So i just got this phone and found a few things that, at least on appearance, are different than things i've seen about this phone in numerous videos and pictures.

First of all, the settings toggles in the notifications pull-down are different than i've seen on many video reviews of the ATT SGSII and also different than i've ever seen on a gingerbread phone. There is no toggle for sound off/vibrate first of all which i'd rather like to have. Is there any way to change this? There is also no toggle for 4G which i have definitely seen on videos featuring this device. What's going on with that?

Also, and less importantly, i have seen a samsung-looking calendar widget on the homescreen of this phone before, however, now that i have the phone, there is no such widget...why? I'm almost positive im not hallucinating...
    10-02-2011 03:37 PM
    So i just got this phone and found a few things that, at least on appearance, are different than things i've seen about this phone in numerous videos and pictures.

First of all, the settings toggles in the notifications pull-down are different than i've seen on many video reviews of the ATT SGSII and also different than i've ever seen on a gingerbread phone. There is no toggle for sound off/vibrate first of all which i'd rather like to have. Is there any way to change this? There is also no toggle for 4G which i have definitely seen on videos featuring this device. What's going on with that?

Also, and less importantly, i have seen a samsung-looking calendar widget on the homescreen of this phone before, however, now that i have the phone, there is no such widget...why? I'm almost positive im not hallucinating...
    One thing I miss from the iPhone 3GS, properly the only thing, is that little toggle to turn the ringer to vibrate. My phone still charging, giving it the full 4hr charge before I use the hell out of it. Will give a response later tonight if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
    10-02-2011 03:47 PM
    Thanks, I've never had an iphone but this is my third android device and the first that hasn't had a volume/vibrate/silent toggle in the dropdown notifications bar...
    10-02-2011 03:50 PM
    If you hold the lock button you can toggle vibration. They call it silent mode.
    10-02-2011 04:16 PM
    And we won't have a 4g toggle because we don't have 4g. Its just HSPA+.
    10-02-2011 05:08 PM
    Does HSPA+ automatically activate? When in the area?
    10-02-2011 05:32 PM
    Does HSPA+ automatically activate? When in the area?
    Yes, it is automated depending on your location if there's HSPA+ or not.
    10-02-2011 05:35 PM
    yeah I meant hspa+ sorry, got caught up in the naming mess haha. And I take it there isn't any way of changing what toggles appear in that dock? It's odd that it's different between my gingerbread captivate, my gingerbread sgs2 and my friend's froyo vibrant...
    10-02-2011 10:25 PM
    yeah I meant hspa+ sorry, got caught up in the naming mess haha. And I take it there isn't any way of changing what toggles appear in that dock? It's odd that it's different between my gingerbread captivate, my gingerbread sgs2 and my friend's froyo vibrant...
    Different version of Touchwiz, right?
    10-02-2011 10:29 PM
    not between the captivate and the vibrant I don't think
    10-02-2011 10:30 PM
    Probably not between those, no. But you can get widgetsoid if you want something different and put a power control style widget on your phone with nearly whatever you want on it.
    10-02-2011 10:46 PM
    thanks, I had forgotten about that app.
    10-02-2011 10:47 PM
    No you're not hallucinating; I thought I was too at first

I know I've seen video reviews of both the International i9100 as well as the "soon to be released" AT&T version (i777) showing that TouchWiz 4.0 calendar widget, and was hoping to have it as well once it was released for AT&T. Soon after Sprint's Epic Touch 4G was released, I went to the Sprint store and saw that it did have the TouchWiz 4.0 calendar widget.

What gives? Has anyone found a comparable one, or even a way to get the actual real TouchWiz calendar widget? I also know that the Samsung Infuse 4G has it for TouchWiz 3.
    10-16-2011 10:43 PM
    I use Go calendar widget. Works great!

tap'n
    10-16-2011 10:48 PM
    There are 2 calendar widgets. As for sounds, there is no sound toggle but you can do it by hold the down volume key. As for the 3/4g toggle, not gonna happen.

Try *#*#4636#*#*
    10-17-2011 08:39 PM
    The one I was describing is actually called the "month" widget. There is an "agenda" and "today" widget that comes on the AT&T version, but not this "month" widget. I know, there are others to chose from

This missing widget that I and the OP are stating, is described in this video of Sprint's Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (starts at 3 minutes, 43 seconds) -- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (Sprint) video tour - part 1 of 2 - YouTube

10-17-2011 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD