thinking about this anymore and that the wait is over.

Happy S2ing all!

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I went to a corp store here in Elk Grove, CA and they said they didn't have any either and was not selling them. Gave me some weird excuse like a battery issue or something. Either way, they weren't selling any and did not have a date when they would. The person then tried to get me to buy an Infuse. Um, no.

LarryM#AC

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I was in two different AT&T stores today and a Radio Shack who said they are not allowed to sell them. One store sputterd about they are waiting on the HD version so I laughed and said or maybe because AT&T is having to keep Apple happy. The manager laughed and said that could be, I was then shown a demo model of the phone.

I am pissed this changed my attitude 100% of dealing with AT&T they are all crooks yet this is a really low consumer screw you, as I see it.

I was told also that it can be bought online yet not anywhere in Ca in an AT&T store. I may stop by Costco to see if they have it. Yet even radio shack only had the demo non live model to show.

LarryM#AC

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I think this may be a CA thing being apple is here. From what the first guy told me at the mall close to my house is that he was told they would not put them out here in Ca until at least Nov. Then the second info at a place close to my work who stated about the HD LTE model coming.

It is all just politics and can show you how these companys deal with each other.

I just checked Walmart and they alos have it so may go that route will wait to see other ratings and take it from there.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I think it varies from state to state for some reason. I was told that no corp store in TX would have them in stock though stores in other states would. Every TX store I've called has confirmed this. I went and picked one up at Best Buy, but now I see they are also selling them at some Walmarts for even cheaper than AT&T.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Over at XDA, there are a couple of other people that report the same thing (NoCal). I don't have the slightest idea why.

Mikegrann

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I also went into an AT&T store earlier today and the rep told me that no Californian corporate stores would be getting the phone. He mentioned something about November as well, like LarryM said earlier.

fossil54

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding? I got one of 4 at an outlet store in North Central Ok.. You guys in Ca. are getting seriously screwed! I live in a town of like 20,000 people. If I wasn't so in love with Android and super-amoled+, I would have never even known it was out today. No ads in the BB or Wallymart inserts , good job AT&T. Plus they were going to give me a whopping $20.00 for my Cappy. Good luck!

iSlackerz

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was at a Corporate AT&T store when it opened. No GS II in CA, except for San Diego. I went over to Radio Shack and picked one up immediately. Weird.