Any luck with cases?

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up this phone today and can't seem to find a case online or in-stores that isn't awful.....

Do you guys go with screen protectors too or is the straight gorilla glass good enough?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Case-Mate has some cases, already, as they make the AT&T ones.

I'm not sure about screen protectors. I want one, but I want to wait for one of the good brands to come out with one before I get it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I want a screen protector. In fact still using my ATRIX until I can get something on my sgs II. I got the case mate pop in black/gray with kickstand. Pretty good case.

Leaving the sgs II parked in my home until I get the screen protected.

gizak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Careful of some international cases. If they are a super snug fit, they won't fit well with the US AT&T version as it is slightly thicker (and i do mean very slightly).

I bought a mesh case off ebay for 2 bucks that was for the international GS2 and it doesn't fit right. The sides don't quite wrap around the edges and it constantly wants to pop off. Kind of sad, but at least i didn't drop $30+ for a case this time.

I'm thinking of buying a TPU/Gel case for a buck in the mean time - those will probably fit ok since they arn't a hard mold. If you do want a hard plastic case, I would make SURE you are buying one with it pictured on an AT&T GS2 (just make sure you see the at&t logo and no home button on the phone).

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Leaving your GSII behind while waiting on a screen protector? I've never used any screen protectors on ANY of my devices, and I've never had a problem. I don't understand why you guys are so paranoid, especially with the Gorilla Glass. Just treat your device with care, man.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Leaving your GSII behind while waiting on a screen protector? I've never used any screen protectors on ANY of my devices, and I've never had a problem. I don't understand why you guys are so paranoid, especially with the Gorilla Glass. Just treat your device with care, man.

+1

Just don't shove your phone in your pocket with your keys and then wear those gay ass skinny jeans.

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
AT&T guy said the screen is Gorilla Glass so that should help with scratching problems but I think this phone definitely needs a case just to give it some traction in may hands. This is the slipperiest phone I've ever held.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have struck out on cases. My AT&T store where I bought the phone this morning does not have any, nor do any of the other stores in my area. Seems that no-one carries a case with a holster either. I'll have to grab a universal fit horizontal case until some become available. Bummer....

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Case mate from the AT&T store. I am coming from a Otterbox Commuter on a Captivate.
The Case mate is much sleeker with maybe a little less protection than the commuter series.
I can tell the shiny black plastic on the back of the case will get lots of scratches over time but that is not a big deal to me.

It fits great in my pocket and with the rubber on the sides its easier not to drop it compared to my old commuter

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Picked up a case mate at the att store on launch day a pop case with kickstand and i like it. I was able to get a screen protector today also from att store. A moshi non glare protector. It took me a few hours to get used to it but it works fine.

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a case mate at the att store on launch day a pop case with kickstand and i like it. I was able to get a screen protector today also from att store. A moshi non glare protector. It took me a few hours to get used to it but it works fine.

Never knew Moshi made products for other companies besides Apple xD.. but $25 for the screen protector is pretty expensive o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781