battery life drained like 2% over 7-8 hours?

glorifiedsins

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
If you believe a rogue app is to blame for draining your battery try removing one suspect app at a time aand take note of battery depletion over the course of say a 15 minutes. Then leave all settings the same and remove another app one at a time to see if any improve performance. You could also post all settings and apps running so that people can evaluate what's going on with your device. If you feel the 15 Mina is too long or short an interval use what feels sufficient to you.

Last edited:

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
so i am so confused at my battery life! here is the deal
i posted somewhere here or another thread that my battery has ups n downs since i got it

the first day i got it, it barely drained 5% in 8 hours over night, the third night it drained 15%!
yesterday i was at 85% at 8am and headed off to work, mild - heavy usage im at 13% by 7pm and depressed about the poor battery

i turn it off so i can charge it faster ( first time i turned it off to charge) and charged it for 1 hour and 30 and headed off to my friends

so the battery charged fast since it was off, i was at 77%

same settings, wifi/gps/bt/everything off EXCEPT apn, i wanted to see my reception at my friends. Nothing diff about 3 bars(forgot to check the decibals but at home and work i get -105-111), have yet to see full bars which my other phone always had at this location(friends)

very mild use (call/browse for a few min) n passing phone around to friends to check it out ( they all liked it lol)
i cudnt believe at how every 30 minutes i checked and it was STILL 77%, by the end of the night at 2:30 am i was still at 75-76 %, WTF? i went from losing 3% per hour at work EASILY to to once again barely anything over 5-8 hours. i was wondering if it is displaying a wrong % but this morning its at 67% so it is definately sounding about accurate, its back in the charger right now while its turned on

i dont know if my battery is calibrating, or the reception was easier, or if it was because i charged with my phone off, but i do know that if this happens once than it can happen again, so im going to keep my hopes up and try to keep charging it with it off and than see if it works good tomorrow at work where my reception sucks

one thing i gotta ask, what exactly does it mean in the battery usage tab "on battery"
it says 1 day and 6 hours, but it was charged yesterday at 7 so it wouldnt have been a full day when i semi charged it than, shouldnt it reset every time i unplug the charger?

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
the third day i tested with brightness on low, a factor in my dissapointment with the battery life

im not sure how to calibrate but here is my charge history
i let it fully charge to 95-100% every night
wake up n go work come home and charge at around 13-20 %

is that calibrating? right now it was at 65% and i charged it to 92% because i decided i want to let it drain

is that going to mess up calibration

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
the third day i tested with brightness on low, a factor in my dissapointment with the battery life

im not sure how to calibrate but here is my charge history
i let it fully charge to 95-100% every night
wake up n go work come home and charge at around 13-20 %

is that calibrating? right now it was at 65% and i charged it to 92% because i decided i want to let it drain

is that going to mess up calibration

Not sure. There's an app called battery calibrator on the market. Give it a shot.